Current Page: 96 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers", "cult"
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 04, 2012 07:44AM

Apollo
''What can we do to persuade him or move him into the light?''

My goodness, surely a wind-up?

You want to try and change Dave McKay, a 67 year old conman who has been hustling and bustling all his days?

I've heard it all now. Away and have a lie down Adrian.

Attitudes like this are exactly the reason as to why DM keeps getting away with everything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: April 05, 2012 01:33PM

Yea Zeuszor,
I know it sounds strange but the man obviously is so blinded by the light that someone needs to help him turn from his wicked ways. He is still a living soul! I know it seems that short of a miracle he will never change. It's always that possibility for change.

Date: April 05, 2012 04:22PM

I have to sympathize with Adrians' intentions (a reflection on the good will within himself, I would think)...that McKay might be yet brought to "repentance"...even where this is "wishful thinking" it is "wishful thinking" that I would credit Adrian for being able to hold...

I have to admit, that I have lost the capacity for "wishful thinking" with McKay....perhaps to my detriment.

....once David felt sufficiently "threatened" (say his life's work, the cult he has created...fell apart before his very eyes or he were he to be threatened with the laying of criminal charges and jail time), it's quite plausible, to my mind, that "nice, sweet David" would suddenly appear.....appear that is, until he had managed to reinvent what he might have felt that he had lost with new recruits or had lied himself out of the threat of any proceedings against him....then he would just return to type!

Was there ever a theoretical time in the past at some point, when McKay might have been "saved" from himself....I'd have thought it would had to have been in his teens or early twenties at the latest....

There was once a "David McKay" that I liked and respected and admired as an individual.....some 30 years ago now! (Probably at that stage, "too late" to have been able to prevent him travelling down the paths that he had begun to select for himslef.....but early enough for there yet to have been some "humanity" still, in the man...)

He is in Kenya "rallying the troops".....? A general mutiny would be in order...

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:42PM

Adrian:

It would probably be more productive and meaningful to focus on McKay's victims.

McKay seems like a deeply disturbed individual.

Perhaps you can pray for him, but don't expect a miracle.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 05, 2012 11:06PM

"Pray for the dead. Fight like hell for the living"

Mother Jones American labor organizer.

[www.google.com]

Relevant here, as so very many cult subjects give unpaid or underpaid labor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: April 06, 2012 02:03AM

Adrian,

Do you believe the Jesus Christians are a destructive and dangerous cult?

Date: April 08, 2012 01:18AM

Yes, of course I believe the followers of Dave McKay are in a dangerous destructive group! Why would you ask such a ridiculous question?

Date: April 08, 2012 03:07AM

Adrian
Yes, of course I believe the followers of Dave McKay are in a dangerous destructive group! Why would you ask such a ridiculous question?

No, the followers of Dave McKay are a dangerous and destructive group. Make no mistake.

You may say that I sound so authoritative, Adrian, but I say that you sound naive (with respect).

Trying to empathize with Dave McKay is one of the very worst things that one could do, in my opinion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2012 03:26AM by zeuszor.

Date: April 08, 2012 04:55AM

Anyway, they'd probably balk at the notion that anybody would consider the JCs/Truth Believers/ whatever to be "followers" of DM in the first place.

They'd tell you that they are follwers of Jesus, of course.

Date: April 08, 2012 07:13AM

I'm not naive at all I just take a different perspective on how to change Dave McKay. Yes, he's dangerous, destructive, and a diabolical man but there's always a chance for a change.

Current Page: 96 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.