Current Page: 95 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers", "cult"
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: March 29, 2012 06:31AM

New info has reached me which suggests the JCs may still have a presence in Nairobi, Kenya.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: March 30, 2012 10:27AM

Have you learned any more information about the Kenyan JCs?

Date: March 31, 2012 04:49AM

All we know is they still have a presence in Kenya. According to sources, Dave McKay is there right now. It is believed one of their members, who has a history of child abuse, is also present.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 01, 2012 01:07AM

Consider please the "fruits" of the McKays self-seving "ministry". What good fruits do they have to show for themselves? What bad fruits do the McKays bring to the table? You will know them by thier fruits...

(Galatians 5:22-23) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

(Matthew 7:15-20) “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire..."

(John 15:1-27) “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing...

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: April 02, 2012 08:30AM

Zeuszor it's time for Dave McKay to make a change. It's time for us to think outside the box and inspire and motivate him to turn from his wicked ways. As long as he refuses to acknowledge that he is doing the works of the flesh he will continue to enslave and entrap the young and naive. What can we do to persuade him or move him into the light?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 03, 2012 10:26PM

Adrian:

There is no way that's going to happen.

You cannot get McKay to think outside of his box.

Date: April 04, 2012 01:08AM

Trying to figure out how to insipire and motivate Dave to turn from his wicked ways is like trying to figure out how to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Nothing other than a literal miracle of God can change him now.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 04, 2012 03:48AM

Yes that would be a "miracle".

Date: April 04, 2012 04:35AM

And what's more, trying to empathize iwth him is a very dangerous thing, both for the person attempting to do the empathizing and for Dave himself.

Empathy will oinly further enrage him; as he in his own mind has no faults, any attempt at empathy will only enrage him and serve to give him more mechanisms through which he can manipulate others, thereby perpetuating his toxicity.

That's what I meant by what I wrote about how you cannot rescue somebody who does not feel like they need to be rescued.

Some good-hearted but naive personal like Adrian trying to "play the rescuer" here is not helpful at all.

Actually, it only makes matters worse as (as I pointed out earlier) displays of attempts at empathy only piss Dave off more.

Date: April 04, 2012 07:15AM

''What can we do to persuade him or move him into the light?''

My goodness, surely a wind-up?

You want to try and change Dave McKay, a 67 year old conman who has been hustling and bustling all his days?

I've heard it all now. Away and have a lie down Adrian.

Current Page: 95 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.