Current Page: 92 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers", "cult"
Date: March 14, 2012 12:05AM

I agree with you Mark that McKay does not "deserve" the attention he has garnered, however the RR forum as far as I am aware is open to all and sundry.....those who have fallen victim to other cult experiences are relatively less expressive, than those who have encountered McKay....? I would encourage the former to participate more readily on the RR forum and press their case.....the Chris Butler thread has some inspiring observations in it from individuals who had the strength to walk away from that cult....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: March 14, 2012 03:06AM

Hey, check this out:

[www.truthseekers.co.za]

Could this be from the same group, popped up in New Zealand also? It seems very similar...

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: March 14, 2012 03:51AM

The name is a coincidence but I don't see too many similarities there. The forum goes right back to early 2008. I don't think it's them.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 14, 2012 04:13AM

The name of the McKay group is "Truth Believers" not "Truth Seekers".

Let's not waste time on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 04:14AM by rrmoderator.

Date: March 14, 2012 07:30PM

Private Eyes,

Just to let you know i've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Date: March 15, 2012 03:12AM

Does anybody know anything of any affliliated entities or alternate names for the "Truth Believers", or of whatever pastoral or ministerial support they may be receiving or be networking with, whether in the Unites States or abroad? They've got to be receiving various support from some person or organization outside of their group.

Date: March 15, 2012 04:06AM

zeuszor:

It's the McKay group.

So it would operate the same as the "Jesus Christians" essentially did more or less.

Date: March 15, 2012 07:03AM

[forum.culteducation.com]

[www.chamberofcommerce.com]

In the LA area, they have been known to frequent a ministry called "Gates of Praise" (it is in Carson).

Date: March 15, 2012 07:11AM

zeuszor:

Let's not go chasing down rabbit holes.

The "Truth Believers" have been identified as the same people previously known as "Jesus Christians" passing out literature under a new group name in Ireland.

There is no need to speculate about other ministries, unless McKay-ites have been seen passing out their literature.

Let's stay focused.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 07:13AM by rrmoderator.

Date: March 15, 2012 09:19PM

I've recently received the following emails from the ''Melbourne Weasel'':

Date:Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:11

For your eyes only. For me to get the best information, keep your mouth fucking shut,about who gave you this info.

There seems to be 2 break away groups. The Truth Believers are operating and organised in europe and united kingdom. No concrete evidence on who is a member,but they have pastoral support in the U.s.a, ireland and germany.

the 2nd group are calling themselves the Choosen, some have reverted to wearing robes like the J.c did in the 80s.

They have built up a new network of supporters in the U.S, mainly from another religious commune that merged. It appears Grace has been wooed back and has brought a single mum by the name of Trudie and baby daughter.
a new member named Jafar some hippy dude is co leader,and his brother Luke. and some korean girl named Tai San.
The twins are apart of this group and so is Jesse.
They dont have a website but they are on the west coast and texas

jeremy thinks that angelika and i and my friends margaret,emanunel and brad,will be supporting an australian launch.

Date:Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:39

i got the info today.i spoke to them for like an hr and a half

Date:Wed, 14 Mar 2012 1:53

I left my number,and someone called.

an americian,said it was jeremy.

i didnt ask bout ross.

dave's dictates are not as strong as they were, as they are annoyed that he told them to expel a female member named Selene, as she is bulimic, and was accused of wasting food

Date:Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:46

Im not sure of an exact location. but i feel it is l.a,nevada or texas, squatting in an abandoned church

Date:Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:10

my gf and a friend named debbie mitchell, who lives in queensland,was thinking of joining the jc,but lack of female friends stopped her,but now she is heading to the states.

She has been approved to be a choosen. she told me,people may want to join,but gone is the offer after trial week.
she was selected,and thats just to attempt the trial week. they have gotten selective.

i was told today my gf is eligible,but i will never be

Current Page: 92 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.