Current Page: 35 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 23, 2011 02:20PM

'While we are trying to develop a greater appreciation for supporters and ex-members.... '

This snippet seems to be McKay-speak for "denigrate and silence our vocal critics who have personally experienced, to their detriment, our parental guidance and 'godly' values......."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 02:20PM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 23, 2011 03:16PM

'That's exactly the reason why I am asking Apollo to quit going on about her quite so much, Stoic. It's because I am trying to avoid her like the plague.'

My last word on the Sisi debate; If you are trying to avoid her like the plague then it is incumbent on you alone to do the avoiding--it is not going to be accomplished by throwing a wobbler every time her name is mentioned, or by wishful thinking regarding the shutting down of every other forum that she frequents or the hope that every other poster here can be persuaded into never discussing her.

That sounds cultish and controlling to me and is, in fact, how the process of communal denial begins.

You are expecting Apollo, Malcolm and me to do the personal work that is required in order for you to avoid Sisi like the plague.
That's your job, not ours.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 03:21PM by Stoic.

Date: August 23, 2011 03:45PM

BTW, Glenn, I completely agree with your assessment that I am a nasty harpy who is cold and calculating.

[en.wikipedia.org]

However, those potentialities in my personality do not exclusively define my character, just as I hope that your currently being as thick as one plank does not exclusively define your future prospects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 03:58PM by Stoic.

Date: August 23, 2011 04:00PM

I'm sorry to continue beating an old drum....but don't those images of sneering Saif Gadaffi, with a forced smile, forever fixed on his visage, while he crows about the rebels "trapped" in Tripoli and the "victory" he will shortly oversee, over his dastardly enemies....remind you at all of a little of a slightly younger McKay?

[www.guardian.co.uk]

I still think that pathological lying and the dementia of a fixation upon oneself....must someone cause the same muscular tension that results in a growing similarity of facial expression.....(here, I reference the theory that purportedly underlies "Palmistry" and to some extent reflexology....our unconscious thoughts, physically refelcted in the involuntary movements of our nervous systems (concentrated in the extermities of our limbs...i.e. our hands and feet)

McKay, Rael, Saif....I see the faces of any of them and I'm reminded of the others....!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 04:01PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: August 23, 2011 04:03PM

Cold, calculating harpies?......this poor old world needs desperately needs more of them!

Date: August 23, 2011 05:44PM

Take heart, he is posturing as much for himself as for his audience:

[www.guardian.co.uk]

"We turned up the pressure on the regime, and it was stretched so thin the whole thing became untenable," a western diplomat said on Monday

The rebels adapted and learned. They realised that their reckless advances without consolidating their positions weren't working. They began to move methodically, and took orders, waiting for Nato soften up the defences before moving in."

Evidence of greater discipline and better co-ordination with Nato air strikes was apparent on every front. Rebel commanders were told not to stray over "red lines" marked out by Nato liaison officers as "free fire zones".

Responding to reports that intelligence was being supplied by Twitter, Wing Commander Mike Bracken, a Nato spokesman, said: "Any military campaign relies on something that we call 'fused information'.
So we will take information from every source we can … We'll get information from open source on the internet, we'll get Twitter, you name any source of media and our fusion centre will deliver all of that into useable intelligence".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 05:54PM by Stoic.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 23, 2011 07:52PM

Stoic
'That's exactly the reason why I am asking Apollo to quit going on about her quite so much, Stoic. It's because I am trying to avoid her like the plague.'

My last word on the Sisi debate; If you are trying to avoid her like the plague then it is incumbent on you alone to do the avoiding--it is not going to be accomplished by throwing a wobbler every time her name is mentioned, or by wishful thinking regarding the shutting down of every other forum that she frequents or the hope that every other poster here can be persuaded into never discussing her.

That sounds cultish and controlling to me and is, in fact, how the process of communal denial begins.

You are expecting Apollo, Malcolm and me to do the personal work that is required in order for you to avoid Sisi like the plague.
That's your job, not ours.

OK, I see your point. I panicked and was reacting impetuously when her name popped up again. Begging your pardon.

That's why I came out with the fact of the chats and my back-channel sharing of information with Nick and Mal. I'm not scared of that wench. If she wants to play ball, then I'll let the whole world read those chats.

I also know that I have advocates in you three, Stoic, Mal and Apollo, and that we have each other's backs here. You three have an advocate in me as well.

"Cultish and controlling" huh? Exactly what I think of how Nick runs the XJC show. Remember the time he banned the word "troll" from his forum? Or how about helping to cover up for Dave's kid? How's that for cultish and controlling?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 07:57PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 23, 2011 08:43PM

Stoic
BTW, Glenn, I completely agree with your assessment that I am a nasty harpy who is cold and calculating.

[en.wikipedia.org]

However, those potentialities in my personality do not exclusively define my character, just as I hope that your currently being as thick as one plank does not exclusively define your future prospects.

Classic! LOL

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 23, 2011 09:17PM

Apollo
Stoic

[en.wikipedia.org]

Classic! LOL

This Glenn has the mental capacity of an eight-year-old. He is to be pitied, not ridiculed.

Why Nick gives him a platform from which to be such an ass, I have no idea. But I think it comes down to simple spite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 09:18PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 23, 2011 09:28PM

Let's just leave Nick to get on with it. Who posts on his forum really shouldn't effect us in the slightest.

Current Page: 35 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.