Current Page: 40 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:34AM

Apollo
God bless that emu! (I hope it's ok)

What emu? I don't get it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:47AM

zeuszor:

Please do not discuss or post about personal issues on this message board, e.g. your personal problems with another member or past member of this message board.

It is not on topic and not appreciated.

The topic of this thread is Dave McKay and his so-called "Jesus Christians" group.

Please stay on topic.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 26, 2011 01:24AM

zeuszor
Apollo
God bless that emu! (I hope it's ok)

What emu? I don't get it.

[jesuschristians.com]

Dave
trivia update 25/08/2011 10:01
Just a little update for anyone who is interested is that six weeks ago, I dove over top of a very big LPG cylinder which was about to come crashing down on my foot, and landed on my hand instead, breaking my wrist. I get the cast off tomorrow.

But then two weeks ago, Cherry was up getting something in the bus when I braked heavily for an emu which ran out into the road at the last moment, and Cherry crashed very heavily on the steps between the living area and the driving area. She felt like she had broken her right arm (plus a few other bad bruises to her neck and shoulder). She went to two doctors who insisted that it was okay, but on the third attempt (today) they x-rayed and found that the radius was broken through. So for this one day we have almost identical blue fibreglass casts on our right arms. That raised a lot of eyebrows in the hospital fracture clinic! lol

It seems so strange that we have hardly ever broken any bones in our lives (apart from three ribs for Cherry earlier this years, and a few ribs for me almost fifteen years ago), and suddenly we break the same bone within a few weeks of each other in entirely different incidents.

Gee, it's going to be good to get the cast off tomorrow, but now I have to wait on Cherry for the next few weeks! :)
Dave

JC Member

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 26, 2011 01:36AM

The broken wrist may explain why he's been so quiet lately.

I would tend to believe him when he says they're travelling around in a bus. Though I must say, aren't those things expensive? The dvd's must be bringing in the pennies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 01:59AM by Apollo.

Date: August 26, 2011 01:51AM

Personally, I never take it for granted that David is telling the truth about anything.

Date: August 26, 2011 02:01AM

rrmoderator
zeuszor:

Please do not discuss or post about personal issues on this message board, e.g. your personal problems with another member or past member of this message board.

It is not on topic and not appreciated.

The topic of this thread is Dave McKay and his so-called "Jesus Christians" group.

Please stay on topic.

With respect, they don't mind posting all about me on their side of the tracks, so I feel entitled to respond to it.

After all, I cannot answer to their accusations on their territory, as I was kicked out of the clique. So I respond using the only means I have at my disposal, that is, here.

I do not feel like I have to walk on eggshells for anybody and especially hate it when somebody tells me what I am and am not allowed to say. To me, that's the same as telling me what I am and am not allowed to think, and I will not stand for that, period.

But in any case: OK, I'll lay off and cut it out with my bone-chewing. Nobody wants to work things out between the two factions (RR vs XJC) more than I do, believe it or not.

And believe it or not, I am probably one of the most honest people involved here, and not one of the least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 02:03AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 26, 2011 03:30AM

'Though I must say, aren't those things expensive? '

They run them on used cooking oil I believe, although even that requires a garage or lock-up for storage and topping up. I think the stuff has to be minimally processed in some way before use also, so unless Dave is forking out for five star, he must be restricted to driving in a quite restricted area around a static base.

I believe that once the campervan has been converted to run on cooking oil it cannot then be easily fuelled by petrol or diesel if the cooking oil runs out.

God Bless that emu from me too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 03:33AM by Stoic.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 26, 2011 03:45AM

One of the strange contradictions that I noticed on the Wife-Swap programme was that Sue produced £2.50 for the weekly household budget and was so obnoxiously pennypinching and moralising about it to the other family---but at the end of the programme was able to buy a new lap-top for Daniel and upgrade their campervan to a more luxurious model so that Daniel could cease to be embarrassed about inviting school-friends home.

I'm not decrying the expenditure for Daniel's social benefit--poor kid needs every help if he's to fit in with his peers-- but the fact that they had such a ready stash of cash when needed rather undermined all that pious posturing about giving up all and embracing poverty as the way to live a godly life.
How do you surrender all but still keep £15,000-£20,000 readies on hand for a quick upgrade?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 03:48AM by Stoic.

Date: August 26, 2011 05:14AM

Stoic

They run them on used cooking oil I believe, although even that requires a garage or lock-up for storage and topping up. I think the stuff has to be minimally processed in some way before use also, so unless Dave is forking out for five star, he must be restricted to driving in a quite restricted area around a static base.

I believe that once the campervan has been converted to run on cooking oil it cannot then be easily fuelled by petrol or diesel if the cooking oil runs out.

God Bless that emu from me too!

They are ostensibly running their vehicles on biodiesel fuel, using traditional engines converted in order to accommodate biodiesel. The cooking oil has to be converted into a usable form in order to run an internal-combustion engine on it. It's not like they just pour the grease right into the ol' petrol tank and then take off.

[www.biodiesel.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 05:43AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 26, 2011 05:45AM

Biodiesel production:

[www.biodiesel.org]

Current Page: 40 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.