Current Page: 36 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 23, 2011 10:04PM

This Glenn has the mental capacity of an eight-year-old.

Somehow I doubt this.
He would not be accepted, even as an army reservist, were this the case.
The capacity is there, it is just not being put to best use right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 23, 2011 10:17PM

I would have to agree. I've had email communication with him. Although his language can be quite vile and immature at times, I don't think he has the mental capacity of an eight year old. He does have intelligence but he's also childish, emotionally needy, probably dyslexic, lacks common sense and is extremely gullible. That's probably why he's so easily influenced by all these nutjobs groups.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 10:33PM by Apollo.

Date: August 23, 2011 10:49PM

I also, am a little hesitant to simply "lambast" Glenn these days.....I joined the JC's after all and Glenn didn't....the facts are that I was completely duped by Mckay(to the point that I threw my lot in with them) and Glenn to date, hasn't been....even where I may disagree with his "take" on McKay, he has had the foresight/intuition NOT to become involved with them, to the point that McKay was then able to exploit him..... a perception that gullible I, once clearly lacked.....

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 23, 2011 11:09PM

Glenn apparently has previous experience with Co$ and some other cultish group, which would, I think, make him a bit wary of readily joining McKay's dog and pony show--though he is clearly tempted.

The only good thing about experience is that it makes you more wary next time--or at least it should do.

McKay doesn't target the young, idealistic college kid/major life change demographic for nothing.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 23, 2011 11:30PM

Hey, I nearly joined the JCs, too, until I actually mt them in person.

Glenn does what he does for kicks and giggles, for his own amusement, like it's all a big game to him.

Grow up, Glenn.

Date: August 23, 2011 11:32PM

You've got to give him credit for rejecting the Apostle's advances. It must have been an onslaught at times. The Apostle would have thrown everything in the book (literally) at him. You'll notice Dave's often spiteful and bitchy towards Glenn. I'm sure he sees him as the one that got away.

Date: August 23, 2011 11:33PM

I don't have to give him credit for anything. He's a bullying troll who talks a lot of shit just for fun.

Date: August 24, 2011 01:02AM

Stoic
This Glenn has the mental capacity of an eight-year-old.

Somehow I doubt this.
He would not be accepted, even as an army reservist, were this the case.
The capacity is there, it is just not being put to best use right now.

Apollo
I would have to agree. I've had email communication with him. Although his language can be quite vile and immature at times, I don't think he has the mental capacity of an eight year old. He does have intelligence but he's also childish, emotionally needy, probably dyslexic, lacks common sense and is extremely gullible. That's probably why he's so easily influenced by all these nutjobs groups.

Allow me to restate my point. Glenn and I have spoken by phone as well and he always (to my perception) presented as a reasonably intelligent and articulate guy. I never meant to imply that I think Glenn stupid. Maybe not the sharpest tack in the box, but not an unintellignet person.

What I meant, to put a finer point on it, is that he is extremely immature and is a depressive loner type who spends most of his time online playing his own version of Second Life, simply for the sake of his own amusement. In other words, his is and was simply an internet troll.

In my opinion, Nick foolish for pandering to the likes of him, in givng him a platform from which to be such an obnoxious jerk.

That's what makes their forum a farce in my eyes. Where's the therapuetic value in that? What kind of supportive environment is that? What a joke!

It doesn't make you a better Christian than me, Nick, it makes you somebody who is willing to be manilulated because it makes you feel all pious inside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 01:04AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 24, 2011 05:09AM

I think i've been a bit harsh towards Glenn at times. Most of his trolling happened years ago. There's really no point in digging up dirt from the past. He's definitely shown signs that he's woken up to Dave. Quite often he's critical of the Apostle now.

Date: August 24, 2011 06:37AM

You are entitled to your opinion. Maybe he is more critical of David now, but he's still a pugnacious, irascible, bullying internet troll.

Current Page: 36 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.