Current Page: 26 of 35
Alcholics Anonymous should be regarded as a cult.
Posted by: andychee ()
Date: August 30, 2006 01:05AM

My dad went to AA and he took us there but we quit because they talked about sex and being criminals and nasty stuff all the time and he didn't want us to get ideas.
Thats why we started going to church when I was a kid.
Then I got drunk and got a dui so the judge said I had to go.
I went for a month but it was the same as ever with every body talking about God but still bragging about all the nasty stuff the did and all the people they slept with.
This one guy at a speaker meeting said about how he used to send his girl friend out to have sex with men for money.
There were kids there!
It wasnt right because AA is suposed to be about God, not what a big shot you are. Were nopt supposed to drink in my religion anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Yteep ()
Date: August 30, 2006 09:37AM

One of the earlier threads, an author brought up the secular anti-cult revolt. I did some researching and I found that the passage quoted was taken from "The Urantia Book", a book for humans supposedly channeled from aliens!

When I had first became aware of this subject, I thought that there were normal people who seriously believe secularism is a threat, but now I see that it's just the invention of another wacko religious group.

Check out "The Urantia Book -- Part IV. The Life And Teachings Of
Jesus" at [www.theoquest.com]

The Urantia Book Forward
In the minds of the mortals of Urantia -- that being the name of your world -- there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.

Posted by: Colter ()
Date: August 30, 2006 09:07PM

Yteep
One of the earlier threads, an author brought up the secular anti-cult revolt. I did some researching and I found that the passage quoted was taken from "The Urantia Book", a book for humans supposedly channeled from aliens!

When I had first became aware of this subject, I thought that there were normal people who seriously believe secularism is a threat, but now I see that it's just the invention of another wacko religious group.

Check out "The Urantia Book -- Part IV. The Life And Teachings Of
Jesus" at [www.theoquest.com]

The Urantia Book Forward
In the minds of the mortals of Urantia -- that being the name of your world -- there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.

Yteep,

They're not aliens anymore now that we know who they are. :wink:

As for "alien visitation", see the three celestial beings who visited Abraham after he made the covenant with the Lord. That's right out of "main stream" religion, (in the bible) :shock:

I'm blessed with an open mind and have grown somewhat accustomed to insults such as your characterization of "wako religion".

The Urantia Book has no monopoly on the concept of secularism, besides, my clip had to do with secular[i:6af2c5a6b2] totalitarianism[/i:6af2c5a6b2] and the battle against AA by those who are not content with their faith in the doctrines of doubt but have set out to attack those who by such faith have found sobriety.

Colter

Date: August 31, 2006 01:54AM

I quit drinking by faith but not in AA, and my church does'nt beleive in aliens ether.
In AA they attack you if you don't beleive on God, and if you do they say you're wrong about God.
I'll stick with the real Jesus, not some alien from another planet, thank you very much.

Date: August 31, 2006 03:26AM

andychee
I quit drinking by faith but not in AA, and my church does'nt beleive in aliens ether.
In AA they attack you if you don't beleive on God, and if you do they say you're wrong about God.
I'll stick with the real Jesus, not some alien from another planet, thank you very much.

I'm happy for you andychee. Stick close to him and perform his work well. He will not forsake you. :D

Colter

Posted by: James G ()
Date: August 31, 2006 09:20AM

In order to determine whether an organisation is a cult or a so-called support group, one of the most important things to consider are the barriers to exit. AA sells itself as a fellowship of men and women that help each other stay sober but that is not strictly true. Only one of the steps mentions alcohol, however 6 of them mention or refer to God. AA tells us that this can be a God of our understanding, but regardless of what you may call your Higher Power, it is irrelevant because essentially what matters is that your Higher Power tells you to go to AA and do the Steps. AA won’t tell you what your Higher Power must be but it will make sure it tells you what your Higher Power wants. Once you accept that you are powerless in Step One, and you have handed your will and your life over to the care of God in Step Three, free will no longer exists. You cannot graduate from AA – in step 10 you are told you have to repeat the Steps 1 – 9 daily, and in Step 12 you are told to carry the message, or recruit more members to AA. AA is a rehash of the Oxford Group, which believed the individual was powerless full stop. Its leader, Frank Buchman, wanted to see a fascist dictator running the world in the way he believed God saw fit. AA also holds its co-founder, Bill Wilson, as an infallible guru, which would be in keeping with the vast majority of cults. (It is also interesting to note that Scientology also has its own ‘recovery’ program called Narconon.)

If AA did not instil the belief in newcomers that it has the only solution to the problem of alcoholism or addiction, then that would go someway to dispel these concerns. However, due to its Traditions, change cannot happen and the program is seen as flawless which is backed up by the slogan, ‘The program knows everything, you know nothing.’ Going back to the barriers to exit point, if AA tells people it is the only way and you have to go to meetings and work the steps for the rest of your life, where is the choice? In the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions Bill Wilson even goes so far as to say:

“Unless each A.A. member follows to the best of his ability our suggested Twelve Steps to recovery, he almost certainly signs his own death warrant. His drunkenness and dissolution are not penalties inflicted by people in authority; they result from his personal disobedience to spiritual principles.” (Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, Bill Wilson, page 174.)

I think that speaks for itself – do it our way or die… may as well put a gun to someone’s head. Anyone who goes to AA will either go there, or be sent there, to deal with their drinking problems, but they will soon find themselves embroiled in a program of conversion designed to get the newcomer to believe in Bill Wilson’s and Frank Buchman’s way of life.

Kind regards,

J a m e s G
Founder of Blamedenial.co.uk

Date: September 01, 2006 02:19AM

James G
In order to determine whether an organisation is a cult or a so-called support group, one of the most important things to consider are the barriers to exit. AA sells itself as a fellowship of men and women that help each other stay sober but that is not strictly true. Only one of the steps mentions alcohol, however 6 of them mention or refer to God. AA tells us that this can be a God of our understanding, but regardless of what you may call your Higher Power, it is irrelevant because essentially what matters is that your Higher Power tells you to go to AA and do the Steps. AA won’t tell you what your Higher Power must be but it will make sure it tells you what your Higher Power wants. Once you accept that you are powerless in Step One, and you have handed your will and your life over to the care of God in Step Three, free will no longer exists. You cannot graduate from AA – in step 10 you are told you have to repeat the Steps 1 – 9 daily, and in Step 12 you are told to carry the message, or recruit more members to AA. AA is a rehash of the Oxford Group, which believed the individual was powerless full stop. Its leader, Frank Buchman, wanted to see a fascist dictator running the world in the way he believed God saw fit. AA also holds its co-founder, Bill Wilson, as an infallible guru, which would be in keeping with the vast majority of cults. (It is also interesting to note that Scientology also has its own ‘recovery’ program called Narconon.)

If AA did not instil the belief in newcomers that it has the only solution to the problem of alcoholism or addiction, then that would go someway to dispel these concerns. However, due to its Traditions, change cannot happen and the program is seen as flawless which is backed up by the slogan, ‘The program knows everything, you know nothing.’ Going back to the barriers to exit point, if AA tells people it is the only way and you have to go to meetings and work the steps for the rest of your life, where is the choice? [i:82c3ef745c]In the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions [/i:82c3ef745c]Bill Wilson even goes so far as to say:

[i:82c3ef745c]“Unless each A.A. member follows to the best of his ability our suggested Twelve Steps to recovery, he almost certainly signs his own death warrant. His drunkenness and dissolution are not penalties inflicted by people in authority; they result from his personal disobedience to spiritual principles.”[/i:82c3ef745c] (Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, Bill Wilson, page 174.)

I think that speaks for itself – do it our way or die… may as well put a gun to someone’s head. Anyone who goes to AA will either go there, or be sent there, to deal with their drinking problems, but they will soon find themselves embroiled in a program of conversion designed to get the newcomer to believe in Bill Wilson’s and Frank Buchman’s way of life.

Kind regards,

J a m e s G
Founder of Blamedenial.co.uk

The Master told us all long ago, "they hated me and they will hate you also".

Colter

Date: September 01, 2006 02:37AM

"they hated me and they will hate you also"???

That's totally nuts!
Who are you saying hates Jesus?
I don't like AA and I love Jesus.
Now youre saying that "whoever hates me hates you"?
Aren't you the Urantia guy who reads about what ET says what Jesus really meant by what he said?
I think who ever tries to twist what Jesus said hates Jesus.
My church doesn't say you'll die if you don't gpo to church, but AA says that you'll die if you don't go to AA, and thats a bunch of crapola!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 01, 2006 02:56AM

Please no preaching.

Date: September 01, 2006 04:28AM

Where is my friend Barbara? :cry:

Colter

Current Page: 26 of 35

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.