Date: October 11, 2009 05:35PM

why dont you suggest those ways. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jack Hickman
Date: October 11, 2009 05:49PM

why are you so afraid?

what are you afraid of?

who are you afraid of?

why would asking for some Truth be untrustworthy and undeserving?

let's have a FREE and OPEN sharing of information in the name of establishing the facts?

i for one have nothing to hide. :-)

Posted by: Fallen 49r ()
Date: October 11, 2009 11:46PM

We don't know you. We don't trust you. You're a complete stranger to us, who was involved in something very different, on LI, decades ago. This is a completely different animal, consisting of people who are now actually related to one another and have grown up together.

Free and open sharing of information? About people you don't know? About people's personal whereabouts?

I just find your posts annoying and out of place, especially the triple posts. You ask huge lists of questions, like a detective, never providing discussion of any worth. I simply don't see how telling you things about people's personal lives is going to improve the situation at all...

Posted by: My Good Name ()
Date: October 12, 2009 12:16AM

beyondeverythingnow

let's have a FREE and OPEN sharing of information in the name of establishing the facts?

i for one have nothing to hide. :-)

You have nothing to hide because you have nothing to lose. You were already kicked out of the cult, despite your claims otherwise. That is why none the cult members will talk to you. Invest in something that will heal you, rather than attacking others.

You have no family or friends you might lose because of allowing your name to be known. You do not fear being physically hurt by sharing your name. SOME OF US DO! These people are our next door neighbors or we live with other cult members who have yet to begin to think for themselves. I know of husbands that might beat there wives, kick there kid out of there home, or divorce there partner for not believing or POSTING ON THIS SITE. God only knows why you insist on knowing our names, unless you plan on trying to use us to get yourself back in the cult.

If you want to know what people are afraid of, read there previous posts. Please stop harrassing the children of those people you knew in the past and will not talk to you now.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 12, 2009 08:43AM

beyondeverythingnow has been banned from the message board.

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: October 17, 2009 04:19AM

Gary Coons does not believe what he teaches. Gary knows he is scamming. Gary is profiting financially through the group and he enjoys the power.
There are violent acts commited in this group but they are acts committed against young children and it is the psyche and sexual boundaries that are violated. Violence against the psyche and sexual boundaries of a child are hard to detect and even harder to prove and prosecute.
As in all cults, the children learn to accept these acts as normal. They buy into the idea that the laws of the government of the USA which prohibit such things are bad laws and that....prosocuting the adults would actually be ''persecution''.
Any pro-family members on the board?
I welcome a debate.

Posted by: resu ()
Date: October 17, 2009 06:59AM

rrmoderator
beyondeverythingnow has been banned from the message board.

*Thumbs up* Banning him was a long time coming.
Anyway...

Sallie, you make some very powerful accusations in your last post, but you don't qualify them with anything.
Fallen 49r has said they spoke to Gary and still isn't quite sure what he might, or might not believe.

PequaGirl asked a few posts back, what the harm could be in following Gary if he really is true in getting
away from doomsday prophesy, and outrageous scientific claims. What's the harm in following him if all
he really wants to do is be closer to, and develop his relationship with God?

My answer lies with Jack Hickman himself. Here was a man, ordained Lutheran minister, who went
completely off the reservation. And that's all it takes. Just one moment where Gary
(or even HIS successor, someday) says "Ok, this is what we're gonna do instead," and the whole cycle
could repeat itself.

We can sit and debate the merits (or detriments) of organized religion all day, and it probably is a
discussion for another day. Still...without an organized religion; a hierarchy of priests, rabbis, bishops, etc.
checks and balances, that not only ensure consistancy in the message across all churches, but also ensure
the safety of it's members, and protect them from outrageous belifs and controling personalities....all you
have is one man, who at any moment has the fate, and mental state, of all of his followers in his hands.

I think, even if all he wants is for all of his followers to think happy thoughts and do good deeds, draw
picture of rainbows and unicorns on the sides of buildings, that following the word of only one man, is a dangerous thing.

Date: October 17, 2009 10:32PM

Jack HIckman and the entire inner circle he surrounded himself with brazenly stated to each other that they considered themselves ''seperate''....that meant ''seperate from the laws of this country''....they know it....knew it....
and if you want the statement qualified then we run into a problem which I have run into before....
I cannot post names of victims.
But I can repeat stories.
I have done that in previous posts.
And point blank....flat out...no dispute....the ''family'' uses the word ''persecuted'' all the time.
They whine that they are a ''persecuted'' people.
They are saying this for a reason.
They deliberately disregard laws of this country and claim that the laws themselves are ''persecution''.
They violate sexual boundaries of young children.
That's a fact.
The ''family'' is built around the justifactions made by Jack 40 years ago for breakiing those rules.
They should be investigated.
Their ''mantra''...''doctrine''....''beliefs''.....are ones which help create an environment where the strong can manipulate and exploit the weak.
Anyone who is on the outside looking in best be wary. They have been ''cloaking'' themselves for 40 years or more. Anyone who belongs to them is an EXPERT IN DECEIPT. I don't use the word lying because that is to general. They mask themselves...they create personas that are false. It is deliberate. They deceive.
Period.

Posted by: pequagirl ()
Date: October 18, 2009 01:02AM

Sallie
Jack HIckman and the entire inner circle he surrounded himself with brazenly stated to each other that they considered themselves ''seperate''....that meant ''seperate from the laws of this country''....they know it....knew it....

Anyone who is on the outside looking in best be wary. They have been ''cloaking'' themselves for 40 years or more. Anyone who belongs to them is an EXPERT IN DECEIPT. I don't use the word lying because that is to general. They mask themselves...they create personas that are false. It is deliberate. They deceive.
Period.

Wow! This seems crazier than I even imagined. I am on the outside and the only reason I am looking in is that my parents are still "in". They have been there since the beginning although I am not sure if they were in the "inner" circle . They were inner enough to turn their backs on me and my kids and follow the cult. I still have a lot of pain, confusion and resentment over that. If anyone can suggest ways to heal, I am all ears. I think that reading this forum has given me some of the closure I was seeking; it is "OK" that I did not join- I no longer think I am lost or going to hell or whatever. I've had 40 years to confront my parents about this craziness but was always too afraid. Perhaps it is too late now. Even if they could be convinced that they may have made a grave mistake I think it would be too painful for them to admit now that they may have made serious decisions based on the delusions of a man. I did not know about the physical abuse- at least not from my folks. Does it still go on? Thanks to all of you who have been supportive on this forum

Date: October 18, 2009 03:45AM

My Good Name

You know Gary now? You think possibly he believes his own teachings? Please please please believe what I am posting. Gary Coons believes and teaches and preaches that ''truth is relative'' and/or any other mantra or slogan which conveys that message.
That is his ONLY TRUE belief.
Do you get it?
He ''believes'' in lying and deceiving.
Period.
It doesn't get ANY more complicated than that.
As that belief....the belief that Deceipt is good....as that belief as the fundamental basic foundatrion of his psyche....
Do the math......

Current Page: 24 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.