Current Page: 31 of 57
Re: Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: SelahSelah ()
Date: November 10, 2010 05:22AM

I'm sorry to hear that Frogla, I am not familiar with Aaron Thomas. They don't just let anyone join those studies. My first thoughts were it was one of them pretending to be Aaron taking what you've said on here (that HAS helped others more than you know) out of context to make themselves look like victims and once again make us look like the enemies. I know that sounds ridiculous, but really is it that far-fetched?

(Though I am still untrusting of this person)
With further investigation. (5 seconds ago) I believe "Aaron Thomas" is someone who posed as a female to try to expose Timothy as a false prophet of Trumpet Call of God Online.

Here is his blog [trumpetcallofgodexposed.blogspot.com]

I know this all has to be very daunting. Don't let what anyone says bother you, don't give up on working on your marriage either. I will pray for you. It is sad that the family members have to suffer at the expense of people attempting to expose Letters From God And His Christ, but maybe it will help others see the truth including your families. I know this board is full of former members as well as family members of those still involved whether they post here or not. Every little bit made aware counts. Please do not feel bad for exposing these letters. That being said, I know it is hard not to feel bad when you feel like you're betraying your trumpeter. But you are not betraying your husband. Do not feel guilty. And please do not be intimidated. Or feel ashamed. You are unveiling the trumpet. And with that will bring great freedom for those being oppressed, both members and family, as well as those soon to come. With what you already know, have peace knowing you are breaking the chains for others. I feel so much sorrow for those still involved because I fear all their hopes that they put in Timothy and these letters will come crashing down. These letters need to be exposed before someone seriously hurts themselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frogla ()
Date: November 10, 2010 11:20PM

OK. Trent & I spoke about what James said in their study so that's cleared up. But what I cannot understand is why he used our comments on his blog without asking us. That feels like a violation.

Anyway, I wanna be speak the truth in love on this site. I was @ one time very sarcastic critical and angry. I've laid all of that down. It wasn't doing me or Trent any good. I'm all for exposing lies but by the leading of the Holy Spirit in love.

I'm sorry that I've been a contributor in the negative tone on this site and have brought ppl down instead of building them up.

Thank you Saleh for your prayers and encouragement.

LLG your inbox if full.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: November 10, 2010 11:45PM

philly, I can see why you asked me if I am this person who started this website:

[trumpetcallofgodexposed.blogspot.com]

After reading through this new site I can see that many of my direct quotes and quotes of other posters here are posted by the site moderator/owner over there. A good example of cut and pasting.

Personally, I have no problems with them doing so if my comments can help bolster their warning calls about this group and reach an even still wider audience.

The more voices out there warning of the blantant sacreligious nature of Speed Rathbun's "holy dreams" from "god" (small "g"), the better.

How many of Timothy's "NEW true revelations from god" that contradict the Bible and fail to come true will his followers need to be hit over the head with until the awaken from their stupor?

Pray for the followers of the False Prophet Timothy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 11:54PM by Sparky.

Date: November 11, 2010 10:31AM

LLG your inbox if full!

Posted by: LLG ()
Date: November 12, 2010 01:34AM

I saved and deleted my messages so should be good now, sorry bout that. :)

Date: November 12, 2010 03:25AM

thnx LLG! :)

Posted by: Readthebook ()
Date: November 19, 2010 01:47PM

I've taken some time to read over comments on this board going back to early 2009. The only time I see any genuine effort to discuss FACTS is when the Moderator posed a question regarding what are your issues with the letters. And, frankly there was NEVER a rational response. Instead there seems to be two years worth of angry comments directed against the gentleman who says he is GOD's prophet [...] This is not a personal attack, but I am simply stating the facts as I read them in again TWO YEARS of history on this site.

Also for the record, whenever someone post a comment against your stated views of HATE the Trumpet Letters, members of this site accuse them of being a member of the Trumpet CAll of GOD infiltrating this site. Well I am not a member and just learned about them 1 to 2 months ago. I don't know any one involed with or related to the organization. I found their site and read the letters...not all, but about 75% of them and that's a lot.

My question for all you that support calling this group a cult is have any of you actually read the Bible and compared it with the Trumpet Call of GOD letters?

I make the following points to address some of the erroneous arguments raised on this site regarding Bible doctrine and the Trumpet Call of GOD letters:

1. As for the argument (or rant) about the group being an End Time ministry....is that not the whole point of Christianity? JESUS' entire ministry was to prepare us for THE END...correcting the sin introduced in the Garden of Eden. Why would an End Time focused ministry be a cause for concern for a Christian???? For the unbeliever, everything we talk about makes no sense and is foolishness to them. But for the Christian...we better be End Time Focused... Jesus' life, death and resurrection pointed to deliverance from a fiery END and with His resurrection, we now have HOPE to enter the END TIMES. (I'm trusting you already know the scriptures around this point...I won't insult you by adding them here)

2. Keeping the laws of GOD, I have never understood the argument against obeying GOD. If we say we love GOD the Father, GOD the Son (Jesus, who by the way was a Jew and does have a Hebrew name which is Yahshua)...then why would we NOT want to obey Him. Even if we did not HAVE to, but just wanted to because GOD has been so good to us? Why would we NOT want to obey HIM without any hope or promise of reward? If your children constantly tell you how much they love you, but never do a thing you ask of them or recommend to them...wouldn't you start to think that 'I love you so much" talk was just empty words? Didn't Yahshua JESUS Himself say in Matthew 5, that He came not to destroty the law but to fulfill...and whoever breaks one of these laws and teaches men so will be called the LEAST in the kingdom of heaven? What do you think this statement means? Or this, "if you love me keep my commandments." Doesn't it sound like Yahshua is saying that love requires action? (Reminds me alot of that non-bible phrase..."Love is an action word.") Now if you've bought into the doctrines of men or doctrines of demons...then your answer would surely be NO. Yahshua JESUS said it, but that's not what it means...right? This would be about the time the people agains the laws of GOD pull out the writings of Paul, which they DON'T UNDERSTAND, to argue against the words of Jesus. Let me save us all some time and say this, if you are interpreting Paul's writings in a way that contradicts the words of Jesus than you are misinterpreting Paul's writings. You have to interpret Paul's writings based on the FOUNDATION laid out by JESUS...as Paul says in His own words...because probably being a PROPHET of GOD...He was shown the great error man would make using his writings to essentially call Jesus a liar.

3. Pagan holidays - another erroneous reason for tearing apart the Trumpet letters is that they are against pagan holidays???? Hmmm, where do I start on this one. I hate to repeat the question, but has anybody actually researched so called holidays like Christmas, Easter and though I hate to have to even say it, Halloween? Any encyclopedia will show you the origin of all these days is pagan. And doesn't GOD tell us in the BIBLE NOT to worship HIM as the heathen worship their gods? Again, why would this be a cause to degrade this group? The fact that these are pagan holidays is so well documented there is just no way any Christian can justify it outside of they have just gotten use to the tradition and don't want to let it go. Now, enough with opinion...let me give you scripture...Jeremiah 10
1Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

They deck a tree with silver and with gold and fasten it with nails and with hammers....sounds like the same tree found every December in every mall across American and on the White House Lawn. The Bible calls it heathen and if the Trumpet letters speak agains it...I think this alone is grounds for them to reasonably do so without being accussed of being a cult.

4. Prophets - In 1 Corinthians 12:28 among dozens of other scriptures we are told that some will be prophets. We are also told in Deuteronomy 13, Matt 7 and 24, 2 Peter 2:2, 1 John 4 (among others) how to identify a false prophet. Instead of hearsay, conjecture and emotional rants...how about we use the scriptures to determine true or false prophets according to...dare I say it...God's laws, teaching and instructions.

5. End Time Prophecy of 2011 - Daniel 9:25 reads "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times."

Interpreted by Hebrew Scholars as from the date of Nov 1948 when Isreal was restored as a nation by the United Nations...three score and two weeks or 62 years later the seven weeks or seven years of tribulation would begin. 1948+62 Years = Nov 2010. So, I would say a 2011 date of the gathering of the LORD's people sounds awful close to the timeline given in Daniel. Again, based on the Prophet Daniel's prophecy The Trumpet Letters don't sound unreasonable and certainly does not support a "cult" label.

6. Which brings me to the final point...take a look at the hundreds of thousands of JEWS that have come to know that Yashua Jesus is in fact the Messiah and you have yet another Bible Propehcy fulfilled pointing to the END Time Prophecy. (which does not mean all things will END, but that JESUS will rule and reign from this earth..ending the fallen decayed life as we know it).

In conclusion, it is critically important to identify destructive cults and groups, but you can ONLY accurately do so by doing some homework. I've been around too many false teachers and prophets to name and I know first hand how this can make us bitter and emotional...but before we attempt to rake a group over the coals, let's make sure its justified.

Finally, be the Watchman, NOT the stumbling block.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 10:21PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 19, 2010 10:38PM

Readthebook:

Are you a member of the group?

Have you ever studied with and/or have you ever been associated with anyone that has studied with the Rathbun group?

You apparently want to go off topic and start a religious doctrine debate.

That's a common tactic used by "cult" members and apologists that come trolling at this message board.

Please understand that the topic of this thread is the Speed Timothy Rathbun group called "Trumpet Call of God."

Frankly, Rathbun seems to be little more than a con man running a religious scam rather than getting a regular job.

It appears that he makes about $90,000 annually from "publishing."

Not a bad profit for the "prophet."

For those not interested in Rathbun's letters or his group, what church would you recommend as an alternative for study of the bible and for fellowship?

If "the end" has not come by say 2013 will you reject Rathbun as a false prophet?

Date: November 19, 2010 11:45PM

rrmoderator
If "the end" has not come by say 2013 will you reject Rathbun as a false prophet?

rrmoderator? why do you say by 2013? is that the new year cuz I thought it was 2012.

Posted by: agape ()
Date: November 20, 2010 07:34AM

rrmoderator
Are you a member of the group? Have you ever studied with and/or have you ever been associated with anyone that has studied with the Rathbun group?

Readthebook
Well I am not a member and just learned about them 1 to 2 months ago. I don't know any one involed with or related to the organization. I found their site and read the letters...not all, but about 75% of them and that's a lot.

rrmoderator
You apparently want to go off topic and start a religious doctrine debate.

then you totally go off topic...
rrmoderator
For those not interested in Rathbun's letters or his group, what church would you recommend as an alternative for study of the bible and for fellowship?

rrmoderator
It appears that he makes about $90,000 annually from "publishing."

Not a bad profit for the "prophet."
isn't that number for sales, not profit. The letter books are sold at cost, but I'm sure he has to declare the sales as earnings and then minus the cost, his net income might be 0. I don't know, just saying. If you have more information please offer it up.

If by 2013 there was not a rapture, then I assume many would agree that Timothy is not a prophet of God. I'm curious, rrmoderator, if the rapture does occur by 2013 will you accept Timothy as a prophet? Would you ever admit you may have made a mistake in judgment about Speed "Timothy" Rathbun and the Trumpet Call Of God? Have you always been correct about each and every group you started out as believing a cult, or has there been times after much research you have changed your opinion? Also, why do you automatically assume anyone who is for the Trumpet Call of God is a troll? Because they discuss doctrine? Well most people who are in the least interested in or against that group would talk doctrine, especially after so many comments here have accused them of false doctrine.

Current Page: 31 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.