Current Page: 26 of 57
Re: Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: frogla ()
Date: October 10, 2010 09:01AM

Sparky
The Scientologists (who are rabid atheists and believe Christians are idiots confused by brain-washing from 'Body Thetons') provided the information that Trent and the Trumpeters took and ran with.

I guess Satan deceived The Trumpet Call of God. Funny how Satan could NOT deceive Christ whom the Tumpeters and Timothy claim gives them wisdom (Epic Fail in this case, folks).

What do you mean that the Scientologists provided the information that Trent......?

I wished they could see that they've been deceived especially Trent but it's really in God's hands. I trust that God will complete His work in Trent so we'll see how that plays out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: October 10, 2010 09:23AM

The exact information that Trent posted online was the exact information that Scientology used to try to discredit Rick Ross. It was shown to be false in court by Ross.

I doubt that Scientology HANDED Trumpeters the information, but they most likely found it online. It is false. They were deceived.

Scientology is satanic. Therefore, the Trumpeters were deceived by Satan.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 09:27AM by Sparky.

Posted by: LLG ()
Date: October 10, 2010 10:06PM

LLG
I want Trent and everyone else in that cult to seek the Truth even if it hurts, to follow the Lord and escape the clutches of evil

I just read this, this morning. It illustrates what I was trying to say before and is something Jesus said in Luke 11: 35;

Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness.

I agree frogla, it is in God's hands and all we need to do is trust Him to work it out. He is very capable and we just need to be available to be used by Him in His plans.

Blessings sister,
LLG

Date: October 10, 2010 10:35PM

LLG! Awesome quote! Can you tell me how you got into this cult. What drew you to them? Do you practice the Sabbath or feasts? Who recruited you? What were you looking for?

Posted by: philly ()
Date: October 11, 2010 09:14AM

So this 'letter' Trent posted on his site was some 196 pages long, is that right? If so, ignore my earlier comment - I don't have the time or inclination to read this!

Date: October 11, 2010 08:01PM

frogla,

The first exposure I got to this cult was through a video on youtube. I watched the video and was intrigued, so I went to the site and began to read the letters. At first I wasn't 100% convinced but was curious ("what if this guy really is a prophet? that would be awesome.") I found that Timothy didn't have any personal information on the site and that intriqued me further, it seemed very humble to me that he didn't want to "toot his own horn", it was also kind of mysterious. Because he didn't want any money, that again made me think that much more that he was a prophet, it seems like something that a prophet of God would do and I couldn't see any other reason someone would do that for free. if not commanded by God. I also was getting answers that seemed to make sense with regards to some of the questions I had had prior to finding this group, like Sabbath keeping and feasts etc. I had always wondered about them but hadn't recieved answers that really satisfied me, the letters gave me those answers. I only began practicing Sabath and feasts after I joined the group (I haven't really since shortly after I left it), when I did start observing Sabbath I started having "miraculous" things happen that confirmed for me I was going in the right direction. On our first Sabbath after we prayed, I and my daughter suddenly smelled something fill our house and I was sure it was insence, it made me think of the part in the Bible that talks about the prayers of God's people being like insence and God being pleased at the aroma (something like that). Later that week I had a dream that showed me changing into a dress in a hurry and several scenes of evil spirits that I was speaking truth too making each one in turn go away, and in one of the scenes the evil spirit told me I was wearing "the pretty dress and speaking his name" and that is why they didn't like me. Because of those two events, I was convinced that the letters were from God. (Later I found out that these kind of things can happen if a person is in a "trance-like" state from a hightened emotional state or exhaustion etc.) I found the website gracehead.com and Trent through an article in Christianity today or about.com (can't remember which) and started to read some of the articles. One of the articles spoke about Timothy being like a mailman and we shouldn't worship the mailman just because he brings us the mail. I had noticed I had started to elevate Timothy and so that really hit me, and it also showed to me his humbleness even more. I responded to the article and Trent wrote back inviting me to the online study groups. I jumped at the opportunity, and from there its all history. I can't really tell you specifically what I was looking for, not sure I went out to particularly find something, the letters just connected with something deep inside so its hard to really trace back to an event or specific feeling that made me look into this, it just seemed to kind of happen, and the more entrenched I got, the more I wanted more of it.

Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: October 11, 2010 10:28PM

Trust if you must, but always, always VERIFY all info about people you think have a message for you from God. I found out years too late that my ex cult leader OLE built his ministry on a HUGE pile of lies from Wendy Duncan's research for he great Book, I Can't Hear God Anymore.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: October 11, 2010 10:33PM

Excellent resource for people who are suffering in chrisitan cults. Thanks for the reminder.

Date: October 11, 2010 11:49PM

LLG,

wow!!! the first thing that comes to mind is I did NOT want Trent to create the gracehead website @ all. I told him that I felt bad things were gonna become of it. in the beginning, the yrs 05 & 06 trent was writing and posting great stuff on gracehead in fact he had many of our friends and family enjoying his posts etc. sometime in late 06 early jan 07, a man named lyn (apparently trent has known this fella for yrs) linked trent to Timothy Rathbun's trumpetcallofgod site. trent told me that right away he wanted to refute these letters & so called prophet and blow him away. i don't know all the exact details cuz trent did NOT involve me until he read the letters and began believing them. in the process of "refuting" these letters trent, said that he came across a specific letter that spoke about trent's childhood and about stuff only God would know. i read it later and said to trent that that letter can apply to anyone it's a magic trick. he was very defensive and i knew he was gone. i was so scared. trent prolly had dreams like you had & I'm sure that (these kind of things can happen if a person is in a "trance-like" state from a hightened emotional state or exhaustion etc) this happened to trent.

before Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod came into trent's life, he was a different person (i won't get into all of that now) but ppl were drawn to him and he had many friends who enjoyed his view on God. gracehead was popular amongst our crowd. when Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod came into the picture and took over, the ppl who tried to refute timothy were most likely deleated. @ the beginning of timothy's take over, trent took more time with ppl to "try" to convince or whatever and now there's absolutely no tolerance. and i'm betting that i can trace how trent was back in the begining to now & see how the letters have changed his personality, beliefs, etc. Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod has trent in his back pocket. & trent is more than willing to do whatever "God" says thru Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod. it's all so unbelievable to me. i've never seen trent bow down to any man b/4 not until Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod.

i wish that he was were you are LLG cuz then he'd see that he's been put into a trance-like state from a heightened emotional state or exhaustion etc. How did you come across this information about the "trance-like" state?

trent said that when he met Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod, he had finally met someone who got him which scares me cuz maybe trent's a cult leader too like Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod. i hope not.

it makes me very sad to think that trent didn't want to come to me, with this trumpetcallofgod link, b/4 he opened it up. i wonder had he done that if he'd be in this cult? i wonder if your husband or philly feel the same way. i used to blame myself somewhat for his involvement in trumpetcallofgod. maybe had i been a better wife more attentive all that then he might have steered clear of this. i know he has a choice to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2010 11:55PM by frogla.

Date: October 13, 2010 01:39AM

frogla,

the first thing that comes to mind is I did NOT want Trent to create the gracehead website @ all.

...before Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod came into trent's life, he was a different person (i won't get into all of that now) but ppl were drawn to him and he had many friends who enjoyed his view on God. gracehead was popular amongst our crowd. when Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod came into the picture and took over, the ppl who tried to refute timothy were most likely deleated.

I didn't know gracehead existed prior to Trent's involvement in this, its too bad because I believe he really has a wonderful gift with teaching people. God could really use him I'm sure in teaching of Christ's gifts brought about on the cross, unfortunately though Trent got a letter telling him to stop teaching Grace vs the Law and start teaching Grace AND the Law. At the time, that made a whole lot of sense to me, but now I see that it seems to be merely saying that Christ's sacrifice isn't enough which is entirely false. I can see people being drawn to him, he is a very engaging person and those in the group are very drawn to him as well. Unfortunately, he is not allowed really to try and convince people anymore, and is supposed to just delete them because they are scoffers if they don't agree right away.

i wish that he was were you are LLG cuz then he'd see that he's been put into a trance-like state from a heightened emotional state or exhaustion etc. How did you come across this information about the "trance-like" state?

I do too, I can tell you it's hard to accept as the person that has been through the experience that it may just be a state of mind. I had a really hard time accepting this at first too, the experiences are so real you just can't imagine them being anything but. I even had one time where I saw a vision of a flying firey dove in the night sky which was formed by the orange moon behind some clouds. I was convinced it was a sign from God and it was so very real to me. I was going through a very hard time (which I saw as a trial), faced with having everything taken from me and ending up kind of like Job in the Bible. I had been fasting for a 24 hr period prior to as well as being very emotionally stressed, then I went out to speak to God and when I was sitting there in the silence I was telling the Lord that no matter what, it was all in His hands and I would go whereever he wanted me to. I felt confirmation through that "vision" that he was with me. It even had a kind of wavery appearance all around the vision, kind of like if you look at something through the heat waves coming from hot asphault in the summer. I found out in my intervention and through reading books etc afterwards that it is a phenomenon that happens when in that state of mind and it makes you very suggestable while you are in it (as though in hypnosis) and you can drift in and out of that state. You can tell if someone is in it by thier eyes, they have a very blank expression on thier face, almost like they are looking through you (pupils dialated etc.).

trent said that when he met Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod, he had finally met someone who got him which scares me cuz maybe trent's a cult leader too like Timothy Rathbun trumpetcallofgod. i hope not.

I too felt that those in the group were the only ones who "got" me, it is kind of an elite group mentality. The whole group is so focused on YahuShua and passionate about Him, that you feel the only people who really identify with you are those who are in the group (including Timothy). I'm not sure it really means he is a "cult leader" type.

it makes me very sad to think that trent didn't want to come to me, with this trumpetcallofgod link, b/4 he opened it up. i wonder had he done that if he'd be in this cult? i wonder if your husband or philly feel the same way.

You may be right, I didn't tell anyone until I had fully bought in as well. I think its something you feel you need to "figure out for yourself" because our relationship with the Lord is so personal (not to mention that in my case my husband isn't a Christian so I didn't feel he would identify anyway). You also kind of feel as you are starting into it that the rest of the "world", you arn't sure you can really trust anyway, which is amplified more and more as you read the letters.

maybe had i been a better wife more attentive all that then he might have steered clear of this. i know he has a choice to

Don't blame yourself, really people who get involved in cults are simply victims of a controlling personality. Anyone can be 'recruited' in, people from all walks of life and at all stages of thier life have fallen into this situation. It doesn't mean you weren't being a good wife.

Current Page: 26 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.