Current Page: 28 of 57
Re: Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: frogla ()
Date: October 14, 2010 03:23AM

I wished that I hadn't been such a freakout when trent first handed me "the letters" in 07. instead i was fearful, critical, emotionally crazy, judgmental and pushed him away. i see that now. i'm not gonna say whose @ more fault because we both made mistakes and we're both accountable to God. this is about me coming to realize that i've pushed trent away & i regret that. i've changed my behavior towards him lately & it hasn't been easy but with the grace of God i'm trying to grow towards a more positive and loving attitude.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: October 14, 2010 04:21AM

You were freaked out Trent's Hyper Freaky new religion. I understand that and I wouldn't spend too much time looking for blame on either side. Your new behavior toward him may let him know he has a safe place if he finally comes to his senses, which I hope and pray he will and soon.

Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: October 14, 2010 10:04AM

Frogla, you are awesome. I understand what's it like to be a "true believer" like Trent, but KNOW that you are not at fault. Marriage is sacred and there is no way that God would sanction what Timothy is telling Trent. I have to believe that God will work this all out for His good. You and Trent would be an incredible team in promoting an understanding of cultic/spiritual abuse.

Date: October 14, 2010 10:24AM

This message was received from someone who is flirting with Trumpet Call of God (edited for the sake of brevity):

“I was just reading some of the things you had to say in regards to Timothy and Trumpet Call of God. You have raised some interesting points that raise red flags. I have not attached myself to "the flock" save reading the letters. I will say that I have not seen a letter come up on TCOGO since August 19th. There were only 4 letters in August at all if I'm not mistaken. There has been a decline of letters coming from times other than these online Bible studies. I draw a delineation between them and letters in which there is no other interaction going on.

A couple of things to the pro regarding Timothy not being a "cult leader"

-He's not trying to make a name for himself in the public arena. Far as I know it's only a few people who have done the research that knows his whole name.
-He doesn't charge for the material.
-He doesn't indicate on the website or any of the letters that he is the ONLY person hearing from God and that you should follow him and him alone.
-He constantly diminishes himself from Christ. He is constantly uplifting Christ
-The letters "AMEN" the central theme of the Holy Scripture that "Ye Must Be Born Again". SO MANY churches gloss over that and repackages it into it's own version of "making a decision for Christ". Pray a prayer, believe it "with all your heart" (in other words be convinced in your own mind) and accept God's grace at your own choosing.
-His professed salvation experience. Of being a non believer, in a hotel room on a business trip and bored so he opened up the Gideon Bible, the Words pierced his heart and convicted him of his sin and unbelief (he was struck lost), he fell on his knees with a broken heart and asked God to forgive him and for Christ to come into his heart.
-He's not selling anything for profit. I.E.- a charlatan, snake oil salesman, etc..
-He does not say that only followers of "him" will be saved nor does he offer favor of God to anyone who follows the letters.

Now, as far as flags regarding the ministry...

-It strikes me odd that God would say to separate from one's family. If anything, I would think that God would strengthen that person and grant understanding of the family.
-That thing in the study regarding tithing, there is a letter regarding that very subject stating yes, you should give, but not to the established churches that spend their money on lavishly furnishing their building, or buying the preacher a new Cadillac. Moreso, to go and find a homeless shelter to donate it to, or a clothes bank, a food bank, etc...
-This is also a contradiction to what the website specifically states, NO DONATIONS.

I propose another opinion on the current goings on of this matter. God does talk to Timothy, but over the years, the devil has tempted him and there is some pride that is being exposed. Some or alot of Timothy's "self" is getting in the way of the call God has laid upon him. Now, I'll not make a final judgment on the whole family situation. I only see as someone does from the outside. I don't know the intent of the heart as God does. I'll punt to Him regarding that.

There IS Godly fruits coming from this ministry. But maybe, just as was explained in the parable of the wheat and the tares, some tares have sprung up amongst the wheat. I think maybe, Trent's zeal and maybe his own aspirations of having a ministry of his own, may be the tares that have sprang up. Influencing Timothy rather than the opposite being true.

These are just my thoughts on the website and on Timothy. You can take'm or leave'm. I just saw your post and wanted to share and maybe answer a question or two as someo
ne who's read the letters.

Date: October 14, 2010 10:41AM

AND the RESPONSE:

"He's not trying to make a name for himself in the public arena. Far as I know it's only a few people who have done the research that knows his whole name.
"

He doesn't seem to be on the outside, but he could be extremely clever in his tactics. By "trying" to put himself in the background he is creating a sense of mystery which draws curiosity to himself. I originally thought "wow, he doesn't even give his last name, he has to be a prophet, just like the ones in the old days." In all actuality, many cult leaders give themselves a different identity for varying reasons including to keep up the illusion both for the group and for themselves.

-"He doesn't charge for the mate
rial."

He says he doesn't, but as we know (and I found out after being in the group) that he has a publishing business... kind of a coincidence. Also, I found out the kind of publishing business he runs is called "Database publishing" and for "Directory and Mailing List Publishers" information pulled right off of AllBusiness.com, I did some research on that and found out that normally what that means is publishing over the internet and publishing things for mailing lists like email addresses etc. ... unless you trust blindly (which I did), it doesn't take much to make that connection.

"-He doesn't indicate on the website or any of the letters that he is the ONLY person hearing from God and that you should follow him and h
im alone."

This is true, in many letters he mentions others who are prophets, but only mentions by name those in the group. And as mentioned in the forum, I found out from Amy that those in the group who apparently hear God's voice too need to have Timothy "read it over" first, so if they are hearing from God why would they need Tim's help? I was told it was because they were like "Prophets in training", but it also gives Timothy kind of the last word on everything too.

"-He constantly diminishes himself from Christ. He is constantly upli
fting Christ."

Actually, if you really read them... he never really diminishes himself. Sure he says Christ is the head and everything, but he puts himself as the neck, meaning nothing else gets to the body unless it passes through the neck, making himself pretty high up there. He uplifts A Christ, but tells you not to go anywhere else for information in case you get told something different but I would think Christ could still speak to people outside of Timothy's ministry (he also promotes the Bible but being in the group, the Bible is slowly diminished while the Letters are increased in stature so...) Also, while he never promotes himself, the letters do all the time. Many letters continually praise Timothy for his obedience and say that he will be made perfect, and that he is being made perfect faster than anyone else, and that if anyone has a question they should go to Timothy because he can give you the answer (why not go to God?)

"-The letters "AMEN" the central theme of the Holy Scripture that "Ye Must Be Born Again". SO MANY churches gloss over that and repackages it into its own version of "making a decision for Christ". Pray a prayer, believe it "with all your heart" (in other words be convinced in your own mind) and accept God's grace at your own choosing."

I'm not sure what Church glosses over that fact, we all need to be born again, I knew that long before this group and that came from the Church. We were taught in the group that we need to "trust and obey" completely, totally relying on God for everything (which I agree with) but we were made to feel that we weren't worthy if we didn't "trust and obey" in everything all the time, we then weren't a "worthy bride for Christ, who deserves perfection". While he doesn't say you can lose your salvation, he does say you can lose your "security" in Christ in the fact that if you don't do everything right you will have to suffer in the Tribulation. I do believe we need to be convinced in our OWN mind, but this group professes that if you don't abide by everything in the letters, you will experience God's wrath.

"-He's not selling anything for profit. I.E.- a charlatan, snak
e oil salesman, etc.."

On the surface, it doesn't seem like Timothy is trying to sell anything. If he really is a snake oil salesmen, he would be pretty good at what he does, wouldn't he? Otherwise people would just seen him as a snake instead.

"-He does not say that only followers of "him" will be saved nor does he offer favor of God to anyone
who follows the letters."

Oh, yes he does, or at least the content of the letters. If you don't believe in annihilationism (destruction of the wicked instead of eternal torture), you will suffer tribulation. If you go to a mainstream church, you will suffer tribulation (along with the church). If you speak out saying Timothy isn't a prophet of God, you will feel the wrath of God. Timothy does offer favor of God to anyone who follows the letters. In fact, one of the letters actually says that if you believe in the Bible but not in the Letters, you deny God.

It appears that this individual is not totally indoctrinated because he/she is allowing for the "possibility" that Timothy is not a prophet and these letters "may not" be from God. There are probably several thousands of people just like this individual. Because Trumpet Call is on the internet, they are getting a lot of exposure. About a year ago there were only about 370 people on the Facebook fanpage, now, there is over 2000.

Posted by: philly ()
Date: October 14, 2010 07:28PM

I've looked at the vid. They both seem normal intelligent guys.... why don't they get it? Its awful to hear this condemnation of the church - I'm so saddened by this....How much they sound like my 'trumpeter' - with that same emphasis, and language. I think I might go be a buddhist...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 07:31PM by philly.

Date: October 14, 2010 07:33PM

'Jayse' should audition for a hollywood blockbuster! He reads the script so well! What is it - can only another prophet read 'God's words'? This is ridiculous

Date: October 14, 2010 08:27PM

Frogla please clean out your inbox-I can't send u anything :-(

Date: October 15, 2010 07:23AM

The Video....
The BIG question here is - HOW COME GOD'S WRITTEN ANOTHER LETTER TO TIMOTHY WHEN HE SAID HE WASN'T WRITING ANY MORE? GOD DOESN'T CHANGE HIS MIND!!!!! C'MON ALL YOU TRUMPETERS OUT THERE, RIDDLE ME THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: October 15, 2010 07:25AM

We're up to 7843 views on this site - some people other than our 'regulars' are obviously very interested in what's going on.... glad to cause you all so much consternation!

Current Page: 28 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.