Current Page: 96 of 748
SGI and the LDS Mormon Church
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 23, 2009 08:15AM

Its fascinating how the Mormon Church is also worth many 10's of billions, and no one knows just how many.
Haven't kept up with the Mormon story, but its very much like SGI. They buy billions in land, invest billions in the markets.

And exactly like SGI-USA and SGI global, all of the money is hidden from their own members, only a few people at the top know where the money is.
With SGI, its probably only 1 person at the top, Ikeda, who knows where all the money is.
There are probably different accountants for different areas, divide and conquer.

This is the religious tax loophole that these "religions" use to conceal their assets from their own members, and from the government, and anyone else.

SGI will never release their financial information unless they are forced to.

Church can't hide its worth
Supreme Court - The LDS church loses a round in a fight to keep its finances secret on religious grounds The Oregonian/July 12, 2007
"The LDS church has not released financial information since 1959."
[www.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: DrJesusEsq ()
Date: December 23, 2009 09:33AM

@wayfarerfree

As far as I know about the Lotus Sutra (I had the Burton Watson copy years ago), it's pretty accurate. Obviously, the (what small amount) of SGI's Lotus Sutra terminology comes from that translation. As for the gosho, I have found out in many Nichiren schools some gosho are considered authentic more than others. So even if you have the gosho in WND that is considered authentic by all Nichiren schools, you also get the gosho that is deemed authentic by both SGI and NST.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: December 23, 2009 12:38PM

wayfarerfree
Sushigirl - is it one of those Tardis-like Butsudans, a room in its own right and big enough to have its own weather systems and gravity. Scary. And, I'm presuming, very expensive? E-bay?

If theres one thing I have never done, its to disrespect books. Even the most mundane books, I would normally keep or give to charity. So I shocked myself this week by ripping "A Youthful Diary" into chunks small enough to go into paper recycling. This is the sort of thing the Nazi's did, but I couldnt justify this appalling tomes survival, or cope with the idea of it leading anyone else into the Ikeda cult, so, adios, and then, "The Human Revolution" (assorted volumes), followed. Very theraputic though.

I havnt quite treated the Gosho or Lotus Sutra with the same method yet, so my superstition still holds sway too in that area.
Even though I dont wish to pursue Nichiren Buddhism any further, it is still one of many schools and teachings, so I could justify keeping these books as part of my library. The only thing that would make me ditch my copy of the Gosho is that it was printed by SGI. Does this mean it differs from the original Gosho?

The Burton Watson translation of the Lotus Sutra is also endorsed , and maybe influenced, by SGI.

Could anyone shed any light on this?

Dear Wayfarerfree:

The SGI Gosho is not translated from the original. It is translated from the modern Japanese Gosho Zenshu of Taisekaji [the original is preserved in the Showa Tehon collection], so of course it has a Fuji sect twist . Dr. Jacqueline Stone, a Princeton professor of Japanese studies and an expert on Nichiren Daishonin's writings who was instrumental in their translations, has admitted to collaborating with non Japanese speaking Soka Gakkai leaders during the course of the translations. She has even expressed some regret in this regard. In some crucial passages of the Five Major Works, the translations are particularly slanted to the Nichiren as True Buddha "theology" of the Soka Gakkai. If you e-mail me I can supply you with some relevant passages.

Burton Watson, a very well known scholar and translator, has also admitted to collaborating with Soka Gakkai leaders in the translation of the Lotus Sutra. He is also a Zen Buddhist and possibly not a disinterested sectarian, considering Nichiren Daishonin's criticisms of Zen. If you e-mail me, I will send you a recent essay of mine on the various english language translations of the Lotus Sutra.

Nichijew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 12:40PM by Nichijew.

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 23, 2009 04:59PM

As Nichijew has pointed out the translation of the Gosho by SGI are valuable in the sense that they are the most complete in English. On the other hand they do have some flaws. For anyone interested the "Writings of Nichiren Shonin" by Nichiren Shu published by University of Hawaii might serve as an interesting alternative when comparing translations. To my taste they at least seem more authentic giving even details on where the original is kept and even fragments are published.
Dr. Stone is an expert on Nichiren - at least not officialy affiliated to any Nichiren School she also published some articles here: Japanes Journal of Religious Studies.
Of special interest might be the Fall 1999 issue, called "Revisting Nichiren". This is the sort of stuff one never gets to read in SGI as it is on a scholary level.
I would however be careful about Burton Watson -- has he not published another book with the help of SGI? (Buddhism: The First Millennium (Soka Gakkai History of Buddhism))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 05:06PM by Rothaus.

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: December 23, 2009 09:36PM

In '90 or '91, I drove a number of members nearly 3 hours to NYC to the Community Center in order to 'discuss' what we think of President Ikeda. The method of opening the floor to dialog about possible concerns was breaking us into separate groups sitting in a circle. My group's brief initial chatter was cut short and taken over by one woman's experience meeting 'Sensei' at LA airport and Mr. Ikeda saying "Your Father is here". I think I made an audible gasp of horror, or at least disapproval. I saw this woman pictured in the World tribune later. She was a significant leader. I had noticed the other groups being led by one person. Each group presented a president Ikeda experience loud and clear at the microphone up on the big stage. Everything was positive and approving. There was mention at one point that President Ikeda said if you are angry at him you can yell at his picture. (But this was after all the nice testimonials, so of course this offer would be met with a twinge of guilt). On the way home my friends slept most of the way, I kept my mission of getting us home safely. I was both invigorated and baffled. Peace amongst the ranks restored?

Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: December 23, 2009 10:02PM

OMG driving 3 hours for that?! Didn't they at least give you a pen and pencil set for your efforts? Or maybe an SGI pin? That is another outrageous "activity" about Ikeda™. I love the "dialogue" you had with the person leading. I hope she heard your "audible gasp of horror".

I also hope many more people will have similar gasps. When I met Prez Ikeda™ he gave me a slithery slip of his hand and an icy look. I was a devoted member. I really had bought into the whole deal and was working day and night for his arrival. I stood in line waiting for the master of the universe to appear. Warming us up was Mr Williams. His eyes were filled with warmth. Next in line was Ikeda™. His eyes hit mine and instantly the weather changed. His wife looked smart in her outfit, but her eyes too were not resonating with the hype that had preceded her.

I realize that it is my objective experience, but I was a young woman at the time full of hope for "human revolution" and following "Sensei/hentai". Maybe my "fortune" was greater in that at my core I wouldn't be eternally hoodwinked by this little man.

And by the way, back in the 80s when a fresh new bunch of Japanese leaders were dispatched, I had the occasion to talk casually with one of the YWD in town to "train us". One of her fond stories of Ikeda™ was that she was serving him some tea and assisting Mrs Ikeda™ with some housekeeping. Mr Ikeda™ asked the this YWD to assist him with his yukata (light summer kimono). Of course, it fluttered open. This YWD giggled as she told the story to me. She said it was a great honor to be so "close" to him. She didn't realize that I was not fond of older men exposing themselves to young women. Especially the spiritual leader of millions. I was struck with fear that I too might have to "serve tea" to a leader in my area one day.

Again this story has been stuffed deep inside me for years. It resurfaces today in honor of "Ikeda™ Kayokai group. Hopefully Mr Ikeda™ is too old for such "guidance" sessions anymore. Or maybe the Ikeda™ Kayokai members will be nursing him in his bed. Arggg the thought of it!.

Take a listen: it's all Japanese, but just listen to his voice. The voice tells alot about a soul. [www.gazotube.com] and [www.gazotube.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 10:31PM by sushigrl.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: December 24, 2009 12:19AM

sushigrl
When I met Prez Ikeda™ he gave me a slithery slip of his hand and an icy look. I was a devoted member. I really had bought into the whole deal and was working day and night for his arrival. I stood in line waiting for the master of the universe to appear. Warming us up was Mr Williams. His eyes were filled with warmth. Next in line was Ikeda™. His eyes hit mine and instantly the weather changed. His wife looked smart in her outfit, but her eyes too were not resonating with the hype that had preceded her.

And by the way, back in the 80s when a fresh new bunch of Japanese leaders were dispatched, I had the occasion to talk casually with one of the YWD in town to "train us". One of her fond stories of Ikeda™ was that she was serving him some tea and assisting Mrs Ikeda™ with some housekeeping. Mr Ikeda™ asked the this YWD to assist him with his yukata (light summer kimono). Of course, it fluttered open. This YWD giggled as she told the story to me. She said it was a great honor to be so "close" to him. She didn't realize that I was not fond of older men exposing themselves to young women. Especially the spiritual leader of millions. I was struck with fear that I too might have to "serve tea" to a leader in my area one day.

Sushigrl, I've never been in Ikeda's presence. When I've seen videos of him, I see nothing but coldness, ego, anger, and rudeness. I've never been able to understand how other members could look at him in the same video and see warmth and wisdom!

That business of Ikeda letting his kimono flap open with Young Women's Division members around? Ah, forever hentai!

I've always wondered, myself, what was going on with Ikeda and that cute young woman interpreter that he used to have back in the 1990's. Wouldn't she have some stories to tell!

Apparently your YWD friend had to help the Ikedas in their home? Back in the 1990's, SGI leaders used to criticize the Nichiren Shoshu priests, saying that the priests and their wives asked members to clean and cook for the priests! And yet Ikeda and his wife are doing the same, using members as unpaid maids? Well, doesn't Ikeda always criticize the priests for doing exactly as he does?

And Rattyboy, that bit about Ikeda's arrival -- "Your father is here!"? I'd be shocked to hear that too, and yet, isn't that just SGI for you? As Anticult said, cults try to get the guru into your mind, so that he feels like part of you. What's more part of a person than his or her family? You have so many people who have a bad relationship -- or no relationship with their fathers. The person can feel a sense of loss over that, a hole -- and along comes Ikeda, offering to fill your father-loss with himself, the perfect daddy.

That is just slimy. You've got members who have grieved the loss of their own father -- whether he died, left, or was cruel --- and Ikeda uses that to manipulate them. Old Daisaku will be your perfect daddy -- just adore him and send money!

Think of what "father" means. Ideally, it's someone who loves you unconditionally, acts in your best interest, guides, teaches and protects you, supports you and makes sure you have the things you need. Ikeda is trying to manipulate vulnerable members to think these things of him.

It reminds me of pedophiles. Who do these sex offenders target? They pursue kids who are lonely, vulnerable, neglected. Sex offenders know that these kids are way easier to take advantage of. They're so hungry for a little adult attention, and will tolerate the abuse to get some attention.

The truth about "your father," Cousin Rufus? He DOESN'T know who you are, doesn't care about you, doesn't protect you. He sure doesn't act in your best interest. Oh no! He ALWAYS acts in his OWN best interest....only 100 percent of the time. Rather like a sex offender. He teaches you bullshit. He doesn't provide for you and make sure that you have what you need. YOU provide for him and make sure that HE lives in luxury.

Daddy dearest, indeed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 12:20AM by tsukimoto.

How to KICK-OUT Ikeda and SGI from your mind permanently for life
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 24, 2009 02:05AM

More evidence is building around Ikeda having sexual activities with young women in SGI, including the nude sessions in the Ikeda hot-tub. Sometimes it takes a very long time for the proof of that to come out.

With Sai Baba, the sexual abuses of young boys took many years to come out.

Also, there was a "Zen guru" called Seung Sahn, who was a mini-Ikeda. It only came out years later that he was having sex with many of his female student leaders.
(Seung Sahn) Kwan Um School of Zen [forum.culteducation.com]
These guru's make Tiger Woods look like a loyal husband.

The evidence is looking quite clear that Ikeda has had sexual relations with young female SGI members. There have been several first-hand reports already of SGI leaders and Ikeda having young SGI women take off their clothes.
Perhaps at some point people will come forward and speak about that.

On the other hand, there could have been sexual victims of Ikeda that did come forward, and were just paid-off and signed to a gag-order. That happens all the time.
Victims complain with evidence, and then they get paid off, and no one ever hears about it.

But no SGI parent should allow their young daughters anywhere near Ikeda or his SGI people. (some of the people near the top can be even worse). There are way too many warning signs, its very very dangerous on so many levels.
If President Ikeda was exposing his genitals to a young SGI woman in private, (intentionally of course), then that is part of a systematic grooming process that these type of abusers use over a period of time. Later on, they groom them into SGI "nude guidance sessions", and then move on from there.

And yes, Ikeda is using more old school deliberate techniques of persuasion and manipulation.

When Ikeda says, "your father is here" he knows exactly what he is doing to people.
Its a simple transference, where the SGI members become like children, and Ikeda is the patriarch.
Of course he also knows that God is called Father in many religions as well.

The 3 hr drive for a "discussion" of Ikeda, is very simply, a basic technique of deep influence and persuasion. That could have been designed by one of the SGI-USA experts in group persuasion.
They stick people in a car for hours, as that prepares the mind, for those hours the person is thinking Ikeda Ikeda Ikeda, as the different aspects about him, even complaints and concerns.
Then they get to the location, and its divide and conquer. They split people into small groups, and have an SGI plant-shill-stooge in the group, to lead people's minds. That is another very common method, using stooges like that.
The SGI stooge then leads the group to come up with a "Story" about Ikeda, which is then presented with the other stories. "Stories" are one of the best ways to change people's beliefs, Ikeda and his SGI leaders know that. So that trip is to have people design their OWN brainwashing Ikeda stories in a small group, and that gives it more power.
They then would repeat those Ikeda stories at other meetings, to reinforce them.

And yelling at the Ikeda picture, that is another real technique. That does sound like it came from Ikeda himself. (no one else in SGI would have the courage to say that openly)
That just shows how clever Ikeda is.
He knows that when people yell at his photo, and then LOVE his photo, and worship his photo's, it creates a relationship in their minds. That is what its all about. Creating an imaginary relationship with "Ikeda" in the SGI members minds.
Ikeda knows that yelling and anger is good to, as its a powerful emotion that locks people into SGI even more.

Again, Ikeda knows what he is doing.
This is why Ikeda distributes so many photo's of himself, as it imprints those images in people's minds. That is group persuasion propaganda that's been known for 100 years.

The way to fight this, is to use the techniques against Ikeda.
So one can take the images of Ikeda in their mind, and CHANGE THEM consciously.

One can just begin to modify the images of Ikeda in their mind into realistic images of him. Ikeda is not what his propaganda says he is.
Ikeda is a ruthless businessman, a hypocrite, a mass manipulator, a fraud. A shell of a man, who is trying to hide behind hundreds of fake "degrees" he bought with your money, and putting his name on buildings with your money.
Ikeda is a con-artist.

And one can also make the images in one's mind of Ikeda ridiculous as well, to release the tension. One can parody him like a cartoon in the mind, shrink him down to the size of a thimble, ranting and raving, as his ghostwriters write his books.
What a fraud Ikeda is, a world class fraud.

Then most important, one needs to KICK IKEDA OUT of one's mind, permanently. That can be done using imagery, and repetition. For example, if a person has an image in their mind of Ikeda in their house, they can throw his lazy ass out of the front-door, and tell him to get a real job!
There are dozens of powerful techniques a person can use to get the bad Guru out of one's mind, and they can work.

The american SGI-USA propagandists reading this right now are very afraid and worried. They know that people can learn to use the same techniques they are using, only in reverse.
Then its GAME OVER. The person is gone from SGI's grip forever.

That would be a very important new topic... How to KICK-OUT Ikeda and SGI from your mind permanently.
The key is to use imagery, language, and repetition. It could take months of daily repetition to get Ikeda OUT, just like it took years for him to get into the mind.
Ikeda is smart though, as he has linked his image with the Chant people do. So that is very tricky, if a person still wants to chant.
But no question, the key component is to kick-out SGI and Ikeda from the mind for life, using the most advanced methods available.

Then these American SGI-USA mass persuaders are left like deer staring into the headlights. One can use the same techniques like mental Judo, and deflect them back at SGI and Ikeda. Then SGI-USA is powerless, they have no idea what to do.
Even after they check with SGI head office for new tech, the new techniques will not work, once a person understands exactly how they operate.
That is a very important topic and subject.

How to KICK-OUT Ikeda and SGI from your mind permanently for life.

how to KICK-OUT byron katie from your Mind-Soul-Life forever [forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 02:12AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: wayfarerfree ()
Date: December 24, 2009 04:41AM

One of the first things that struck me, when I was first trying to get my head around "how to be one with Sensei", was the character from the film "Team America", who just utterly resembled Ikeda (its done in the style of Thunderbirds, using puppets). I wont spoil it for you.
But the scene where the character in question sings "Im so lonely" is great, as is his evil-criminal-mastermind lair with little cats for pumas, and nurse sharks used as real killer sharks .
I could never get this out of my mind when watching the videos of Sensei and all those freaky AGMs

Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: December 24, 2009 04:50AM

I love that movie!! the Kim Jong ILL character perfectly fits Ikeda™!!! Bobble head and all.

Current Page: 96 of 748

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.