Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:01AM

ever noticed one thing too?
the relationship between a mentor and a disciple is by nature one of question and awnser ------ is it not so that in SGI the mentor gives awnsers to questions that he was not asked.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former SGI members: Cutting Ikeda Down To Size
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:08AM

How to kick Ikeda out of your mind:

1. I love Sushigrl's way with words! The Soka Gotcha! Mobster and Disciple relationship. Monster and Disciple relationship. How about the Masturbator and Disciple relationship? Think of it...this creepy old geezer in his summer kimono that's hanging open a bit, showing his gray chest hair and saggy old-man chest. Young Women's Division flitting around serving tea, creepy old geezer's hand busy under the table....Maybe Mr. Zaitsu or Mr. Nagashima comes in, and Creepy Old Geezer orders him to....um, give him a hand, to which Zaitsu/Nagashima exclaims, "Rock the Era!" Creepy Old Geezer pounds the table in ecstasy! Soka Gotcha!

Cut to a song: Young Women's Division sings "Hentaiii, (pervert) hentaiiiii, Forever Hentai!" to the tune of "Forever Sensei."

2. Those Veoh videos of Ikeda pounding the table at that 1993 meeting are something else. There was a camera commercial at the beginning of one video. At the end, an ape or gorilla takes the camera and begins taking pictures. I kept picturing Ikeda as the gorilla. Mr. Zaitsu is giving his speech, while at the table, this gorilla who is wearing Ikeda's white shirt, dark tie and glasses, bangs on the table with its paws and hoots! Mr. Z flicks a tranquilizing dart at it. Gorilla passes out at the table. Big men from the zoo come and take Mr. Gorilla back to his cage. At the end, Gorilla's back in his cage, still dressed in Ikeda's white shirt, tie, pants, and glasses. He's pounding on the bars and hooting. The zoo's crowded, but nobody even stops to look at the gorilla. Even Mrs. Ikeda and the other Japanese Women's Division leaders just walk by the cage, not a glance at the gorilla. Nobody even throws him a banana, he can't stand it.

3. Ikeda's admiring himself in an ornate mirror, like the one that the Wicked Queen had in Snow White. He doesn't even ask it who the fairest one of all is because he knows it's him. All of a sudden, the image in the mirror changes -- it's Nikken, the former High Priest of Nichiren Shoshu. Nikken cackles and says, "You are ME! You've done everything that you say I did!" Ikeda falls to the floor, dead from the shock.

4. In the movie, "The Wizard of Oz," there's a scene where a curtain slips, and the Great Oz is really seen as an ordinary guy -- not this awesome screen image. Imagine Ikeda behind the curtain, revealed as this ordinary schlumpy guy and not the Great Oz -- because there is no Great Oz.

5. Imagine Godzilla, with Ikeda's face, stomping the hell out of Tokyo -- then some small, ordinary guy sticks Godzilla with a pin. He explodes -- he was just one of those big balloons in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade! Looked big, but just full of hot air and special effects! Little pieces of Ikeda everywhere like a broken balloon.

6. If you've seen the "Harry Potter" movies, there was a wanted poster of Sirius Black, screaming and raving. Imagine one of Ikeda's pictures that animated -- demanding that you pay attention to it and take it as your mentor in life. (Or imagine any leader who has told you things like this -- lecturing you from that picture.) Then point your magic wand at it and say firmly "Photographicus regularis!" the spell to turn it into an ordinary picture. It turns into an ordinary picture. Then just shred it. It's just a damn picture, you don't have to let it tell you what to do!

The Harry Potter movies probably have a lot of images that could be tweaked and used for this. Or if you come from a nonwestern culture, what are your culture's fairy tales, images, legends? There's bound to be something useful there.

Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:11AM

Tsukimoto: I've always wondered, myself, what was going on with Ikeda and that cute young woman interpreter that he used to have back in the 1990's. Wouldn't she have some stories to tell!

She became his daughter in law!!! Couldn't have her, so he set his son up with her. Mucho gusto, Hentai.

SGI - Daisaku Ikeda - a demagogue, seeking worship
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:11AM

After Ikeda dies, they can keep releasing ghostwritten books forever.
And they can continue to buy more fake degrees for Ikeda.

If the next Ikeda II who takes over SGI is clever, they wil continue to make Ikeda I an object of worship, as that is even easier when they are dead.

The plastic laminated card of Ikeda's fake degrees he bought, that is truly pathetic. It shows how sick Ikeda is, you have to be sick in the head to do that.
All of Ikeda's vulgar photo's of himself, his statues to himself, his songs to himself..who does that remind one of?

A person really does have to be malignant narcissist to do that, and those kind of narcissists can be very dangerous when they get power over other people.

Posted by: wayfarerfree ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:14AM

I dont really talk to my acquintances from my old HQ anymore.
For one thing, its hard for me now to talk to people who say the word "Sensei" in every conversation (without fail).
But mostly, I dont think that many of them see the organisation as insidious in the same way that I have come to do so after my own experiences.
The line that "at the end of the day, SGI members are just people, and none of us are perfect" is rolled out time and time again, as is the one that SGI is simply evolving and bound to make mistakes. Any grievances with the practise, the ideology of SGI and Soka Spirit, are to be seen as one's own negativity and "used as fuel for your human revolution" - which is a great, nay PERFECT way to keep you doubting yourself, your own intelligence and sensibilities.
A lot of people, age 30+, dont go through the Youth Division process first, either.
This is a different kettle of fish altogether, and much more intense.
If all members were driven by the hyped up carrot-and-self-flagelation-stick in the same way Youth Div. are, I'm sure it would be considerably less appealling. Not to say that the politics of those outside YD isnt controlling, but you simply dont get exposed to the full brunt of what it really means to be in SGI at first.
The thing is though, is that even though the leaders would refute any allegations of cult-like activity (with a straight face - lol!), they so obviously make huge efforts to not show all aspects of SGI to newcomers and people who have come to their first ever meeting.
And why exactly is this, then.....?
Hmmm.

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:14AM

The Wizard of Oz

That is actually quite a good comparison is it not?

Re: Former SGI members: Cutting Ikeda Down To Size
Date: December 24, 2009 07:18AM

How about Ikeda realizing that Nikken is his father!! Gakkai Warriors, get those light beams out. But Luke Skywalker's head is too small. I think Ikeda™ as Jabba da Hut is better :)

Posted by: wayfarerfree ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:25AM

I didnt create this, but I sure wish I did!
Totally hits the mark, IMHO -

THE song, from Team America:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh_9QhRzJEs

Date: December 24, 2009 07:31AM

Here's Daisak! [www.youtube.com], and this one with Ikeda and the YWD: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 07:55AM by sushigrl.

SGI photos of Ikeda as "Gifts" for Reciprocity persuasion
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:37AM

Yes, sticking people in a car-pool and having them drive 3 hrs is an SGI tactic, adapted to USA, the land of the car.
As mentioned, that is 6 hrs in the car, plus the meeting, that is an entire SGI day.

In the old country, that would have been an all day hike to go and hear a lecture by the Master.
But in the USA, where people are too lazy for a hike, a 6 hr drive is better! SGI-USA strikes again.
While you are in the car, obviously its going to be SGI talk, if not SGI books and casette tapes for the SGI road-trip.

So they have the big build-up, and the there is a huge LOVE-BOMB with the SGI mass rallies, which creates strong emotions in people. That is powerful conditioning, that is brainwashing, that is salesmanship, American style.

SGI-UK even went so far as to make the video sound secret and forbidden and special.

And sending SGI cards on Mothers Day, is more loaded tactics, trying to make the SGI part of your family. It works.
SGI and cults spend a lot of money mailing out those high quality photo's. For example, if the photo is medium size, plus postage, it can add up to maybe a few dollars a person?
But if it goes to 100,000 people, that a lot of YOUR money SGI is spending, tax-free, to promote SGI.
Why do they do it?
It works.
It makes money, its Reciprocity.

Ikeda knows SGI members are not going to throw a photo of his family in the garbage, they will frame it. So the few dollar investment by SGI, pays off in your new donation.
SGI-USA would have to make a spreadsheet for example, showing they spent $500K of your money to propagandize you with Ikeda photos, and made $1,000,000 in new donations.
That is a 100% profit.

Sai Baba did the same thing, but to the point of LIFE SIZE posters of that psychopath in the Sai Baba meetings.

Byron Katie also has very high quality photos of herself all over the place, on her books.
She directs you to GAZE AT HER hypnotic EYES, which of course are Photoshopped like crazy.

PROLONGED EYE-GAZING TECHNIQUE [forum.culteducation.com]

get intimacy-starved people to gaze into professional photographs of Byron Katie's EYES and manufacture a BK Projection in their imaginations [forum.culteducation.com]

So SGI sending out photos of Ikeda is a direct tactic of psychological marketing and persuasion to manufacture false-intimacy. It works.
Maybe a little moustache drawn on the photo of Ikeda would fix it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.