Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 31, 2016 11:57PM

Happy New Year everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 01, 2017 12:06AM

SIZE MATTERS?

Below is an interesting link to the countries 100 largest churches. I don't know if any of them has found a place on this forum, but it demonstrates that size does not necessarily correlate with abuse.

TLW in it's heyday probably did not achieve the numbers of most of the above, and with it's steady decline, will probably continue it's path of irrelevancy into eventual oblivion.

[www.sermoncentral.com]

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 01, 2017 12:26AM

EX-TLW ALUMNI: Francis Frangipane

[en.wikipedia.org]

I recall always having a substantive connection with Francis every time he would visit Shiloh from Detroit back in the late '70's. I am not familiar with the details of his 'exit', but I am pleased things have worked out favorably for him.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: January 01, 2017 02:26AM

and of course Larry pointed out the book the FF wrote:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 01, 2017 02:51AM

kBoy shared:
EX-TLW ALUMNI: Francis Frangipane

[en.wikipedia.org]

I never met Francis. Based on what is written in Wikipedia, and your impression of him, it's a shame he didn't have more influence over what became of TLWF. I'm sure that could be said of quite a few in leadership roles that were either forced out or simply left disillusioned.
Thanks for sharing.
BTW, I'm of the opinion that even the atheists on this board could have done a better job leading TLWF post-John, then those that took the mantle.

Life of Brian:
Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!
Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!
Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: January 01, 2017 03:14AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I support the separation of church and state but I
> think it's time for churches to start paying
> taxes. We all know how easy it is for anyone to
> say they are a prophet called by God and start a
> church even if it is all a hoax. The sad thing for
> the TLWF is it could happen again as suggested by
> Southgate as the leadership is accountable to no
> one. I bet that sweet parsonage and the ocean
> front church in Honolulu are now worth at least 10
> million. In the LW the little people give their
> blood sweat and tears, don't get a tax exemption
> for all their sacrifice, have no say about the
> leadership's transfer of property and they just
> have to suck it up should they loose their
> facilities. Doesn't sound like a model New
> Testament Church to me. Oh and come on.....Elvis
> is dead?

Form 990 filed by Billy Graham organization

IRS form 990. Every non-profit is required to file one---but churches are exemt. Organizations that operate above board often file this form as it reveals everything concerning donations. There is a reason LW does not file one. I beleive that the laws need to be changed. Saying that revealing to the public and/or congregants of a church--where all their money went- violates church and state. I would like to know just how that is---it is common sense and these f--- abusive, money-grubbing cult leaders like G--would not get away with being multi-millionaires while everyone else sacrifices--scale down while G and M scaled up.

It makes me sick and if we could get that law changed some way it would do a great service to future generations--Scientology and Living Word Fellowship (which by the way is not any official entity--just a nickname and domain)would not get away with it.

It would be shocking to see what has transpired--a tragedy of lowered lifestyles, working for the church whether paid help or free--it is just awful to know that a person's very life has been hijacked for decades.

take a look at what the Billy Graham organization filed and posted online even though they are not required--includes salaries---etc. This could feasibly end the ability to gain financial wealth in the name of God or the universe.

LW is no different than Scientology---except they use the Bible -- which to me is much worse. The rules are unspoken and behavior such as "disconnection--automatic now--they don't have to tell anyone what to do--they know what to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 03:19AM by Cloudwatcher.

Date: January 01, 2017 03:18AM

sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 03:20AM by Cloudwatcher.

Date: January 01, 2017 04:05AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A very happy New Years to all the ex-prophets,
> ex-men and women of God, Nephilim, Jezebels, Male
> spirits, bitter blowouts, cross-dodgers, pure
> atmosphere violators etc. that inhabit this
> board.
> I appreciate every one of you.
> Hope you enjoy this coming year. You deserve it!

Back at ya---I appreciate all of you too. I am catching up on reading posts--so much going on. The "walk" motor is still going and I wonder when it will poop out. I mean--the children of the children are not to become a tithing block for many years to come. When is G going to cash out--give the people a break you moron. You are filthy rich--let my people go.

Date: January 01, 2017 04:10AM

Okay I really screwed up my last post in response to Lily Rose. so here is the link to that IRS form 990 form

from the Billy Graham crusade.....

I really think the IRS has given carte blanch to churches and that is why this phenomenon is occurring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 04:12AM by Cloudwatcher.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: January 01, 2017 04:18AM

kBoy mentioned Francis. I loved him too. He was rejected by JRS for speaking out (so much for the higher confirmation crap) and went on to live a life serving the Lord. Think about it....being rejected by JRS and the baggage that could come with that. Francis remained a true Charismatic and Latter Rainer and belief in all the laying on of hands transference anointing stuff but you know what...Francis was not heavy handed. Here's a John MacArthur quote from 1979 (about the time Francis was booted out) regarding JRS. I referenced MacArthur once before in a post regarding accusations that he was cultish. I have since learned that MacArthur is not a Charismatic fan and has written about it and as a result his critics see him as dogmatic. IMO MacArthur's church doesn't fit the definition of a cult.

JEAN: I wanted to ask if you know what is the Church of the Living Word?

JOHN: Yes. The Church of the Living Word is right up the street from the Local Church (laughter). And the Church of the Living Word is...there are at least three or four of those churches and they were started by a guy named John Robert Stevens who fancies himself as a latter-day apostle. And those churches are full of other sub-apostles and they are getting, they get lots of revelations. It's, again, it's an aberrant...they would probably agree to the gospel, to the basics of the gospel, but that's where they leave. They are, they tend to be charismatic. They believe in the, that these men are apostles inspired with divine revelation and they give this revelation. They are very cultic in that Stevens is a kind of a powerful guy with a quite a stranglehold on the whole movement, very dominating in that situation. I see them as more cultic than the Local Church. Yeah. There are several things written that you can pick up in the bookstore on both of those I think.

changedagain wrote:

>BTW, I am of the opinion the atheist on this board could have done a better job leading the TLWF post John, than those who took the mantle.

Now that would have been a hoot/hoax ring-a-ding-ding combination.

Cloudwatcher: Thanks for the Graham link. I am 100% with you about taxing churches. I might add that the opulent ocean front million dollar plus Honolulu Church also has a swimming pool.

Happy New Year 2017! May you strive to follow TLWF and live in two realms (giggle) or simply follow the words of First Lady Michelle Obama and find it in your heart to love.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.