Date: December 22, 2016 08:57AM

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Once the spell is broken, you are shocked at what you once
believed and how your life was used to further a
leader’s personal agenda that in the end had
nothing at all to do with God.

So true.

Thanks guys for the heads up on the A&E presentations on Scientology. I just started watching and there is a lot to learn from it.

If you a looking for something to watch on Christmas Eve or Day that's a little more uplifting I have provided a link to the Bethlehem Star documentary video. Today, a friend sent me 3 links to 3 different web news articles on the Bethlehem Star and Astronomy. It's catching on and it's all very intriguing even if Christmas isn't your bag.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 23, 2016 01:06AM

larry bobo Wrote:

> If David Koresh was still leading his group from
> the cloud of witnesses, you’d think they were
> nuts. Marilyn supposedly does it, and nobody
> within the group even bats an eye – just as they
> are programmed to respond.

So true--it is quite a spell, and once you're free of it, you are shocked at how gullible/brainwashed you had been.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 23, 2016 01:21AM

The A&E special on Scientology is a revealing example of just how deep denial can run in the face of massive abuse.

It has certainly set a new 'gold-standard' for what is deemed as 'acceptable behavior'.

Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: December 24, 2016 08:33PM

changedagain Wrote:
> SouthGate:
> "I think that was before your time in SG, maybe
> 1985 when Dan did it, but he was the one leading
> the song at the time."
>
> I was close to Dan--we liked each other. I
> understood his zeal, at times misguided, but
> didn't fault him for it, since I was aware of the
> pressure on him to please those over him. I know
> he meant well--in spite of his ego. I was
> very saddened by the cruel treatment he
> experienced in his last days by those who claim to
> be Christ in the earth. Totally
> unacceptable...and, in retrospect, I should have
> left the fellowship then in protest.

Dan did have a lot of zeal, but that's what made him such a beautiful person. I don't blame him for why I left and actually I don't blame anyone. Like I said, I sort of got the concept of Christ in the earth, but my understanding is, it was supposed to be in all of us. Again we were suppose to be a zero with the lines erased so you were nothing and Christ was everything. At the foot of the cross the ground was level, and we all knelt at the foot of the cross and no one was above anyone else. I know there were commissions and all, but I finally had a hard time thinking more highly of one over another, even though I had that problem at first. I not going to deny that I had my favorites, but I thought that was just my immaturity. It was something I was trying to overcome, so to speak.

You know all those little things that seemed to get swept under the carpet and ignored. But then again, I have about as much perception as a rock, so I probably just couldn't see it. :)

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: December 25, 2016 12:48AM

I've just been bringing myself up to date with the posts from the last month or so.

It truly is amazing, remarkable, staggering, (insert your favorite superlative) how many people have led churches in the Walk over the years who are/were completely and entirely unqualified to be in any sort of leadership position over other human beings.

Also, it's pretty convenient to have Marilyn in the "cloud" to take all the heat for whatever nonsense comes from the pulpit these days, yeah?

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: December 25, 2016 02:30AM

SouthGate Wrote:
>, I sort of got the concept of Christ in the
> earth, but my understanding is, it was supposed to
> be in all of us. Again we were suppose to be a
> zero with the lines erased so you were nothing and
> Christ was everything. At the foot of the cross
> the ground was level, and we all knelt at the foot
> of the cross and no one was above anyone else.
>
>
I think Apostle Dog raised another point about the LW concept of being Christ in the earth which in the early days of the Walk this would occur when Christ returned to earth, then it morphed into it would occur before Christ returned to earth, then it morphed into "first fruits first" that is the leaders becoming Christ before the congregation, and then (and I am unclear about this) the belief is Christ won't return to earth and it is incumbent on the little LW remnant to become Christ in a many membered body. Whew! Scientology also believes they will become gods (thought not Christ). The Scientology pitch to newbies is you were once a god and if you pay the thousand of dollars for the courses and all the different levels (new levels sound familiar) and tolerate the abuse and correction by the leadership (sound familiar), you can reclaim your god nature. I have one question for the face of Scientology, Tom Cruise and TLWF, how is that working out for you?

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 25, 2016 02:43AM

LR:

In the A&E Scientology special, the cost of a lifetime involvement with the movement was repeatedly mentioned to average around $250,000/person, and almost a 24/7 commitment. It's hard to believe anyone had enough time to have a job to fund their involvement.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 25, 2016 12:41PM

Merry Christmas to all you out there. May 2017 bring you even further into freedom.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: December 25, 2016 02:58PM

puddington wrote:
------------------------------------------------------

>Merry Christmas to all you out there. May 2017 bring you even further into freedom.

Right back atcha puddington. Feliz Navidad everyone.

kBOY Wrote:
> LR:
>
> In the A&E Scientology special, the cost of a
> lifetime involvement with the movement was
> repeatedly mentioned to average around
> $250,000/person, and almost a 24/7 commitment.
> It's hard to believe anyone had enough time to
> have a job to fund their involvement.

I remember a close friend in the 70's was working at the LW and using his credit card to live on. He went on to live at Shiloh and assisted M. When I caught up with him at Shiloh his credit card debt was $25,000.

pbxguy wrote in part:
---------------------------------------------------------------

>.....how many have led churches in the Walk over the years who are/were completely and entirely unqualified to be in any sort of leadership position over other human beings.

That's right. There are/were those who had a hunger and thirst for the Lord, but no one, nada, zip is/was ever qualified to have a leadership position over another human being. According to NT scripture, Church leadership over administrating church type business should not include leadership over the private and personal lives.

Southgate wrote in part:
----------------------------------------------------------------

>I don't blame anyone.

I appreciate you saying that. When I read the posts on Factnet a few years ago I was struck by one of the posters whose family was cast out of TLWF and they refused to be bitter and I thought to myself I want that although getting there can take some time.

PS: I guess I am chatty Kathy tonight. Must be the eggnog.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 31, 2016 11:27PM

A very happy New Years to all the ex-prophets, ex-men and women of God, Nephilim, Jezebels, Male spirits, bitter blowouts, cross-dodgers, pure atmosphere violators etc. that inhabit this board.
I appreciate every one of you.
Hope you enjoy this coming year. You deserve it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.