Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 07, 2015 04:34AM

Apostle Dog, in response to your previous post, I know that you, F. Frangipane, and Larry Bobo have written that Marilyn's influence on JRS was that of a Jezebel. Now after last week, everyone knows that I think Larry Bobo is bobolyicious, but I think Larry and the rest of you are wrong. Or maybe I should say that I just don't see it. JRS was removed from two Assembly of God churches for espousing latter rain doctrine years before he ever met M. And he also wrote the First Principles (pre M) in which he lays out his views on church hierarchy, submission, obedience, control etc. which in my opinion were more destructive to the congregation than the latter rain teachings. And if Nichol's book is accurate, JRS was praying for the death of his Neph wife before M came on the scene. I don't see it but I an open to move evidence and love you guys anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2015 04:40AM by lily rose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 07, 2015 04:42AM

Lily Rose, I am trying to piece it all together myself. But I am starting to think that Marilyn was on the scene long before everybody knows that she was. I think Marilyn and John Robert Stevens were in an adulterous relationship and that is what caused Martha to divorce him. I think Marilyn was John's "spiritual wife," and they took what they figured a respectable amount of time after the divorce to get married so the church would not split.

Think about it, I know lots of people think Martha was a Neph, because that is what they were told. But judging by the way Marilyn has acted since she got in power, I would say that if anybody is a Neph, she is.

Date: September 07, 2015 04:49AM

There were lots of people that thought my first wife was a Neph, they thought that she had a "religious spirit" but the truth be known, that is the way I represented her to everyone. I was an adulterer, plain and simple. I didn't really get anything going that much while in the fellowship, but the next church I hit after the Walk, I did.

Lily Rose, I did not know Marilyn. I think you have shown me what John was like, pretty much, as I asked you. But what about Marilyn? You were in the Walk up to 1980, what was it like under the regime of Gary and Marilyn. I hope i was wrong.

I have been praying for Living Word, including Marilyn. I still for some reason want them to make it. I believe we all need to get it together, really fast, but that is another story that I can not discuss on this forum, as it deals with eschatology.

Tell me the truth, that is what I am seeking Lily Rose, how much of Marilyn do you think is of God. Same question as we discussed about JRS.

Date: September 07, 2015 05:47AM

Was john Robert Stevens a wealthy con man fat cat preacher, because if he was, I might as well have been supporting financially and other ways some multimillionaire televangelists.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 07, 2015 07:26AM

Apostle Dog,

I really don't know that much about M as I left the Walk before JRS died and G&M took over. A friend of mine said she was kicked out of the Blix house by M for not purchasing the required canned food and not placing it on her designated shelf. There was a standing joke that M was like Joan Crawford in the movie Mommy Dearest....remember the line, "No wire hangers EVER." M ran a tight ship. My experience with her was that she was strictly church business. One thing a friend noticed was during worship she seldom closed her eyes like the rest of us and tended to gawk around at everyone. I think a lot of people with ADD (attention deficit disorder) did that. But I think M was a very focused person and no nonsense.

I don't believe the direction G&M have taken TLWF was/is of God. I don't know if she is a neph as you say, but clearly she is not a little god to be worshipped.

Also, I don't know if Martha was a neph either. Maybe she craved attention and just wanted JRS to take her to a movie now and then or go on vacation to Catalina Island. I hated that whole neph name calling business and the destructiveness it had on lives of innocent people.

Date: September 07, 2015 07:58AM

Well Lily Rose, it is all over now. I hope they all will turn their lives over the the Lord and quit playing games. We don't have that much time to get prepared. I won't go into what I believe about eschatology, my wife believes we are soon to be at total peace, I think we are going to go through Hell first, and it has nothing to do with LWF theology. (I promise Moderator that is all I will say) anyway, I hope my wife is right.

The church I go to, and the last one I went to both have no mind games, the pastor walks in, everybody approaches him, there is no entourage. He makes probably about a hundred thousand a year with a full 750 seat santuary every Sunday. I am making a pretty good educational guess on that. We don't have to agree with him, we don't get reported if we don't "have his spirit." We don't do ANY intercession that he breaks thru, nor do we have to stand for hours and insist that he is the "first one to break through to resurection life."

You know, even when lots of people were interceding that John break through to resurection life, I knew, even then, that somebody had already beat him to that, and John didn't have to break the veil, or none of that.

Date: September 07, 2015 08:02AM

One other thing, Lily Rose, I knew even when I was pretty much spiritually dead that we didn't have to see John Robert Stevens come back from the dead so that we could inherit eternal life. Again, JRS was about 2000 years late on that one too.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 07, 2015 09:56AM

Even if a person does find a “Perfect Man/Woman of God” then what? Are we supposed to glorify them, giving them our spirit, money, allegiance and all things? Do we throw out all previous learning and experiences and bow to a new found God?

{{{ Ah, the Man/Women of God is among us, trumping everything the Creator God has ever deposited in our own spirits. Bow down and yield all!! }}}

No way. It feels like “spiritual adultery” and “betrayal” all wrapped up in one.

I always liked John 20:17 (NIV) --- Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

There is a mutual respect in the above verse that is sorely lacking in TLWF.

Date: September 08, 2015 02:21AM

Does anyone know anything about this book by Gary Hargrave, "Is Christ Divided?"

I wonder if they are getting into ecumenism.

One thing I do know, JRS would roll over in his grave at some of the things the HARGRAVES have been up to.

Date: September 08, 2015 02:34AM

You know, I am looking at Living Word Fellowship more as a "walkologist" meaning, someone that studies the Living Word Fellowship. I think, the more I am studying this, that the Walk has been in three stages so far. First there is the Walk, with John and Martha Stevens, John alone ministering. Then there was Walk the sequel, with John and Marilyn Stevens, John AND Marilyn at the helm. Then there is the current Walk, call that one Walk 3.

Now the more I learn, I really can't judge which one has been more cultish.

For all I know, as I thought the first one was the best, it may be that I have it backwards, because according to Reflections from the Wall, there were some stange goings on in the backstage in that one too. I got in on the tale in of the first one, and was in it all through the second one, the John and Marilyn one, but I was so far geographically removed that my area saw no difference between the two first one. During the third regime, this current one, my area churches just vanished.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.