Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 08, 2015 02:58AM

Test of Truth Apostle Dog. Did you once post under the screen name Chaos52 in 2013? Just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 08, 2015 04:40AM

Lily Rose, yes I did. I got bumped off when all of the posts were lost, and couldn't get logged back in. I talked with Mr. Ross about it a few times, he didn't have an answer for it, he said that most of the people that posted here before could get back on, he said that perhaps if I get something changed about the computer, i don't know what. Anyway, what I did finally was get a gmail address and that finally let me get another password.

I kept reading the posts, but couldn't log in myself. Every time I tried to get a new password it would say "someone is using this email address already."

Date: September 08, 2015 04:44AM

yes Lily Rose. I was bumped off so I couldn't log in when all of the posts were lost. I talked with the moderator about it several times be he could figure out how for me to get back on either. Every time I tried to get a new password, it would come up in red letters and say that someone was already using that name or someone was already using that email address, it was very frustrating. I decided to get a G-mail account, and then I an idea hit me to try to get logged in again.

Come to thing about it, I believe lots of people stopped posting here when that happened, they probably couldn't log back on or get a new password either.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 08, 2015 04:59AM

Apostle Dog,

You mentioned some problems with hack alerts. Once when I posted a few months ago, I got a hack alert message and thought that I had typed in my password incorrectly. After a redo of logging in and posting, all the posts of nabashalam appeared on my screen. This happened a couple times that day. I don't know what to make of it. I thought possibly nabashalam was an rrmoderator. Then the other day after posting I noticed when I saw my post hours later, many typos appeared that I am sure that I had corrected. I just left it with the typos.

Date: September 08, 2015 05:54AM

Lily Rose,

Yea, I don't know what all is going on either. In fact, when I answered your post where you asked if I had posted here under the other name, I had to type it twice. The first time I answered, I looked up and there was the red lettered hack alert. Now usually, when that happens, in an hour or so, I can post again. But this time, I just tried again right away, and it went through.

Maybe the bugs are just not worked out. What I would do though, Lily Rose, is contact the moderator about the issue that you mentioned there. Or perhaps he will see what we are talking about anyway, and we will hear from him.

By the way, when I did get all hooked back up with the forum again, I wanted to use a little different name, I wanted to use Apostle TO THE Dogs. I used to have that screen name when I had AOL.

Date: September 08, 2015 01:31PM

To this day, I really wish I had a better way of putting it, when I talk about John Stevens, I don’t look at him to this day as somebody that was intentionally wrong. He said that the Lord told him to stay away, or not associate himself with the Latter Rain. Well, if you look at any of the articles about the latter Rain they refer to two different segments of it, one is all of the others, and the others is the WALK. Going to someone and having them lay their hands on your head and commission you into something has power. That may be Living Word theology too, but it is also biblical, we do not do that. I would not do that. But according to all accounts JRS did just that.

I wonder what John’s ministry would have been like had he not done that. He did not associate himself with the other people in the Latter Rain, but he did embrace ALL of the theology. I don’t know of any occult stuff really, I have read that he got into all of that, but I don’t know personally that was true, but the Latter Rain part is very true.

I think John Robert Stevens thought, as many other elders of that movement, that whatever entered their mind was the mind of God. Even the name of the group, “Living word,” that hints that whatever JRS spoke, was literally the word of God. That is why, everywhere he went somebody had a tape player, in case he said ANYTHING. The bible says to let the prophets speak, one at a time, and let the other prophets judge. The one man show is always a dangerous thing. Let no man think more of himself than he should.

John Robert Stevens was a man just like any other. He did something good as far as I am concerned. He took time to shoot firecrackers with my stepson at Shiloh. Just him and my son. John said that he shot off a firecracker just as JRS walked up, it was one fourth of July. John Stevens wanted to shoot off one of the things, and they both shot off several, I guess at the front of the place, I don’t know where, I thought it was right at the front of the building. John (my son’s name too,) said that JRS laughed every time one of the firecrackers went off. I can imagine them, a little kid and John Stevens, playing like two little kids, and JRS laughing with that laugh of his.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:47AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really don't know that much about M as I left
> the Walk before JRS died and G&M took over. A
> friend of mine said she was kicked out of the Blix
> house by M for not purchasing the required canned
> food and not placing it on her designated shelf.
> There was a standing joke that M was like Joan
> Crawford in the movie Mommy Dearest....remember
> the line, "No wire hangers EVER."

Too funny, lily...in a mentally unhinged way:
1. Purchase required canned food
2. Place canned food on Marilyn's DESIGNATED SHELF!!

Date: September 09, 2015 09:32PM

I am going to concern myself mostly with WALK 1, because that is the one I was in the most. I was in there during the last of the regime of JRS while married to his first wife, and I understand from hearing from Lily Rose that the Walk changed in 1980, when the wife changed, the ministry changed. Maybe that is a coincidence, but I doubt it. I was in it for the other half of my hitch with Marilyn’s influence in the Walk churches out west, but nothing changed here, only thing that changed in my part of the country was having to listen to her voice on the tapes instead of just John. It sort of reminds me of listening to Yoko Ono howling in the background when John Lennon was singing.

There are a few things I still want to get behind me, to understand about the movement that I thought was it. I remember hearing JRS say that people have to “unlearn” what they have been taught. Now it is that I have to unlearn the attitudes I picked up in the Walk. I find myself still critical about other Christian leaders for doing the same thing that I think JRS did. For instance, I am critical of Gary and Marilyn for accumulating so much wealth, the mansions in Hawaii, property all over the place. I do not think Gary and Marilyn started out at ground zero, I don’t think they would not have what they have now if Marilyn had not inherited substantial wealth from John Stevens to begin with.

I am very critical when I see these preachers on television that have multimillion dollar “parsonages.” I thought that sort of thing was what John Stevens spoke against. Did he do the same thing the whole time?

In my previous post I wrote about how JRS was very friendly to my son. I wanted to let it be known that I know there is good and bad about everybody. I have tried to let it be known about myself that I have done some horrible things in my past, but still, I have done a few good things too. Even in regard to my activities in Living Word Fellowship. I do not want to continue to be so critical against anybody, but there has been some anger in me about value system that it appears the Walk leadership had all of the time, in the higher echelon. I saw people of humble means giving sacrificially. When they were building Shiloh people in my part of the country were dedicated to see it built. Some of them went and worked there, yet I don’t think John Robert Stevens even knew there were any Walk churches in the South at all.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 09, 2015 10:12PM

One of the things I have to unlearn since leaving TLWF, is not to berate myself if I think critically (walk term: critical spirit) toward those that I think have used/exploited the vulnerable. Most of my negativity toward the actions of TLWF leadership center around that point...and you're right, AD, there's something significantly amiss in a movement that showers affection, property, gifts on a few leaders at the top of the chain, and yet has no money to provide some support to those other ministries, once retired/laid off, that have spent the better part of their lives (30+ years) sacrificing for the 'Kingdom.' It's gross...and I suspect my repulsion to the actions and attitudes of the leaders that enable this type of thinking will always be powerful. I've come to the point where I like that about myself, and am astounded at how much people tolerate in the name of being connected to (you know who).

Date: September 09, 2015 11:42PM

You know, we got into intercession all the time when we were in the Walk. Maybe some of that was good, most of it was trying to build up the leadership into a closer relationship with God, but be that as it may, good or bad, there is a movie out that is about a woman that is an intercessor, the movie is called “War Room.” I went and saw that twice, I highly recommend that.

I hope that is allright to do that. In a way this ties into the discussion about Living Word Fellowship, in that it is about a different slant on the ministry of intercession.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.