Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 04, 2015 12:37AM

lily rose:

I want to apologize for my previous posts, which have been deleted. Upon reflection you are right and my comments were wrong.

I received a complaint regarding Larry Bobo from someone that claimed he violated the rules. Upon reflection this was probably someone angry about the information on this thread and it's likely this person still supports The Living Word Fellowship and Stevens.

I have since reviewed more carefully Larry Bobo's posts and you are absolutely right he has made a very meaningful contribution to this message board.

My only excuse for making this mistake is being spread pretty thin, but I should have taken the time to examine this thread more closely.

Please accept my apology.

Rick Alan Ross

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 04, 2015 01:10AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW, perhaps this question will reveal my
> worldliness...oh well. But what kind of severance
> package/pension do long-time TLWF pastors (30+
> years) receive once they are laid off? How does
> it compare with other religious corporations?

I think we all know the answer to that one: nada, zip, a zero with the rim rubbed out.

G&M (and Rick) are not going to share the LW assets with anyone.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 04, 2015 03:06AM

Thank you rrmoderator for your above follow up post regarding Larry Bobo's contributions to this forum.

Date: September 04, 2015 03:45AM

lily rose;

Thank you for pointing things out.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 04, 2015 04:39AM

RRModerator, I really appreciate that you caught that about Larry Bobo. I was not around when all of this happened, I do know that I enjoy reading Larry Bobo's posts, have for some time. I think you might be on to something, If somebody is getting on this site in order to complain and perhaps get somebody thrown off, then LIVING WORD people must be reading this, and that is a good thing. I am hoping they do read this, and from the number of people reading it is certain that it isn't just people that write on here that are reading it and some of the people caught up in Living Word might start thinking about what they are doing with their lives.

Date: September 04, 2015 04:45AM

Apostle Dog:

Someone actually joined the board, complained, but has never posted an entry.

Interesting.

I should have seen that as a red flag.

Anyway, you are right. Living Word people are probably reading this thread and it's searchable through the Web and easily accessible to the public.

Thinking is good.

Date: September 04, 2015 06:11AM

Well I would challenge any Living Word church member to do a bible study of "manifestation of the sons of God" and see if there is any other place in the bible other than in Romans 8 that even hints that the "sons of God" are anything other than mature Christians, and I would like them to notice that the concept of any "sons of God" entering into "resurection life" or and immortal body other than at the coming (literal coming) of the Lord Jesus Christ is pure conjecture.

Also the word "parousia" that they were so stuck on as being a spiritual presence and not possible referring to a physical presence, get a Greek to English interlinear bible and you will see that when Paul said he wanted to be PRESENT with a church but was hindered, the word there is "parousia" and it refers to either a physical presence or a spiritual presence, the same word is used for both.

Check out what you are being told, don't assume that anyone was right because you believe they have special wisdom or knowledge because they CLAIM to have been visited by Christ. That is happening all over the world right now, it isn't just Living Word Fellowship.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 04, 2015 08:44AM

I was just thinking about that, the dangers of the LW's (and others) mystical approach to being led by God. We all have impressions, thoughts, dreams, maybe visions that come into our minds and are we to treat them as God's revelations? That wouldn't be smart yet I was reading about the origins of the Manifested Sons of God (MSOG) doctrine and guess what...it originated with a Bible teacher's vision.

According to the August 1949 issue of Truth Advocate, quoted by Richard Riss in The Latter Rain Movement p.96, the MSOG doctrine originated from the predictive prophesying of Rev. E. Crane of Northwest Bible Institute in Edmonton. He believed that he had seen a vision of the victorious saints as a mighty army. His students were affected by his belief and soon there grew the doctrine that the "elect" would receive redemptive bodies here and now...

At one time while I was in the Walk, I was enthralled with the MSOG teaching but after doing some of my own studying and research now I realize as Apostle Dog said those who teach such extreme interpretations have misappropriated Rom 8:9 and their "visions" do not suggest to me that they came from God.

p.s. Kudos to dbc's 1/15/15 post with the ref to Richard Riss's writings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2015 08:46AM by lily rose.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 04, 2015 11:24AM

Rick Allan Ross (Moderator). Thank you for your decision. I have read theological books by Gordon Fee, F. F. Bruce, James D. G. Dunn, Richard Elliott Friedman, Ronald Y. K. Fung, Leon Morris, as well as nearly all the Joseph Campbell writings and many of the Upanishads. My point is that for some reason (unknown) the more effective rebuttal comes from those who actually lived under the Living Word and can therefore pinpoint the weirdness. It’s crazy. Anyway, thanks.

FCSLC.

Date: September 04, 2015 11:36AM

lily rose, also remember JRS always talking about how the word "parousia" meant spiritually present, but not physically present. That is the basis of the belief by many in Living Word that Christ would come forth in the church, in them, that is, but not necessarily literally or physically. Well, if you take a look in any Greek to English interlinear bible, you will see that the word simply means PRESENCE OR PRESENT. Paul says that he would like to be PRESENT (meaning phsically) but he could not be at that church at that time. Don't remember the verse, but you can find that easily enough. The same word is used in Greek for peresent, parousia (I probably spelled that wrong) but that Greek word means either physical presence, OR spiritual presence, just like the English word does.

Another LIVING WORD theological breakthru, shot down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.