Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 24, 2015 07:34AM

And now this...a recent segment on John Oliver's HBO show leads to pressure on the IRS to begin auditing churches.
Obviously Satan is behind this:

"Last Week Tonight With John Oliver: Segment on Televangelists May Lead to IRS Probe.

CBS News reported that the federal agency was "getting pressured" after an Aug. 16 segment of "Last Week Tonight." The IRS reportedly conducted only three church tax audits from 2009 to 2014."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: August 24, 2015 08:15AM

As I read "Reflections from the Wall" a little more, I wonder about JRS. First, I wonder how the write got all of that information. And then, I wonder, if all of that is true, then ole JRS could have been quite ruthless and greedy himself. Some of the stories about how he might have dealt with anyone that questioned him sure sound familiar to me, I have confronted "men of God" before only to be told, "touch not God's anointed, do My prophets no harm," and "you have a bad spirit" or a "wrong bond." It makes my skin crawl.

I guess I will never know. I do know this, I know that absolute power breeds absolute corruption.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 24, 2015 10:23AM

Apostle dog, how much of JRS or his ministry do you think was of God?

A while back paleface posted that some of the pastors he spoke to (who left after JRS died) said it was 50%. Nichols seemed to think the jury was still out.

I think some of those who JRS never crossed or he really helped either by deliverance from a bondage or financially, still believe he was 100% a man of God.

Date: August 24, 2015 11:23AM

Lily Rose that is the hardest question I think anyone has asked me in a long, long time, perhaps ever. I am going to pray over that one, and then I am going to answer it perhaps tomorrow. I will only say this right now, I do not believe that anybody is 100% man or woman of God, those that believe that, believe that JRS was deity.

Date: August 24, 2015 10:45PM

Lily Rose, I hesitate to have an opinion as to whether anybody is of God or not. I think more than anything John Robert Stevens was so obsessed with himself and what people thought of him that he accepted a bill of goods with the Latter Rain theology. He saw that as power and a chance to be on center stage. I think the divorce was caused partly by Stevens believing anything the devil told him about his first wife not being supportive to HIS ministry. He took the chance to get rid of a woman two years his senior to get a woman 19 years his junior, because that woman knew how to puff him up. It is a sad thing I believe, that Steven's flesh took a great ministry down, but it is not the first time that has happened, and not the last. I don't THINK there is much truth in Latter Rain.

That said, I don't think Stevens did anything he THOUGHT was wrong.I think he believed what he taught. As to whether he was greedy and made a fortune off of the dedication of innocent people, I don't think he was as greedy as Marilyn.

Date: August 24, 2015 10:59PM

I do not believe that humans are capable of walking in the spirit to the point that can take over everything in the world, defeat Satan, and turn over the kingdoms of this world to Christ at His return. I certainly don't believe there will be any super saints, super apostles and prophets that will become a Christ company or Christ in this earth INSTEAD of the return of Christ. I think Living Word was all a crock.

Date: August 25, 2015 12:11AM

One last thing, in Acts the 14th chapter, Paul and Barnabas show the correct way to act when someone tries to worship the leader. The whole thing that led Living Word Fellowship off the path was the belief that humans, especially leaders, can become more the focus and God take a second place. That is idolatry.

On a side note. I have heard over and over that they were trying to "preserve the word." Preserve the word for what? For who? I wonder if you can even order that material if they don't know you. When I was in it, they believed that nobody else was on a level that they could or even wanted to hear the material. Do they sell any of that stuff to Christian book stores? I am asking because I honestly don't know. They have certainly changed if they are actually publishing that stuff for anybody but members of the church.

Date: August 25, 2015 01:07AM

AD,

I think the living word was of man, not God.

I think You can buy JRS cd's/tapes on line at livingwordpublications.org. Not sure if you have to register to buy but I think anyone can purchase.

Date: August 25, 2015 02:17AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One last thing, in Acts the 14th chapter, Paul and
> Barnabas show the correct way to act when someone
> tries to worship the leader. The whole thing that
> led Living Word Fellowship off the path was the
> belief that humans, especially leaders, can become
> more the focus and God take a second place. That
> is idolatry.
>_____________________________________________________________

Right. To say that believers are in CHrist means somehow they are spirituality united to Christ, not that they are Christ. If a leader sets themselves up as being a class above the rest of the congregation and is worshipped as being a god I wonder how they demonstrate that they have been perfected? Does the leader demonstrate greater love, faith or supernatural spiritual powers, immortality? What's the criteria for being a god other than you say you are or someone says you are?

When I was in the Walk I didn't realize that becoming little gods was part of the teaching and a level to be achieved by man. But there it was in plain sight in the First Principals written by JRS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 02:32AM by lily rose.

Date: August 25, 2015 04:17AM

Lily Rose you have to have a password to buy anything from Living Word. I am thinking about trying to buy something. I have tried to contact them a few times, asking for something that is not shown, and I have never gotten an answer.

I am going to see if I can go through getting the password and see if there is a quiz as to what church I am in or if I have a revelation of Marilyn or what to buy a tape.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.