Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: August 23, 2015 08:20AM

I was reading Reflections from the Wall, it said JRS said that he had recorded one of his visitations with the Lord, only he never showed anybody the tape. Sounds sort of like Marilyn learned straight from the top how to promise proof tapes and never deliver.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:18PM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was reading Reflections from the Wall, it said
> JRS said that he had recorded one of his
> visitations with the Lord, only he never showed
> anybody the tape. Sounds sort of like Marilyn
> learned straight from the top how to promise proof
> tapes and never deliver.

An excerpt from Reflections from the Wall...demonstrating that history does indeed tend to repeat itself:

In the Fall of 1979, on the threshold of his climatic trip into the future, Stevens and the Apostolic Company went on a "Big Trip" all over North America, visiting most of the churches affiliated with the Walk. It began in Washington, D.C., went up to Edmonton, Alberta (Canada), then down to Seattle, ending in the Bay Area. While the talk of the vision of '72 was deliberately downplayed in the last two years, it was still on most people's minds: "Will it happen like the Apostle said?" However, the whole time during the "Big Trip," Stevens was sizing up his empire, realizing that if he didn't stay on top of things, it would fall apart, most of the areas being run by men just as powerful as he. If he didn't enter into the Kingdom as announced, the main glue that held the empire together would lose its bonding power. Therefore Stevens decided to restructure the Walk, putting men that were totally loyal to him in trouble spots, removing the leaders he didn't trust, putting them in places where his bases were covered. He announced this restructuring on the day he was supposed to have been in the Kingdom, hoping that something on this scale would distract the people enough not to notice that nothing had essentially changed.

Date: August 23, 2015 07:11PM

Changedagain, I remember when that happened. Seems like John Stevens was missing or something for a day or so, people were freaking out. He came back and said he had a vision and was transported into the future. Actually, he didn't have to worry about anybody questioning that, whether it happened or not, people believed whatever he told them to believe.

I recall when everybody got together and bound Satan, actually judged him and thew him in the pit. That was in the early eighties. Do you remember that one? So we are in the kingdom now, and Satan is gone, that is why everything is going so good in the world. I was in on that, the binding of Satan, I fasted about three hours, no beer or food. It was a hard job, but it had to be done.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 23, 2015 10:36PM

If I had nickel for every time Satan was bound and thrown in the pit by the Sons of God...well, I don't know if I would be as well off as Warren Buffet, but I definitely would be living quite comfortably.

p.s. Today I'll probably read that This Week entitled 'There are No Vacations in the Kingdom." That should give a much needed boost to my morale.

Date: August 23, 2015 11:14PM

You know, I had forgotten how I was one of those that took on Satan and bound him and threw him in the pit. I could be proud of that if I were not so humble. If there are any little people reading here, you need to remember to give your shepherds double honor because your life is going so good. Remember the word, “Who kills the wolves.” If it weren’t for the shepherds covering you, you would be prey to the wolves, you would be helpless. Now that John is in the heavenly realms he don’t need your intercession any-more, so you need to be interceding for your shepherds night and day, interceding for them to enter into resurrection life. That is what the little people are for after all, to be cheerleaders for the shepherds that live such sacrificial lives protecting you from the wiles of the enemy.

Wow, I didn’t realize it until just now, I am so humble, I guess the thought never entered my mind, but you little people need to repent until you get a revelation of ME.

Date: August 23, 2015 11:29PM

You know Changedagain, what I was talking about, that time we all supposedly bound Satan, that was a special call that all the churches got sometime in the 80s, or I guess all the churches got it, it wasn't on a tape or anything for the "shepherds" to start fasting and praying at a certain time and actually bind Satan permanantly.

I wonder sometimes if John Robert Stevens actually had delusions of grandeur or if he was just messing with people to see what he could get them to do. Some times he would say crazy stuff while bringing a word. I recall one time that he was telling how, when he eats, he likes to eat everything on his plate one item at a time. He don't like to mix the food up. I wonder if he said that to see how many people would start eating like that. I wonder how many people started to follow along and be cool and eat like the apostle. I am sure some did.

One time he blamed the people in the kitchen at Shiloh because he wasn't "breaking through." He said that he should be eating a diet like Daniel, but he gets on the intercom and calls down to the kitchen for his food and he just eats whatever they send up. I bet if they were to send him a bowl of raw vegetables and fruit and water to drink he would hit the ceiling.

I believe JRS had good intentions, and I think he believed everything he taught. I believe that he thought people were being led into great things and that the people under him were top notch people. I really do. I was reading about his early life, him and Martha did sacrafice their own money to buy Grace Chapel, they did fix it up, all of that. He didn't get rich overnight, for many years he didn't have much support while he was losing congregations over and over, because he did believe what he taught and he had the gumption to stick with it. I respect him, but he was a little bit nuts in my oppinion. But then, I am too.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 24, 2015 12:07AM

Can't we just be friends on an equal basis and go fishing together? Fishing for trout in the High Uintas. We could enjoy the "Rocky Mountain High."

Date: August 24, 2015 02:08AM

What I really think is the whole idea about "shepherds" making decisions for gown people is a poor concept at best. Anybody that gives their power over to a pastor or elder or bishop or apostle or guru or whatever title you want to give them is going to have their lives ruined. Even if the leaders of an organization are educated it is a bad idea to let them tell you how to live your life. If you can read, you can understand the bible, you don't need any extra-biblical "words" to tell you what to do, figure it out for yourself. The leaders of Living Word Fellowship, for the most part were uneducated, many of them were drunks. I should say many of "US" were drunks, but I hesitate to say I was that much of a leader, even if I was, it aint anything to brag about, being a cult leader.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 24, 2015 03:29AM

Ahh. Apostle Dawg. Your last post are the words of a “True” shepherd.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 24, 2015 05:30AM

Apostle Dog wrote: "Anybody that gives their power over to a pastor or elder or bishop or apostle or guru or whatever title you want to give them is going to have their lives ruined."

Well said Dog. Below is one of my fav posts.

Invisible Wrote on 8/26/14:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some Food For Thought
>
> John 2:24-25 But Jesus on His part, was not
> entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men
> and because He did not need anyone to bear witness
> concerning man for He Himself knew what was in
> man.
>
> We should see a red flag - when a person of the
> cloth tries to influence us or lead us to believe,
> that we should entrust our self and our lives to
> them.
>
> If one looks closely at what was said about Jesus
> not entrusting Himself to them in John 2 - one
> might see and realize - that it was ( believers )
> that Jesus was not entrusting Himself to..
>
> Jesus already knew what was in man before He began
> His ministry and on His part , it was to those
> who were believing in His Name, that He was not
> entrusting Himself to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.