Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 20, 2015 11:45PM

But.....but.....but.....we were taught that the only real connection to God was thru Devine Order and your "Designated Relationship"? : )

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: August 21, 2015 12:57AM

FCSLC wrote "TLWF hardliners never understood that God was working directly with the underlings, circumventing the hierarchical loop. The Sadducees, Pharisees, Priests and Authorities made the same mistake with Jesus."

I believe that more often than not, Christians in the pews mature in spite of the elders, instead of because of the elders.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 21, 2015 01:46AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Perhaps the Hargraves have attempted to steer away
> from some of the Latter Rain thing, they seem to
> have established a typical charismatic cult with
> the emphasis on themselves. Time is running out
> for them, the judgement is coming. I will pray
> for them.

TLWF still preserves the JRS library of tapes for the congregation. Most of what we thought was a new thing or JRS revelation was latter rain doctrine, we just didn't know that back in the day.

Some Latter Rain Doctrine:

rule in the earth before the return of Christ
spiritual warfare
new revelation/secret doctrines
remnant church without spot or wrinkle
restoration of apostles and prophets
manifested sons of god

TLWF is latter rain to the max. They just aren't transparent about it.

Date: August 21, 2015 02:01AM

lily Rose, thanks for the information. I didn't know they were still into that so much, I was going by the websites. I know some people that are still in it, but they are very secretive about what goes on in the church. I don't press them. That is a big reason why I use an alias name posting here, because I do know someone in the church and they could answer for something I might say here.

Yes, JRS did for certain embrace more of the Latter Rain theology than anybody else associated with it. I recall once that, I think it was him that said it, maybe somebody else, that the "Living Word," (which is Latter Rain), would become mainline one day. That is certainly true, I see it creeping in mainline churches, mostly because it is getting more acceptable in Christian television, which I think pastors should discourage people from watching, but that might be just me.

The NEW APOSTOLIC REFORMATION people are getting pretty big now. That is Latter Rain, Dominion theology clear through. But even they don't come near to the extremes of the old Living Word Fellowship. I tend to call John Steven's Living Word WALK 1, and Marilyn's Living Word WALK the sequel.

Date: August 21, 2015 02:45AM

From what I have read, I think what separated Walk 1 (embracing the Latter Rain) from other churches that embraced it was the extreme degree of submission/obedience to the leader(s) required by the living word teaching; maybe that is what set up the LW to become so cultish compared to other charismatic churches.

www.banner.org.uk/res/Chas-Graves-Anointing-Apostasy.pdf

www.deceptpioninthechurch.com/thirdwave

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 21, 2015 03:08AM

That is rich, Apostle Dog. The two phases of the walk: Walk 1 under JRS and Walk 2 (the sequel) under Gary and Marilyn. So which one do you think is the most cultish? Walk1 or Walk2 ?

Each phase can be scrutinized with the cult checklist that Rick Ross has posted on this forum and referred us to.

I think Walk2 is more cultish. For one thing: JRS allowed himself to be exalted. But Marilyn demands it.

Date: August 21, 2015 03:32AM

Paleface, I agree, from what I have heard from reliable sources, I think Walk the sequel is much more cultish. I personally have an opinion as to when the sequel began, the date is uncertain, but I think the old Walk ended and the sequel began when Marilyn snagged the apostle to the kingdom. I think that was quite some time before the divorce from Martha. I have no way of knowing that for certain, but I am giving my opinion on that one. I know for certain that the old Walk ended by the time that Marilyn started participating in the making of the Living Word tapes, he influence was in my opinion getting stronger and stronger as JRS got weaker and weaker, probably from the cancer and the pain meds.

Just a side note: Wasn't John Steven's doctor a member of the Walk? Didn't Marilyn say one time that she didn't allow anybody to touch the body? Did JRS die at a private home or at a hospital? Isn't it a state law in California that if someone dies outside of a hospital they are supposed to have an autopsy? I wonder how she swung that.

Date: August 21, 2015 05:13AM

I made a typo on the last post, I was referring to the time when Marilyn was speaking on the tapes along with John. I feel like John was in a decline and she was setting herself to take over then.

Also, I was not accusing anyone of anything when I asked the question of whether anybody other than a Living Word church member had anything to do with the body of John Robert Stevens. I do believe that had the police, (if they were called) or the ambulance people, (if they were called) knew that there was so much to be gained by the death of such a major church leader, they might want a coroner to take a look at the body. I was under the impression from something Marilyn said at the meeting in L.A. I believe it was, that nobody at all has touched the body, like it had not been embalmed or certainly no autopsy performed. Would that even be legal? Should a closed society like that be able to handle the remains of the leader, or anybody else in the church, such as one of the "little people," should such people be allowed to handle the body with no authorities outside of the closed society investigating? Or was there any investigation?

There is potential for a lot of abuse in such a situation. Not to say that anything illegal happened, I am speaking hypothetically.

Date: August 21, 2015 09:15AM

I'm loving this conversation but frankly I don't see it, that Marilyn influenced JRS that much. This isn't a criticism of your point of view. I happen to think that JRS, after divorcing Martha, wanted to ensure that his LIVING WORD was preserved and perpetuated for eternity. Marilyn, as part of the inner circle and having demonstrated loyalty and possible beholden to JRS for getting her out of her abusive previous marriage, was a most likely candidate for becoming his next spouse and inheriting his assets. She fulfilled her obligation to JRS and carried on with archiving his precious tapes. She may have had her eye on the inheritance, but because JRS decided to go the route of leaving the assets to her rather than setting up a trust fund that was, for example, administered by APCO, he thought he could trust her. She proved trustworthy in preserving the Living Word via the Living Word library. The Walk phase 2 and Marilyn setting herself up as the Lamp falls within the parameters of what JRS believed, that humans can attain god status. It's so fricking crazy you couldn't make this stuff up, and I am glad to hear Apostle Dog that you are praying for her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2015 09:19AM by lily rose.

Date: August 21, 2015 05:42PM

I was somebody that loved a church but did not even know God, that is the way I was when I was in Living Word. Walk 1 disappeared and Walk 2 the sequel came on the scene, I blamed Marilyn, and John Robert Stevens and the absolute insanity of a people that refused to even open their bible who created an idol out of a man and that man ate it up. I was not an idol worshiper as far as John Stevens goes, but i was in a very real sense an idol worshiper because Living Word Fellowship was my idol, that was my church, and I did not know God.

I feel like, if God can snap me out of it, and bring me to my senses, He can do the same with Marilyn, Gary, and whoever wills to walk with God for real. These are terrible times, Christianity is attacked, people are dying, it is down to the wire now. There needs to be a very real church, visible and ready to accept new people, not a bunch of people playing games. It's time for the kingdoms to crumble, and everyone that will repent, better do it now.

I am not just praying for Marilyn, but there are many, many others that are deceived today, thinking that their position and their money and their following has clout with God. God is blowing on all of these kingdoms. It's time for people to start interceding, it's time for a kingdom of priests, not a bunch of half baked prophets and apostles to lord it over innocent people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.