>
> A few examples:
>
> 'My boss is a Jewish carpenter.'
> 'My pastor is a dentist.'
> 'My therapist committed suicide.'
>
> Anyway, just thought I would vent a little. Hope
> everyone has a pleasant, carefree Monday.
> Hang in there!

“Jesus is coming,
…and boy is he pissed”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 06, 2023 02:03AM

A bumper sticker that might be out there somewhere, but I have yet to be made aware of it:

"JRS brought down Satan, but he has since returned."

Date: June 06, 2023 07:19AM

If your life was a movie, what would be its title?

That's a tough one...perhaps 'Prophet Without a Revelation.'

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: June 07, 2023 01:06AM

For those who know TOM KINGKADE, this is a GOFUND.me campaign to help with his transition.

[gofund.me]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2023 01:08AM by kBOY.

Posted by: ghettoleelewis ()
Date: June 08, 2023 11:34AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For those who know TOM KINGKADE, this is a
> GOFUND.me campaign to help with his transition.
>
>
> [gofund.me]

Tom Kingkade stayed over at our house one time. He was really kind, fun and joyful, great sense of humor, and never took himself too seriously. Really love that guy. That's really sad what him and his family are going through. I would donate without a second thought if I wasn't completely broke.

Date: June 08, 2023 09:08PM

I can't recall interacting much with Tom during my 20+ years in TLWF. It's nice to see the close relationship he has with his son, and concern he has for the future of his family. Certainly the right values.

Date: June 09, 2023 02:54AM

From September of 2018:

Posted by: reveal
Date: September 01, 2018 09:52AM
(excerpt)

No organization truly representative of God would do any of the following:

1. Separate people from their biological families because said families have negative opinions about the church.

2. Encourage couples to divorce when one decides to leave the church and the other does not wish to.

3. Fire longtime loyal employees and pastors who dare question anything that Rick or Gary & Marilyn does, and then withhold severance pay unless they sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Clearly, they have much to hide.

4. Command submission of every decision in people's lives to include dating, marriage, having children, where to live, what job to take, to go to University or not, etc. and if people decide not to submit these things, to at a minimum withdraw affection and ostracize them from their church family, or disparage their character, make a pariah out of them, gossip about them and accuse them of *GASP*...an independent spirit. And these are only the least of what I've seen done.

5. Demand unquestioning allegiance to the leaders and place loyalty to them above any other relationship in your life or any sense of right and wrong.

6. Protect and keep in positions of authority a leader who has perpetrated multiple acts of sexual misconduct and harassment and abused church finances for his own personal enjoyment, and expect members to just accept it, while members themselves are held to a much higher standard.

I could go on..

I'd also like to commend TLWF for selecting a troll/monitor of this forum who is so obviously riding the crazy train, is completely devoid of credibility, common sense and not to mention, basic grammar skills. You really only further our point that TLWF is completely devoid of sanity by assigning this type of person to represent you.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 10, 2023 09:46PM

This is an interesting and excellent post from Reveal. Especially since it is about 2 months prior to Shalom’s open letter.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 11, 2023 02:07AM

Reveal wrote in part:

"4.Command submission of every decision in people's lives to include dating, marriage, having children, where to live, what job to take, to go to University or not, etc. and if people decide not to submit these things, to at a minimum withdraw affection and ostracize them from their church family, or disparage their character, make a pariah out of them, gossip about them and accuse them of *GASP*...an independent spirit. And these are only the least of what I've seen done."

At this point, I promise to always fly my independent spirit flag proudly. : )

Date: June 11, 2023 03:33AM

As you should, Reep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.