Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 23, 2023 03:39AM

Yeah, I had the misfortune of offending Marilyn Cleland Holbrook Stevens Hargrave Lamp, and paid dearly for it. Fortunately, part of me remained intact, which enabled me later to write on this forum, along with nephs, Jezebels, bitter blowouts, subnouncers, f8cking musicians and at least a few who are led only by the 'beach spirit.'

Reep wrote:
And God help you if that power hungry person you offended was Marilyn Cleland Holbrook Stevens Hargrave.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 24, 2023 08:30AM

Changedagain wrote:

Fortunately, part of me remained intact, which enabled me later to write on this forum, along with nephs, Jezebels, bitter blowouts, subnouncers, f8cking musicians and at least a few who are led only by the 'beach spirit.'

These are my people too, Changed. I think that at some point, a little part of me deep inside knew what cowardly, evil people the leaders were. Maybe cognitive dissonance and fear kept me in denial. I didn't want to believe my "carnal mind" and all that BS. If anyone is still holding onto The Living Word and "John's word" due to fear, I can say without reservation that life is better as a free human being.

Date: June 25, 2023 10:31PM

What is something you said to another person that was spoken in love, yet was not received that way, due to their insecurity?

I don't want your shit in my inbox.

Date: June 25, 2023 10:31PM

/s

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 25, 2023 11:26PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is something you said to another person
> that was spoken in love, yet was not received that
> way, due to their insecurity?

>

“Just do it for Marilyn”

Date: June 26, 2023 02:06AM

My wife approached Marilyn after a church service in the early 90's, asking for advice. I was having difficulty receiving the "living word" messages that were being brought about "killing the male spirit" at the time, and wasn't sure what to do. She said Marilyn was quiet for quite a while, and then just said "kill him." That was the totality of her so-called "advice."

When I heard about it, I laughed it off, thinking she didn't mean it literally. Now, of course, I'm not so sure. She was one deranged lady, as many of us who have a personal encounter with her can attest.
Note: she didn't like any jokes about her beloved son, as I found out the hard way.

Puddington wrote:
“Just do it for Marilyn”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2023 02:09AM by changedagain.

Date: June 26, 2023 02:11AM

The jokes were about the obvious privilege he enjoyed in the fellowship. I didn't know him personally (thank god).

Date: June 26, 2023 06:25AM

Changedagain wrote:

"What is something you said to another person that was spoken in love, yet was not received that way, due to their insecurity?"

"Keep your spirit in your sneakers."

Actually, Marilyn said that, and I thought that it was pretty uncalled for. Right up there with, "I'm pretty anti woman."

Date: June 26, 2023 06:38AM

Changed, I've thought about that male nature baloney quite a bit. Since women had been targeted for years and years, I think that maybe it was done to upset the apple cart and throw everyone off balance. I clearly remember John Robert Stevens talking very negatively about the "woman spirit", the spirit of Eve, the Jezebel spirit, you name it. I knew that women were crap since my early teens. At least according to religious leaders. Maybe Gary and Marilyn Hargrave just wanted to confuse and disorient us. And that, I believe, is what they did.

Date: June 26, 2023 06:40AM

"Keep your spirit in your sneakers."
-Marilyn

No wonder Nike never hired her to write slogans ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.