Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 14, 2019 09:58PM

Posted by: walknntalkn
Date: May 14, 2019 12:03PM

"I'm eager to hear more about Brazil, Onion. My source there tells me that the split in Monte Siao is a result of the majority of the congregation asking for Silas & Shuma to step down, which your update more or less confirms. However, what is interesting is that Gary has been pushing for this as well, and though he hasn't touched down for some time (he did appear in a "birthday" video that played in service not too long ago), it suggests that a significant portion of the congregation is pro-Hargrave (if anti-Esteves), and that Gary is still pulling strings behind the scenes."

Pulling the strings behind the scenes--this would be in character.
Thanks for sharing this, walkntalkn.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2019 09:59PM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 14, 2019 10:13PM

And this excerpt from "blowout"--

Posted by: Blowout
Date: October 31, 2018

It’s like a novel “heart, ministry, shepherding, spirit, rebellion, apostolic company, mantle, anointing, the Word, prophecy, revelation”?! They use this vocabulary as Newspeak designed to be ambiguous, designed to be fantastical, designed to keep the proles from ever fully understanding the story (because, believe me they really don’t themselves, no one does). It’s designed to keep the mystery alive and give those who have the power even more control over their subjects, ultimately designed to keep money flowing into their corporations. JRS, Gary & Marilyn, Matt & Margo. These people have been living large on their flock for some time. Just look at some of their properties, it’s public information. You think they got these things from the sweat of their brow? Nope. They got it from the people that fell for the JRS fiction, the LRonHubbard-like fully immersive cosplay with real emotional and physical consequences. It’s a disgusting game that the people almost understand they’re playing. What the ones that stay don’t all understand (sometimes refuse to understand), is that it’s a zero-sum game. They don’t win until you lose… that’s how they win, someone loses, an example must be made. Someone has to be excommunicated, someone must split from their family, someone has to bend to the will of the elders, while you’re in it, they win.
“The only winning move is not to play”
I’m so glad it’s no longer a part of my life. I’m so glad my children will never meet the sociopaths. I’m so glad that their castle is crumbling because it’s built on a lie, because it’s built on the blood, sweat, and tears of people who were brainwashed into believing their drivel.
I can only hope this continues and that the whole congregation wakes up, and that every person that has played a part in this fiasco has to go out and find a real job and find a real life, one where they have no control over other people’s lives, one where they must earn trust instead of having it anointed by a crackpot fantasy."

Amen

Date: June 15, 2019 12:20AM

“The only winning move is not to play”

That true--and I strongly encourage anyone presently being pulled into the orbit of Gary, Bruce Larson and company--and whatever new format they have in mind--to not take the bait. For the sake of yourself and loved ones, do something else with the remainder of your life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2019 12:37AM by changedagain.

Date: June 15, 2019 02:31AM

This (below) from that 'little red flag.'
Note: we heard recently from 'huge red flags' (aka fool me twice).

Posted by: that little red flag
Date: March 19, 2019

While we are on the subject, you know what really rankles me?

JRS, Gary, Marilyn, Rick, and others getting away with lying, abuse of clergy, cover-ups, deception, offerings, sexual misconduct, all night prayer, multiple affairs, bad stewardship of funds, breaking up marriages, abandoning children, etc., etc., ad nauseam without any accountability.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2019 02:32AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: June 15, 2019 04:42AM

A friend of mine that's blew out 20+ years back got a friend request from Silas Esteves on FB yesterday. Hmm...

Same friend reminded me of when we were kids, those of us in the church were in "The Walk". Those not In "The Walk" were in "the world". We weren't to affiliate or have relationships with people in "the world". WTF?

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 15, 2019 09:11AM

Ohman?
A friend of mine that's blew out 20+ years back got a friend request from Silas Esteves on FB yesterday. Hmm...

Ohman?, it sounds like Silas may be trying to make up his current FB friend deficit. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2019 09:15AM by Reepicheep.

Date: June 15, 2019 09:56AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Ohman?
A friend of mine that's blew out 20+ years back
got a friend request from Silas Esteves on FB
yesterday. Hmm...

Ohman?, it sounds like Silas may be trying to make
up his current FB friend deficit. ;)

For at least a couple years after leaving the fellowship I would receive a pre-printed card on my birthday allegedly from G & M with the simple message "Thinking of You." I was tempted to respond with "Then Stop It" and return it to sender, but it seemed like too much work at the time. Actually, it still does.
Anyway, I'm not sure how this relates to Silas wanting to replenish his friend list :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2019 10:02AM by changedagain.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: June 15, 2019 10:38AM

My bad- I snooped. Silas has not posted since 2018 - so- I will guess he wants to private message with people to build and alliance. Facebook probably suggested it because of mutual friends.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: June 15, 2019 11:01AM

You are probably right. I don't do FB. I'll stop feeling left out :)

Date: June 15, 2019 11:47AM

NancyB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My bad- I snooped. Silas has not posted since
> 2018--so I will guess he wants to private
> message with people to build an alliance.

Interesting

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.