Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: June 13, 2019 12:40PM

Dear Onion,

I am so happy to see you back and honored to agree with every word you wrote. I stand with you as you express the truth for all of us. You are am amazing advocate.

Quoting Onion:

" the arrogant refusal to even TRY to understand what I was trying to get thru to them just gives me all the more reason to say to those who are choosing to say loyal: BEWARE of letting these f--kers off the hook. That is NOT up to you. That is judgment as seriously as condemning someone as guilty. God is not going to let any crumbs remain after he is done removing these false prophets from their castles of deceit.

Thank you,

NancyB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 13, 2019 12:56PM

Well said, Onion.

The emphasis needs to remain on the former leadership being specifically accountable for the harm they have done in people's lives. Vague apologies are not going to cut it, nor is face-saving resignations. Putting pressure behind the scenes on the wounded to once again trust their abusers ('as unto the Lord') is brazen, even for TLWF. Leave them alone. They'll have a much better chance of healing and getting on with life without your "help."

Date: June 13, 2019 01:19PM

p.s. if you're going to suffer, then suffer according to the will of God. The Walk and TLWF, with its corrupt leadership and long history of treating people inhumanely, was never of God.

"So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.
1st Peter 4:19

Date: June 13, 2019 09:40PM

The necessity of leaving behind twisted teachings ('laying the axe to the root').
This from Tknc:

Posted by: Tknc
Date: June 10, 2019

I was told my whole life because JRS laid hands on me when I was born, that the Spirit was imparted to me and that I too was a prophet. I don't remember meeting him, but I know his voice well from the tapes I heard all my life. My parents left right before he died, they told me they had to pretend to be crazy in order to extract themselves. They did not believe it was a cult until Marilyn "twisted" his mind. They compartmentalized the cult-like aspects of the church and instead of leaving his teaching behind (the core of the cult), they started their own private chapter[/i], an isolated church that was only comprised of my family. My Father was the new JRS and my mom the matriarch.

So yeah, even outside the church, even after he died, My parents kept it alive, continuing the torment.

Date: June 13, 2019 10:20PM

Onion:
Today I read again the letter I sent Gary Hargrave on 10/14/18 where I told him what people were crying out for and suggested he have a meeting with people that would be willing to talk to him about it. No response of course. And please, include in the context of me sending a letter to Gary that I had a several decade relationship with JRS, Gary and Marilyn that was close enough I lived with and helped raise their grandson for 6 years (a treasure to me and only mentioned for context).

This is completely unsurprising.

Date: June 13, 2019 10:33PM

It's not easy confronting apostolic privilege. The backlash is pretty intense.

Date: June 13, 2019 11:54PM

Posted by: fool me twice
Date: June 12, 2019

Seeing those red flags should have happened many years sooner, at least I finally saw them and was no longer a member of "The Church of the Living GasLighters."

The Church of the Living Gaslighters...oh my.
TCLG?

Date: June 13, 2019 11:57PM

Google search:
"Gaslighting" is used to describe abusive behavior, specifically when an abuser manipulates information in such a way as to make a victim question his or her sanity. Gaslighting intentionally makes someone doubt their memories or perception of reality.

Yeah, that applies :)

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: June 14, 2019 09:21AM

Noticed Zalkin has video of interview on YouTube. Don't know how to post links but check it out. Maybe we could get a few views. If anybody were interested in that sort of thing. Views, that is

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2019 09:24AM by Ohman?.

Date: June 14, 2019 10:42AM

I'll talk to changed. He is obviously obsessed with that sort of thing. Thanks for the heads up, Ohman?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.