Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 10, 2019 03:13AM

I guess the point that was being pushed...is that whatever wrongdoing was going on in the fellowship, G & M were not a part of it and not aware of it...otherwise they would have put a stop to it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 10, 2019 03:18AM

NancyB Wrote:

> Sickening isn't it? Some have posted about M & G
> having people write down and submit their sins in
> various ways.

Yes, gaining leverage.

Date: June 10, 2019 03:29AM

I write from my experience--dealing with other types of abuse,
much of it originating from the teaching and example of G & M.

To date I have posted 1835 comments on this forum. I have received feedback through the years that suggests a few of them may have been helpful :)

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: June 10, 2019 10:18AM

Interesting. m-m-m?

I have heard over and over how M & G bragged about their s*x lives - really! No appropriate to share over the pulpit - se& was certainly on their minds. Want to pm me your thinking, changed?

Date: June 10, 2019 12:32PM

No thanks.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 10, 2019 08:21PM

changedagain
I guess the point that was being pushed...is that whatever wrongdoing was going on in the fellowship, G & M were not a part of it and not aware of it...otherwise they would have put a stop to it.

That's laughable. When JRS and/or G&M found out about sexual abuse, they were happy to cover it up or blame and intimidate the victim. And if it was abuse by a "ministry" or family member (or themselved), the victim would be banished and called a liar. It seems that Marilyn was one of the good old boys. Come to think of it, she did say, "I'm pretty anti-woman". You can't make this stuff up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 08:28PM by Reepicheep.

Date: June 10, 2019 09:27PM

P.S. The problem for most of us who heard some of these reports back in the day was that we BELIEVED JRS/G&M. Sort of like the remaining "TLWF true believers" who won't read the accounts of abuse on Facebook and elsewhere. It is a hard step to take. I understand. The years and totality of self invested are cruel and criminal in light of the fact that the leaders are nothing but con men who don't care about the people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 09:29PM by Reepicheep.

Date: June 10, 2019 09:47PM

Reep wrote:
P.S. The problem for most of us who heard some of these reports back in the day was that we BELIEVED JRS/G&M. Sort of like the remaining "TLWF true believers" who won't read the accounts of abuse on Facebook and elsewhere. It is a hard step to take. I understand. The years and totality of self invested are cruel and criminal in light of the fact that the leaders are nothing but con men who don't care about the people.

True. And like every other scandalous situation going back in TLWF/Walk history, they'll look for a way to pin the blame for their transgressions upon others.
Wasn't John ensconced in the Shiloh compound during the time period the mine scam was being dealt with by law enforcement (mid-late 70's)? I think someone went to prison, but it wasn't him. He was busy bringing forth the Kingdom of God /s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 09:49PM by changedagain.

Date: June 10, 2019 10:33PM

changedagain
Wasn't John ensconced in the Shiloh compound during the time period the mine scam was being dealt with by law enforcement (mid-late 70's)? I think someone went to prison, but it wasn't him. He was busy bringing forth the Kingdom of God

That's very possible, changed. I never heard more about the mine until a couple of years ago when some survivors shared their experiences. Anything that went south with the people's money was blamed on others. How could the Apostle to the Kingdom with such a word of wisdom and knowledge be tricked by so many evil people? (Hint: JRS was at fault. The others were scapegoats.)

Gary, on the other hand, simply fixed the legal structure so that he would never have to explain where the money went to ANYONE!

Date: June 10, 2019 10:45PM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Gary, on the other hand, simply fixed the legal
> structure so that he would never have to explain
> where the money went to ANYONE!

True, while everyone else was being intensely monitored for any fiduciary or other shenanigans ('Fred and Ethel' books).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.