Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 17, 2016 10:33PM

Sometimes I try to think that just maybe, MAYBE, it was not such a cult till JRS married the evil thing from hell and died and all that. But you know something, it has really settled in my mind, what the Walk became is the FRUIT OF A BAD TREE. I think it would have been just as well if JRS had just been aborted.

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the greatest among these were the apostles.
> And among the apostles, there was The Apostle, The
> Door Opener, the One ushering in the Kingdom Age
> with a Living Word, Christ in the Flesh, destined
> to enter into Resurrection Life with many sons to
> follow...(assuming they were obedient, and violent
> enough in their intercessory prayers to break
> through every restraint).
> And then there was The Apostle's perfect other
> half, who alone, understood how to properly apply
> his Word--and kill what needed to be killed to
> ensure a perfect atmosphere for The Apostle
> and...
> I have a headache. I'll try to complete this
> thought sometime later today, or never.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 18, 2016 02:14AM

kBOY Wrote:
> For all you slackers out there . . .
>
> "Devote Yourself to God's Kingdom"
>
> [www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]
> te-yourself-to-gods-kingdom/
>
> This, of course, is code for, 'don't even think
> about leaving TLW'
, and 'get your act/ass
> together and pitch in even harder'
>
> Wonders (or lack thereof) never cease.

This is deadly. It puts more pressure on the people who already have given there best. The futility of it is causing bad bad stuff.

Date: March 18, 2016 02:20AM

kd87 Wrote:
> Nice to meet you, Cloudwatcher. I like your user
> name. Thanks for the powerful evocation of how the
> church made you feel worthless. I could totally
> see that in my mom, this constant anxiety and
> desperate attempt to better please the powers.
> Crazy stuff. Do you remember the song that went,
> "the fig tree that bore no fruit is gone.."? That
> stuck with me all these years, since I first heard
> it as a kid. It felt like a threat.

It was a threat. The LW is always a threat to your mental health, your family, your livelihood. That constant anxiety was my life. But it continues for people under it who can scarce afford another letdown. It is not right. I am sorry you witnessed the desperation. I hope your mom got out soon enough to actually have a life. So many did not and are either dead or still enduring the floggings that always come following some inspiring word. The circle comes round and you know you are screwed. Thanks for joining the forum. There is strength in numbers and strength is what I need right now as I watch the catapult pummel what is near and dear to me.

And thanks for the kudos on the name. Someone needs to watch the cloud in case Marilyn the warrior queen and Jesus, maybe even Moses or some cool dude like David, need to bring judgement on the posters in this forum. Damn us all--NOT.

All love to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 02:31AM by Cloudwatcher.

Date: March 18, 2016 02:29AM

Well, I don't know why it still seems important to me to know how to feel about some of these old guys, like in my last post I said that about JRS, actually, i can't judge anybody, because if the world would have been better if JRS had been aborted, it certainly would be better had I been aborted too.

All in all, JRS was just a guy, and he should have always realize that. Jesus Christ does not NEED anybody to do anything. He has and will and can pull it all off without any special anointing from anybody.

it would have been better off for a lot of people had JRS just not let this all go to his head. He was probably a pretty good pastor at heart, but the truth is, it is really impossible not to get the big head when people are always telling you how important you are.

I think the followers are just as guilty really as the leaders when it came to that. The truth is, whether somebody LETS somebody worship them or if somebody DEMANDS that somebody worship them, it is still idolatry if somebody is stupid enough to worship them.

Posted by: TheSarge ()
Date: March 18, 2016 03:55AM

I suspect what I'm about to contribute will not set well with the current posters, but I'd like to express my paradigm anyway.

When I first joined The Walk, I was a 16 year old who already had an independent walk with God. I sought a fellowship that thought about God like me (for the most part). I didn't see the 5-fold ministry as a hierarchy but as parts of the Body -- every joint supplying I never saw any of them having a deeper nor better walk with God than me. God spoke to me and I sought confirmation. Likewisr, I weighed any word spoken to me and sought confirmation. When it wasn't confirmed to me, I didn't follow it.

I also considered every vessel imperfect, because they were human, like me. So when I left, I saw the humanity more than God''s presence. He was still talking to me, since He told me to leave. But I don't see every Word JRS gave as a lie or deception. I did not take every Word given me as the only truth. And I wasn't accountable for anyone else''s walk.

I still believe in gifts of the Spirit and anointing and laying on of hands. I do think from the time we didn't see JRS any more, all the backroom politics were happening that first manifested as splitting up spouses then G&M married, then the horse and pony show began. And exclusivity began, and it broke my heart to see people being accused of being disloyal. When my spouse began drinking the kool-aid, I was out.

Date: March 18, 2016 04:19AM

Wrong Sarge. Yours is a very good post. It shows the importance of knowing the bible being able to think critically concerning what you hear. Unfortunately, far too many had no knowledge of the bible and had a unfavorable opinion of Christianity when they first came in. Uneducated in what the scriptures actually say, we were like little birds swallowing whatever we received whole and without being able to detect the poison but as you point out, it was not all poison.

Please keep posting. There is much to be learned from all who share the experience of being in that environment; especially those who knew to save themselves and leave.

The only thing I would say is that things got bad before JRS's death and we all know why. But after? It was insanity from day one.

Date: March 18, 2016 06:14AM

I think I brought this up before. But there are a couple of messages by John Robert Stevens, I'll try when I have time to show you exactly which living word site and the names, but one of the messages I know for certain that John Stevens either intentionally twisted everything to SEEMINGLY prove that HIS WORDS the LIVING WORD was in fact the words of God. I said what you think I said. He either deceived himself that much, or he was an intentional deceiver himself. I have many issues now and I won't look for it now. But you can find them, they are right there together, and you will probably be able to tell by the title. That is why i am not sure what to think about JRS. I know about those to devils that took his place.

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
> Wrong Sarge. Yours is a very good post. It shows
> the importance of knowing the bible being able to
> think critically concerning what you hear.
> Unfortunately, far too many had no knowledge of
> the bible and had a unfavorable opinion of
> Christianity when they first came in. Uneducated
> in what the scriptures actually say, we were like
> little birds swallowing whatever we received whole
> and without being able to detect the poison but as
> you point out, it was not all poison.
>
> Please keep posting. There is much to be learned
> from all who share the experience of being in that
> environment; especially those who knew to save
> themselves and leave.
>
> The only thing I would say is that things got bad
> before JRS's death and we all know why. But after?
> It was insanity from day one.

Date: March 18, 2016 06:21AM

Below in the website "THE TEACHINGS OF JOHN ROBERT STEVENS" you will see a way to turn on this tape called AND THE WORD WAS GOD. lISTEN TO IT CAREFULLY. JOHN ROBERT STEVENS SAID and with his twisted logic to untrained basically children that HIS WORDS WAS GOD SPEAKING. I am serious. Below is the name of the video. It proves that JRS was either a deceived man himself, or he was a deceiver.

“…And The Word Was God”

The living Word, when heard with faith, will reveal the Lord to the listener, like Jesus said of the Scriptures, “They testify of Me.” The living Word should not open up a conflict of doctrine. It should open up a walk with God. This tape includes a definition of the living Word.
Duration: 33:34 minutes

33:30

“…And the Word Was God” is an audio release. C

Date: March 18, 2016 08:06AM

KD87,,,you said : Hi Friends. I was a child in the walk, in Redlands mostly, in the late 70s (starting with Fallbrook) and early 80s. As bratty, rebellious teenager, I one day refused to go to church again.

I was just thinking about that, and I got to laughing. I was a bratty, rebellious, womanizing, doper, drunk, THIRTY YEAR OLD, so naturally, you know what they did,

they set me the ministry...............

Posted by: kd87 ()
Date: March 18, 2016 10:55AM

I know our church was boozy as can be. Being "radical" was encouraged. I'm sure you were just right for the job! Ha, ha.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.