Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 28, 2015 11:29AM

Well, I said it before and I'll say it again, this next phase of the walk should really be something. I have got to tell you that I expect anything, I already said that there are no police or anybody involved that I know of, it could be that Marilyn isn't dead, (I know, I know, not another Elvis/Michale Jackon/Jim Morrisn et.is not dead thang) no, hear me out. What if they have their by invitation only funeral at Shiloh and she comes back to life after spending a few weeks in Heaven being ministered to by God Himself, Jesus Himself, Moses, Elijah, Martin Luther, and especially, for the Living Word crowd, by JOHN himself. That last one would be the most important for the Living Word crew.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: October 29, 2015 12:07AM

I've been lurking here for a long time.

This morning I heard Adele's "Hello" for the first time. (yeah I live under a rock). At the risk of being a 60 year old teenager, I wanted share this song as my explanation of how I feel about the Walk, and how I feel after reading posts here, all these decades later.

For me, this song becomes my prayer really. Google the lyrics and listen to the song and pray a prayer with me. A prayer of reconciliation, of intercession. God, to answer that prayer, that would be a miracle.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 29, 2015 02:31AM

>
> Gary's comments--"Marilyn never planned to go to the other side of the veil,
> not until the Lord appeared and made His will
> known. He took her into the next phase of who she
> is and us into the next phase of His plan to bring
> His Kingdom on earth."

What is the Kingdom of God? Where is it found?

It is found every time a prophetic voice is raised against injustice, every time an enemy is embraced, every time an offense is forgiven, every time the least among us is lifted up, every time the law and the prophets are summed up by love.--Caputo, "What Would Jesus Deconstruct?" page 138.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2015 02:36AM by lily rose.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 29, 2015 01:58PM

40yearsin2016 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been lurking here for a long time.
>
> This morning I heard Adele's "Hello" for the first
> time. (yeah I live under a rock). At the risk of
> being a 60 year old teenager, I wanted share this
> song as my explanation of how I feel about the
> Walk, and how I feel after reading posts here, all
> these decades later.
>
> For me, this song becomes my prayer really.
> Google the lyrics and listen to the song and pray
> a prayer with me. A prayer of reconciliation, of
> intercession. God, to answer that prayer, that
> would be a miracle.

Sure, I'll join with you. Your post was a beautiful expression. Stop lurking.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: October 29, 2015 02:05PM

Apostle Dog, do you put medication on your Cheerios?
I mean, no worries, but really? Dead Marilyn resurrection conspiracy?
She's had cancer for years. I think we can all just let her be dead.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 29, 2015 07:42PM

This is the song that reminds me of my time in the Walk. Especially the last verse: "And after all the violence and double talk, there's just a song in the trouble and the strive, you do the Walk, you do the walk of life."

[youtu.be]

Date: October 29, 2015 08:25PM

AP: thanks for the youtube link, never heard that song quite that way before - yea, I sure do get it... life, does go on. We`re definately ``on the other side``.

Date: October 29, 2015 10:08PM

Lily Rose:
Yes, I'll stop lurking - want to assure you there's more than 3 people reading your posts... (I know that for a fact :>)

JRS and Latter Rain:
JRS taught latter rain because that was his heritage. At the time he discounted it but if you look carefully at the names of the "saints" that he frequently dropped, they were all latter rain. I've come to understand that the revelation that JRS wanted everyone to believe was his uniquely was not unique - but boy it sure was real to him, and boy could he preach!

JRS's gift of Knowledge:
I'm not sold on this one. JRS laid hands on me only once (1980?). His word that night was saw dust - it haunted me for a decade trying to figure it out what the hell he was talking about. I would have preferred that he’d just offered me his blessing.

JRS a womanizer:
I have no personal experience with this one - people I trust who did, have told me there was no truth to it. He was a drunk though. At the time when I asked the same trusted source "why didn't you tell us", the answer was "we didn't see it as important" - wow, I'm still stunned over that... it's part of why/how I left.

G&M influence over JRS:
The LW changed after 1978 or so – especially after 1979, “the unfolding” etc. That was when I first heard Marilyn’s name. I never could figure out what exactly was going on at the time. My pastor told us in private that he’d been “shielding” us from some of the stuff that was going on at LW in LA, he refused to tell us anything more than that and then we prayed for them. Was it Marilyn, the drinking or both? Nearly 40 years on, does it really make a difference? I’ve often wondered what the Walk would have looked like today if John had lived longer... ??? I don't think so.

G&M: forgiveness, errors (you’re very gracious)
Later Marilyn personally destroyed the lives of dozens of people I care deeply about. Gary, to me, was always a puppet – my 1st wife called him the guy in the really tight blue jeans.
He was a puppet for JRS and he continued that role when he married Marilyn. G&M have never had any kind of hold over me. My pastor (god bless him), told me once he’d forgiven them. I haven’t been able to get that far...

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 29, 2015 10:55PM

Thanks for your input, 40yearsin2016. Your posts are substantive...you know, as opposed to most of mine :)
Hope you continue to be involved here.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 30, 2015 12:27AM

40yearsin2016 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I have a similar perspective.

> G&M: forgiveness, errors (you’re very
> gracious)
> Later Marilyn personally destroyed the lives of
> dozens of people I care deeply about. Gary, to
> me, was always a puppet – my 1st wife called him
> the guy in the really tight blue jeans.
> He was a puppet for JRS and he continued that role
> when he married Marilyn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.