Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 25, 2015 09:36AM

AD, in answer to your question, I don't know the date of the funeral. I'm sure she will be buried in Shiloh so maybe there will be an announcement in the Kalona news.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 25, 2015 10:26AM

Well, it's been three days. I'll check next month and see if they make an announcement.

Date: October 25, 2015 01:19PM

Judging from the answer that I got from somebody in the fellowhship, I do not believe there either will be no funeral, and if there is, there will certainly be no viewing of the body, and there will be no autopsy, there will be no county coroner involved,, UNLESS SOMEBODY REPORTS IT) just a closed coffin burried at Shiloh, next to another grave. BTW, was there a viewing when JRS died, a coroner involved, an autopsy, anybody involved besides a doctor that was a member of the church?

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: October 25, 2015 09:56PM

Saw enough posted in part on September 12, 2015 at 12:31AM: "By cutting people off from their personal relationship with the Lord and mocking their seeking of God as looking to "God in the sky" or "God in your brain" -- they installed themselves as the representatives of Christ-in-the-flesh to whom people had to submit."

Apostle Dog posted in part on October 23, 2015 at 09:27AM: " I read what Gary said on Facebook about Marilyn praying constantly the last few weeks of her life."

---------

When the chips are on the table or you're in the trenches with incoming mortars from all directions, even the elite turn to the Creator God of the Universe in prayer. I would like to think Marilyn threw out all the Living Word Conditioning in favor of a "Personal one on one relationship with God in the Sky" at the end.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:16PM

lily rose – The Lamp of Israel was a reference to David in 2 Samuel 21:15-17. David had become exhausted in battle and had to be rescued by his men. David’s men swore that “Never again will you go out with us to battle, so that the lamp of Israel will not be extinguished.” According to Exodus 27:20-21, the lamp was symbolic of the presence of the Lord with His people and that later became symbolized in David as he was anointed king. David’s mighty men understood that God’s presence and victory upon Israel was tied to David, and if something happened to him, God’s presence would no longer be with them. Fortunately, when David died, that was not the case. We see out of David’s linage the true light of the world, which of course is Jesus. There is no possibility of his reign ever ending or His lamp ever being extinguished.

When John died, Marilyn was called the Lamp of Israel, as one who would carry on the anointing that had been on John. There was talk of her being the witness of the Holy Spirit or actually the Holy Spirit, as there had been about John being Christ in the flesh. Not everyone was saying it, or actually believed it – but it was out there. It was also discussed that if something happened to her, it would be the end of the road for TLWF – just as was said about David. God in his grace had given TLWF an extended window to break into resurrection life. Marilyn said that John had died as a result of the rebellion of his sons – ensuring a new level of submission to her. (Perhaps TLWF could add the service where all the ministries married her to their website. I’m sure that will bring in the people. :)

Like many others, I now find it almost humorous when small sects of “Christianity” cheerfully consign the rest of the world to God’s judgment, who lack their inside revelation and elite status. My greatest doctrinal issue with TLWF and John’s teaching is the implication that Christ did not accomplish on the cross what he was sent here to do. In essence saying, “I am greater than Jesus, and none of this will work without me.” Jesus’ teaching doesn’t need a door opener or special lamp to work - it just needs to be obeyed. All the sonship stuff naturally starts working when there is not a secondhand relationship through another human that waters it down. John started down that road until he allowed someone else to become God to him. “You have one, and it’s the Christ – and you are all brothers” is critical teaching. Jesus came to announce the kingdom, not predict it. From the time of the early church, people have already been moving in the kingdom and it didn’t require 1979 or some fictitious ministry for them to do so. Teaching that we are not in the kingdom until we overcome death on this side of the veil was made up in TLWF, not from Jesus'words.

Date: October 26, 2015 06:58AM

Well, there is nothing in the Kalona news, nothing in the obits in L.A. I don't think Marilyn is dead, I think she retired and there is a chunk of money missing. I think Gary is going to take his exit too, and Living Word Fellowship is going to be repenting till they get a revelation of it.

Hargrave has already been to a church service and brought a word all about how Marilyn left all these instructions yada yada.

Posted by: slandjt ()
Date: October 26, 2015 08:24AM

AP - It look quick a while for me to have courage enough to post on this website. Please don't attempt to personalize this website by asking me what church I was in. Anonymity is of utmost importance to me. Thank you.

Date: October 26, 2015 08:29AM

Israel wanted a king over them, in fact, they demanded to have a king over them, and even when Samuel told them that they already had a King over them, that king being God, they scoffed because they could not see that king, they wanted a flesh and blood king over them, not that invisible king. So they got what they desired.

Does that sound familiar?

When those "shepherds" tell them not to pray to that invisible God in the sky or in their head, but to submit to their flesh and blood shepherds, they are telling to do exactly what they prefer to do. They want that, they wanted it to begin with, when they exalted John, then when they exalted the dynamic duo, and they will continue to do it, and God will continue to provide for them their Saul wherever they go, if they leave the Living Word or not, until they seek God instead of seeking a man to bow to.

Date: October 26, 2015 08:53AM

Larry - Thanks for your kind response to my post, which was so difficult to write in the first place. I appreciate your perspective and understanding throughout this forum. I skim over many of the messages written here because they contain so much speculation and frivolity (obviously in my humble opinion). It's just not what I'm looking for. I hasten to add that there is absolutely nothing wrong with speculation and frivolity and I hold no one in judgment for anything that is written in this forum. We all have our own stories to tell and the right to tell our story in our own way.

I so appreciated Paleface's September 19 response to my post which I copied in pertinent part below. You so well capsulated what I did not know how to put into words. I am so appreciative.

"I think for some of us the hurt goes very deep. We came in by our own choice in our teens and 20's. These are very formative years for a young adult. We opened up deep. We swallowed the whole enchilada. . . . But those that chose the Walk. We thought we had found nirvana. We invested everything. I think that's why the hurt is deep and more difficult to heal from."

Date: October 26, 2015 09:35AM

I too have mixed emotions about Marilyn's death. Gary's announcement about Marilyn's passing said in part: "I, along with my family, want you to know that my wife Marilyn passed away this morning." I can't help but think about the family he left behind to marry Marilyn. Remember Donna Hargrave and their infant daughter Dawn? Gary made the excuse that he and Donna were "unequally yoked" and that was supposed to make it okay for him to be involved with Marilyn. Gary ultimately severed his parental rights to his own daughter.

The "unequally yoked" excuse was used to end many marriages in the Walk and I decry that "spiritual" tactic that left so many families in tatters.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.