> unless the person making the post completly
> identifies themself and provides scriptural
> references to back their statements?
>
> I do not recall that being a requirement of this
> forum. As ex-cult members, yes are posts will
> sound biased and yes, most of them will sound
> critical of the LW leadership. This is because
> most of us received significant harm by the LW.

PF- You have twisted my comment. In response to your first paragraph question, no I didn't state that for a post to be credible one has to self identify and cite a scripture. To be clear I am repeating that, no I didn't state that for a post to be credible one has to self identify and cite a scripture. I stated why I thought Mike Sthuler was credible. Again, to be clear, I stated why I though Mike Sthuler was credible.

Regarding your second paragraph, I know that there is no requirement to self identify on this forum and I don't recommend it. I think for some folks to speak out, they need a screen name. When folks post their stories about the harm they received they have every right to be critical of the treatment and their stories speak volumes about deficiencies in the leadership.

Sorry PF. I wasn't trying to push anyone's buttons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2015 09:55AM by lily rose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 24, 2015 11:00AM

Lily Rose I take what you said as good advice. I have thought about it some and I think that sometimes when considering people, how they think, why they do what they do, it's not simple as math, sometimes one and one does not equal two, people do some strange things and sometimes the reason is not obvious at all. That is when people tend to speculate, and I know that I am guilty of that at time. I'm gonna work on that a little harder.

While I have this thing going, I'm gonna start another subject here. In my last post, I said I was quoting someone, but that is actually a cut and paste, it is from Factnet Shiloh Kalona Iowa cult message #359, so you can see that it was written by someone else. It shows the thinking of an individual in Living Word Fellowship, that thinks that Mike is the one that is under deception for leaving the Walk. This person thinks that the Living Word material is being held and protected from someone that is trying to destroy it, until the world is ready to receive it I assume, because they certainly are not trying to get it out there very hard. That message there sums up the severe paranoia of the members, and also it shows that they are suffering from delusions of grandeur, that they believe that without them, God's kingdom will not come, and that God can do nothing in the earth without them.

This is not just bad theology, it is insanity, mass insanity.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: October 24, 2015 11:48AM

Thank you LR and AD. All excellent posts.

Date: October 24, 2015 11:59AM

I am not going to get into who might have started these practices, but I believe that Living Word Fellowship, and other cults as well, deliberately set about to brainwash people to the point of mental illness and then with purpose keep people in that state for as long as possible, sometimes, for the rest of their lives.

Look up the terms: Magical thinking, paranoia, illusions of grandeur, psychopathy, neurosis.

There are others too, but right off the top of my head this is what I see UNFOLDING. I think the ones that are picked to shepherd the people are the ones that show signs of psychopathy. The ones that are eternally in the flock of sheep, are people that show signs of neurosis. I think the leaders have delusions of grandeur, and the people in the flock have low self-esteem, and those people are worked on to the point that they have no self-esteem and they believe that they can-not survive without the leading of their psychotic shepherds. The sheep even believe that their thoughts are dangerous and the start weighing all their thoughts, to the point that every time they have a thought that their leaders might be wrong, they believe that they are on the edge of committing blasphemy.

For the leadership commit such mental cruelty, instead of helping people snap out of it and mature, this is an atrocity. This is not Christianity, it's a crime.

Any real pastor that I know, and I know a few, any of them, if they heard someone say something like that unknown poster said, they would speak with that person's family, they would strongly suggest that person get psychiatric help. None of them would encourage such an attitude in their congregations. And that is what Living Word Fellowship, at least the part of it on the west coast did, and this is what they apparently still do.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 24, 2015 12:34PM

AD the post reminded me that I was brought into the Walk by a co-worker who at one time had been married to the CEO of the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang. So one of my questions to my co-worker was do some folks leave the church and my co-worker said if they do then then are in deception. When I pursued what that was all about my co-worker got angry so I dropped the questioning. Should have been a RED FLAG to me on my first day of attending a service.

Date: October 24, 2015 03:50PM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not going to get into who might have started
> these practices, but I believe that Living Word
> Fellowship, and other cults as well, deliberately
> set about to brainwash people to the point of
> mental illness and then with purpose keep people
> in that state for as long as possible, sometimes,
> for the rest of their lives.
>
> _________________________________________________________________

Yeah. Consider the paranoid ramblings such as are you one of us or they were never one of us, the unknown nephilim forces that never quite came into being, the electronic devices, particularly all those tape recorders/CD players, the anxieties about never measuring up, resurrection life anxiety, anxiety about not walking in the Word spoken over you, depression and self medicating with booze.

Date: October 25, 2015 04:12AM

larry bobo Wrote:
> I find myself with mixed feelings over Marilyn’s
> passing. Naturally, my heart goes out to her
> family and friends that are now grieving – I
> don’t like to see anyone suffer. Most of those
> I’ve talked with, share the same feeling. Even
> those who were kicked to the curb like trash for
> disagreeing with her – whose lives no longer
> mattered even after decades of service - still
> remain empathetic towards her.

After Jan Lane posted a few months back that G&M stopped attending services and about Jesus forgiving M based upon her repentance, I thought possibly the end was coming soon for M dying from cancer.

If what the cult experts say is true about a cult leader brainwashing and creating their own clones, then possibly M was a brainwashed clone who didn't stand much of a chance of repenting. On the other hand, with God all things are possible so when AD shared what he read on Facebook that G said M was praying 24/7 the last couple weeks of her life, hopefully the spell was broken and she got some clarity. And hearing that folks who were damaged remained empathetic towards her says a lot to me about how forgiveness is connected to healing.

Larry, can you please clarify your statement about having the holy spirit in the Lamp of Israel? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2015 04:17AM by lily rose.

Date: October 25, 2015 06:26AM

Well, does anybody have any information of whether they are going to bury Marilyn or not? Even the guy that I know that is still in the Walk has no idea.

Date: October 25, 2015 09:07AM

[www.thelivingword.org]

Gary's announcement about Marilyn's passing 10/21/15.

Date: October 25, 2015 09:27AM

lily rose Wrote:
> [www.thelivingword.org]
> ebsites/gary-and-marilyn-hargrave/
>
> Gary's announcement about Marilyn's passing
> 10/21/15.

Lily Rose, I have looked at that announcement several times trying to see if they added anything to it as to when or if they were going to have a funeral. But, if it is on that site, I sure didn't navigate to it. Do you know the date or place of the funeral? I seem to be missing it. Like I said, a friend of mine, a guy that used to be in the Detroit Church, then he was in the church in my house for a while, and now he is in Palmer Lake, he don't know either. He has been a member for way over thirty years, and he should know if it is being announced to the members. I am just curious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.