Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 27, 2015 01:38PM

Lily Rose, that is true, the early church did not have all of the manipulation, I would add, they did not have all of the politics. I have been in a few churches since the Living Word Fellowship, and there are politics in all of them, that is the nature of the beast, sadly. But I have never seen the sort of politics played anywhere else. The thing that bothers me so much, after all of these years, is that the Walk was represented as just the opposite of that. Just like the idea that the 'ministries' were COMMISSIONED rather than in a position, that is just a joke. What about the massive wealth the leaders at the very top accumulate for themselves? That is one of the bones of contention that I have with the fake television preachers, but you can see it right there at Living Word. And go right back to the start, to john Robert Stevens himself, how much wealth did he have, although I would venture to say it was downplayed some, common sense tells me that she inherited great wealth from JRS, and where did he get it?

But that is all in the past, still Living Word Fellowship can change. The people themselves can demand that the leadership change, they can vote with their feet, they can leave, and then the leadership can see their empire crumble, and then if they repent, that is great, but if they do not, then they can find themselves becoming "little people" like everybody else.

They had better repent, because the day is fast approaching when we all with stand before the true head of all the churches, and the people that support such an aristocracy, such a warped, hypocritical regime, will have to answer for the time and resources they have contributed to such an empire.

I regret the time I spent there, I repent for what a mess my participation in that thing we believed was the restoration of the church, because it affected me, it made me warped, and it made me blind to the beautiful people out here in "Babylon" that have their hand to the plow every day, living a real, walk with God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 27, 2015 02:46PM

One last thing. I didn't mean by my last post, that I had found the perfect church, I don't know if there is such an animal. I don't know if there has ever been such a thing, not yet anyway. What I have discovered is there is politics wherever there are men, there is an agenda where-ever you go. My only gripe about Living Word, is I thought it was different. I thought I was different. But I was not.

If you want to find christ, you will find Him in the midst of the congregation, worshiping the Father, you don't have to look any farther than that, forget what goes on at the pulpit, you usually won't find Him there. It takes too much climbing and scratching and kissing up and politicking to get there. No, if you want to find people walking with God, look at the "little people."

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 28, 2015 12:57AM

Apostle Dog wrote in part: "One last thing. I didn't mean by my last post, that I had found the perfect church, I don't know if there is such an animal."

--------------------------------------

Earthly leaders say, "This will be a movement without leaders," but as long as these leaders remain on earth their statement has very little chance of being fulfilled. It's an inherent malfunction so to speak.

Jesus tells Nicodemus, "You must become spiritual" and later on Jesus says, "I'm leaving so that you'll have to become spiritual."

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:54AM

On 9/14/15 Molly wrote on the other strand list, "What cult were you in?" that she was seeking advice for how to find a "real church." Remember Molly.. where the church left her when her pastor told the congregation to take a road trip.

It's good to know there are options if you are seeking a church without cultish entrapments, bravado and blow-hards. If you are interested in community, there are websites to assist in locating authentic new testament style churches by searching for "organic churches." I hope I didn't get myself thrown off this forum by partially answering Molly's question.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:03PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can recall being in the LW and being taught that to deny that
> Christ had come in the flesh" was to deny Jesus.

If the Hargraves are an example, then yes, I am denying that Christ has come in the flesh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2015 09:06PM by changedagain.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:13PM

BTW, at the time of the establishment of Hargrave Family Ministries, over a year before John's death, was the 'family' simply Gary? Were others involved?
I've never heard of a family consisting of one person.

Date: September 29, 2015 02:08AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW, at the time of the establishment of Hargrave
> Family Ministries, over a year before John's
> death, was the 'family' simply Gary? Were others
> involved?
> I've never heard of a family consisting of one
> person.

Perhaps Gary and Marilyn knew a year before when JRS was going to die, (prophetically of course, how else?) and of course, they would know they were going to be married eventually, again, prophetically, ...............

Date: September 29, 2015 06:33AM

It looks like LWF doesn't sell their tapes to just anybody. I ordered one, but when I checked my bank account, the money was never taken out. Then I went back and tried to get an account with them, and that just aint happening.

It seems that nothing much has changed with them. They would actually make money if they started selling their products to the public, there are enough fruitcake ministries and people out here now days that the LWF stuff would make a big impression if they weren't so paranoid, but I guess paranoia comes with the territory.

Date: September 30, 2015 05:55AM

Sometimes when I am in a restaurant and I feel like the meal is a little slow coming, what I do is make a phone call or put in a stick of gum and lo and behold there comes the waitress. Just as soon as I said I thought Living Word would not deliver the tape, it came in the mail. I stand rebuked. I was wrong. They ARE sending out tapes to non-members after all.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 30, 2015 07:39AM

Did you get a tape or a CD? I thought they were only selling CDs now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.