Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 05, 2015 01:38AM

I dug a little deeper into what the scriptures say about false prophets, false teachers, heretics, wolves in sheep clothing etc. who spiritually destroy God's people and how we should respond to the wolves who deceived us.

In the OT (DT13:6-9;17:2-5) according to God's law given to Moses, Elijah murdered the false prophets of Baal; while, according to the NT (Mat5:44) there is no such command from God and we are prohibited from murder although God does command us to reject and avoid the wolves (Mat24:23-24). There's a story that the Apostle John upon encountering a false teacher named Cerinthus in a bathhouse, ran out of the bathhouse yelling and calling Cerinthus out as a deceiver (there are different accounts regarding the strong language used by John.)

In the writings of the NT historian Josephus, there were accounts of false teachers being killed but it was not clear if believers were involved.

Also, in the NT, we find that the false teachers were identified by their names.

So, although the NT doesn't specifically say to pray for wolves, according to the scriptures it would appear that believers should pray for their enemies that their eyes be open to the truth of where their deception will lead them and to call them out by name for spiritually destroying God's people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 05, 2015 01:44AM

I would imagine that when or if the word went out from Marilyn for everybody in the outer churches to move there, the people that felt like there was something to continue, when the leaders of those churches crawled out to her to serve her, I imagine if they were not just fed up with the mind games of the outer churches too, they all went to church somewhere, or served God after a while of recovery, like maybe thirty years, they might have gotten over the Living Word cult.

I have prayed for the current leaders, but I won't any more. I know that Jezebel does not repent. John Robert Stevens, in many ways was like Elijah, origionally. This Jezebel though really didn't have an Ahab, a king to rule as he is directed by herself, so she went right after Elijah in a different way this time. This particular Elijah had a weakness, he needed to be adored, worshiped, he loved that center stage attention. He was in many ways a good man, it was just that he had to have that adoration, so this Jezebel went after him at that weak point. She posed as a woman that dedicated her life to preserving every single word that this Elijah uttered. She finally worked her way right into his bed, and then she had him, she took Elijah, and this time, made a King Ahab out of him. She was the ruling king of a kingdom and her Elijah turned Ahab gave over all that he had, his authority, the church he and his real wife had built together, all the power, which is his money that he had stored up, silver bars included, it all went to Jezebel, and then, he died. After that, Jezebel had to have another Ahab, so she looked out over the ones that wanted to be the Elisha to come, she asked around a little and was turned down, but she found one that was ready and waiting, one that had not ever been a sheep, one that came into the fellowship being groomed to take over, the young man that John Stevens dreamed about, the younger man that would take over and rule with an iron hand. john set it up to make his dream come true, the nightmare that he had had, and told about from the pulpit years earlier.

Now we have Jezebel, ruling again, pulling the strings of another King Ahab.

I hope she is delivered and repents, because we all know what happened to Jezebel, I don't know when God is going to do it, but that wall is waiting, the dog's stomach is growing to lick up her blood.

I pray that she repents, one more time, and I pray that this new king Ahab repents, too, but you know what, I am just glad that I am out of it.

Date: October 05, 2015 04:04AM

Lily Rose, that is a good post.

I said in my last post that I won't pray for the leaders of Living Word any more, because I don't beat the heavens with constant intercession for anybody any more, that is just some witchy thing to do, in my oppinion. I mean, I prayed, i meant it, it is up to them now. But on second thought, as I said, that Jezebel thing does not repent, not at all, that is a demonic thing, a hateful, prideful thing. But I will agree with anybody else here, that might want those leaders free, and those people in that church free, we can pray for Jezebel's and Ahab's DELIVERANCE. I mean the removal of an evil spirit.

We don't need to be Jezebel's eunics any more, those that have lost our authority because of our mistaken submission to that evil system of Living Word Fellowship. We can now stand up and shake ourselves off and prophesy, not against Marilyn and Gary, but against that spirit that has power over them. I don't know if it is of them or if it is something that has come on them from an outside source, but in the Name of Jesus Christ I rebuke that unclean thing that has taken the life and the anointing off of a ministry that God started and brought it to it's knees. I speak a renewed life to anything that God has intended for His people, and obliteration to the lies of the enemy that any of us, have believed. I speak that those that have lost their pensions and their life savings will have all of it restored. Amen

I apologize to the moderator if praying in the forum is not allowed. I felt compelled to say that.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 05, 2015 10:49PM

larry bobo Wrote:

> their website to appear mainstream, other
> mainstream groups are not claiming to be Christ in
> the flesh and demanding blind obedience behind the
> scenes. I would have far more respect if they
> would just say their goal is to get people
> connected and obedient to Marilyn instead of lying
> and pretending to be something they are not.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: October 06, 2015 12:32AM

That reminds me of something else Larry said. The Palmer Lake church was trying to reach out to other Christian churches in the Colorado Springs area. It failed. What they didn't realize was that all those C-Springs churches have a nickname for the Palmer Lake LW church. They call it "The Cult on the Hill"

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 06, 2015 01:08AM

Cult on the Hill? Ha

Date: October 06, 2015 07:34AM

jhorning Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My name is John Horning. I attended Coniah Chapel,
> Sepulveda, and Grace Chapel of Phoenix. I am no
> longer part of TLWF. I was booted out in 1984 when
> I voiced opposition to Gary and Marilyn's
> marriage. Anyone care to talk?

Just to answer a very old post. Jhorning, you and everybody else, including myself were a few years late on that 'voicing opposition' to anything. It was over with by the time Marilyn got ownership of JRS, in fact, I wasn't quite born yet, but I think it was pretty much all over back in 1950 when the thing started in the first place.

Date: October 07, 2015 10:30AM

Romans 8:19...that's where the whole idea comes from, the manifestation of the sons of God. Now I have been studying the bible quite a bit lately, with that concept in mind, and I can not for the life of me, find anything, anywhere, about the end time, that even hints that the people that understand that one scripture, I said that ONE scripture to mean that there will be anybody that enters eternal life in order to conquer the world and either A-give the subdued kingdoms of the world to Christ when He comes, or B-just subdue the world and rule it with a rod of iron as Christ in the Earth. Show me if I am wrong. Compare that belief that comes from that ONE scripture with the rest of the bible that shows Christians beheaded, living in persecution, like thousands are right now in the world. I mean if the theory that you believed turns out to be wrong, have the courage to say, "hey, I was wrong."

I know this is a concept that Walk people do not like, they have been told to stay away from just reading things as they are and see how much evidence out of the bible supports that theory or discounts it, before they base their whole movement on it, but just try it, does the theory of "manifest sons of God" hole water?

Also, consider another way of putting it, "Joel's Army" that is the way some other Latter Rain groups put it, look that one up too, consider if that is saying someone will become eternal and rule the world. See if that means that someone will be boosted into a being eternal with awesome powers to defeat Satan without Christ, or instead of Christ or because they are Christ in the earth. See if that means that this apostle or prophet that you have decided is the door opener instead of Christ is going to make you a manifest son of God. Because if there is a time when this needs to happen, if this is what is going to happen from the interpretation of that ONE scripture, then let's get on with it folks, quit dragging your feet, because heads are getting lopped off, people in schools are getting shot down because they are REAL Christians that stand up and give their life rather than deny Christ.

Date: October 07, 2015 11:52AM

The word Parousia, we all know what we were told, it mean that Christ would return, spiritually in the church, and the tongue in cheek hint was, that was the ONLY way that He would return. Well, let's look that up:

New Testament[edit]
The word is used 24 times in the New Testament.[12] Of these, six uses refer to the coming of individuals: Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus (1Co.16:17), Titus (2Co.7:6 & 7) the physical "presence" of Paul himself (2Co.10:10, Php.1:26, 2:12), and a 7th use to the "coming of the lawless one" (2Thess.2:9). The other seventeen uses refer to the Second Coming of Christ, except the one case in which it refers to the coming of the "Day of God" (2Pe.3:12, see also The Day of the Lord).

The word parousia is found in the following verses: Matthew 24:3, 27, 37, 39; 1 Corinthians 15:23; 1 Thessalonians 2:19; 3:13; 4:15; 5:23; 2 Thessalonians 2:1, 8, 9; James 5:7, 8; 2 Peter 1:16; 3:4, 12; 1 John 2:28.

Theological usage[edit]
Main article: Second Coming

Date: October 07, 2015 01:30PM

1st Timothy 5:21-23 I'll use New American Standard bible, as that is the only one that John used. We'll talk about that some too at some point. What I am doing all of this for is to let people take a real look at what was taught, and see if it stacks up with the bible. John Robert Stevens said on more than one occasion that the bible is the plumbline, and what is taught has to line up with the bible. So what gives? I think what gives is the very name of the Walk itself, "the Living Word." In other charismatic circles, they call that the "Rhema" word. Other groups also believe that the spoken word is equal to or even superior to the Logos, or written word of the bible.

A Charge to Timothy
21I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of His chosen angels, to maintain these principles without bias, doing nothing in a spirit of partiality. 22Do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others; keep yourself free from sin. 23No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.…
Cross References

It looks like in the Living Word Fellowship, when I was in there at least, they took verse 23 very seriously, but they didn’t notice the word LITTLE, wine, but they totally ignored the verse before that, verse 22, BECAUSE that verse did not agree with the Latter Rain doctrine of laying hands on anybody you want to and they will be instantly qualified to minister in the church.. I guess they didn’t think about the part either, where it says that they are going to be held responsible for the sins of the young uneducated but highly intoxicated elders that are put in place, simply because they know how to inflate the ego of the apostle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.