Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 21, 2015 10:05PM

I'm sure the South Gate congregation had no vote in the shut down decision. Even though they were the ones paying the bills and maintaining the church.

Unless you were deemed a "kingdom facility" your head was (is) on the chopping block. It was difficult to survive as a lowly local church. 80% of the tithes and offerings were sent to the APCO support fund and "word for the world" type funds. That leaves you with 20% to run the local church. No wonder most of them looked like dumps with old paint and dead lawns.

And when Easter came around, the church service was cancelled, because most everyone went to Passover feast in Shiloh or LA. And we wondered why no new people came around?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 21, 2015 11:25PM

That is so pathetic...the demeaning attitude toward the local churches, which in all likelihood, would be the environment most suitable to nurture new members.
BTW, I wasn't aware that 80% of the tithes and offerings were sent to Apco...that's some heavy taxation--I mean, joyful giving.
Anyway, got to go. There's a service in the valley!

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 22, 2015 12:28AM

I just don't get this "word for the world" junk, I wonder if any of you have bought anything from them, tape, video, written message in years, because I doubt seriously if it is possible to get a password there to buy anything unless you are a member and loyal to marilyn. That is just my guess. I might try to get that password myself and see what happens.

Date: September 22, 2015 02:02AM

BTW, the "vision" John had when he was allegedly transported seven years into the future (from 1972 to 1979) was described in a message contained in the book 'The Shape of Things to Come." My guess is that you will never be able to purchase that book.

Date: September 22, 2015 03:29AM

Changedagain, so what all is happening now that we have gotten in the Kingdom? What all is in the book Shape of Things to Come. I am sure I read it but i don't remember what was in it.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 22, 2015 04:37AM

I never could read much of that book. I always had that Yardbirds song running thru my head, distracting me.

Date: September 22, 2015 07:32AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changedagain, so what all is happening now that we
> have gotten in the Kingdom? What all is in the
> book Shape of Things to Come. I am sure I read it
> but i don't remember what was in it.

The fact you don't remember what was in it is probably a good thing, AD!

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 22, 2015 08:21AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just don't get this "word for the world" junk, I
> wonder if any of you have bought anything from
> them, tape, video, written message in years,
> because I doubt seriously if it is possible to get
> a password there to buy anything unless you are a
> member and loyal to marilyn. That is just my
> guess. I might try to get that password myself and
> see what happens.

Apostle Dog,

If you do get a password you might want to order "The Test of True and False Prophets." I read an exert from it online and part of it went like this. "There is one thing that only a true prophet can do. Under the anointing of the HOly Spirit he can lay hands on a man and produce a true prophet." That's a huge misconception and twisting of the scriptures that may be at the root of the destructiveness of the Walk. It took me a decade to figure out that was baloney. Ridiculous.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 22, 2015 09:22AM

AD,

I noticed I left out the scripture twisting in my above post on the test of a true and false prophet.

The basis for JRS's claim that a true prophet can produce a true prophet is found in Genesis v24-25, "the principle is established that everything brings forth after its own kind," i.e. mules beget mules. SO this is the JRS logic. Mules beget mules and when the true prophet JRS laid hands on a man, he beget a prophet. This has to win the award for most ridiculous scripture twisting regarding the acid test for a true or false prophet.

Date: September 22, 2015 11:25AM

Lily Rose, just that very thing is the reason Latter Rain theology was rejected by Assemblies of God, that thing where they believe they can "create" a person into an office. A prophet and an apostle, according to scripture are allways, ALLWAYS commissioned by the Lord Himself, the Angel of the Lord, NEVER, was anybody in those days set into that office by any man laying hands on them. There might have been gifts "imparted" as that is mentioned by Paul, as Paul mentioned a gift he might have bestowed on Timothy, but it doesn't say much about that. And it doesn't say what gift that was, how it was given. That is not the same thing.

You are right, there was severe scripture twisting done in that mess. From the very beginning, and it just got worse as time went on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.