Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 24, 2015 11:37PM

I also remember the pressure when John was alive for him to accept the Christ in him. In retrospect, I think that could have been a part of why it was so difficult for him to acknowledge his frailties/shortcomings...just the immense pressure, certainly some brought upon himself through his ego, to be something so monumentally important. Perhaps that drive is what carried through the fellowship after his death, that people just couldn't have 'mundane' walk with God...they had to constantly be on the front line accomplishing something historic. I guess the latest is bringing oneness to all the churches in the world. Strangely, even though I haven't stepped inside a church for over 10 years, I figured that was my job. Give me some time!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 25, 2015 11:15PM

Now that the Pope got to address congress, do you think G&M will address congress next?

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 26, 2015 01:46AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that the Pope got to address congress, do you
> think G&M will address congress next?

Gary and Marilyn don't go and address anybody, congress will have to make an appointment and all of them get checked out to see how much anointing each one of them can handle, then, and only then, they can make an appointment.

Date: September 26, 2015 04:19AM

It would seem to me, that anyone that is in the place of a shepherd in God's church would try to imitate the ministry of Jesus, the Great Shepherd, rather than to imitate a task master. You can go through all of the words of Jesus recorded in the bible and you will see that all of the things He taught brought freedom for the people of God, instead of the hard burdens the Pharisees put on the people. Christ was more like a union steward in that He defended the sheep from the religious leaders, rather than like a boss, putting heavy burdens on them that the leaders would not bear themselves.

All of those in Living Word Fellowship that might be reading here should ask the question, does your designated shepherd defend you and relieve your burdens or does he or she put more burdens on you?

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 26, 2015 07:32AM

Apostle Dog:

Your last post is so true. The church is “Babylon” when compared to Jesus' modus operandi.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 26, 2015 08:51AM

"They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are unwilling to move them with so much as a finger.
Matthew 23.4

> He brought freedom for the people of God,
> instead of the hard burdens the Pharisees put on
> the people. Christ was more like a union steward
> in that He defended the sheep from the religious
> leaders, rather than like a boss, putting heavy
> burdens on them that the leaders would not bear
> themselves.

Date: September 26, 2015 10:50AM

One of the things that attracted be about the Walk, was the freedom to get high and still worship the Lord. I thought I had the go-ahead from the leadership. Of course, that is just a case of getting my ears tickled, getting the idea that I can do my own thing and still be a part of what God is doing in the Earth. But other than that, I liked the idea of the leadership having a “commission, not a position,” as if just changing the word changed the thing. ‘Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.’ I do not believe there can be a movement without leaders, but there can be leaders that are servants to all, IF, and only IF, there is cooperation from both sides, the people themselves have to evolve to the point that they can respect a servant leader.

I have heard it said that if Christ were to physically come to most churches, the leadership would ask Him to leave. I wonder sometimes, if Jesus would show up and apply for the job of pastor, would the denomination vote Him in?

Date: September 26, 2015 11:56AM

PS, I meant to write "CONGREGATION" not "DENOMINATION" in that last line of the last post. Sorry..................

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 27, 2015 01:27AM

I've never visited an authentic New Testament (NT) style church as described in the Bible. There are none in my area, but I have read about them in the book "Pagan Christianity? 2008." The LW self describes themselves as a new testament church but they are an Ishmael and haven't done their homework regarding replicating the early churches. The early NT church didn't manipulate or silence the body of Christ; rather, the church planters equipped the church members to conduct open church meetings. The early church met for the purpose of displaying Christ through the every member functioning of Christ's body. According to "Pagan Christianity?" if God's people are properly equipped, they can have meetings that have no leader but Jesus Christ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 01:32AM by lily rose.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 27, 2015 04:08AM

Sorry, I forgot to include a link for information about NT churches I mentioned in my previous post. [reimaginingchurch.org]

or reimaginingchurch.org/RC_FirstChapter.pdf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.