Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 12, 2015 01:07AM

On November 15, 2014 lily rose posted in part: [[In Acts 20, the Apostle Paul anticipating his arrest and maybe knowing he would be killed, spoke to the elders of the Church of Ephesus what seemed to be a farewell (Acts 20:32), "And now brethren I entrust you to God and the Word of His Grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance...”

Paul did not entrust these elders to be under another Apostle such as Peter or another man or even for another church to be over them. Paul simply entrusted the church elders to God and God's Word. God's authority would be found in His Word. And eventually, God's authority was no longer expressed in the church through Apostles after each of them were killed. It's as if the Word of God, the Bible, replaced the Apostles.]]

------------------

Thanks lily rose for pointing out this verse, it truly outshines and triumphs over the cultic scenario. To the chagrin of the modern day preachers and churches, this verse is significant:

A --- It nullifies the idea that the Holy Spirit talks to your cult leader/shepherd who in turn runs your life for you ---- “The man-made evil, abhorrent chain of command.”

B --- It aborts the ridiculous Latter Rain Heresy which espouses the need for super apostles and prophets.

C --- It authorizes/condones “Do it yourself” spirituality.

D --- It destroys obligation to the low-life, earthly substitutive authority.

E --- It returns autonomy to the sheep, giving them freedom to ride the highest heavens according to their own dictates and desires.

F --- It allows us to circumvent and overthrow in good conscience all the teaching drummed into us by the Walk.

G --- It allows the sheep to associate & fellowship with whomever they wish without compromising or jeopardizing their own untouchable, inalienable direct connection to God.

H --- When someone starts messing with you, you can tell them to “Kiss Off” without any fear or apprehension!!

---------------------

Sorry to belabor the point: Freedom feels so good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 12, 2015 05:38AM

I love it. SHEEP REVOLUTION !!!!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 12, 2015 10:59AM

"I can't think of a single instance where a person left TLWF and it wasn't said that they "chose a lesser path". The implication (often subtle) is that the person was under the influence of Satan. Or had decided to follow their carnal mind instead of the true Living Word.

I wish people would stop continuing to blame Satan for so many things...especially since we all know that John brought him down. Then again, Satan could still being calling the shots behind bars. How will we ever know?
For simplicity's sake, let's just assume the carnal mind is the culprit!

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 12, 2015 12:55PM

Maybe were all just "cross-dodgers".

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 12, 2015 11:04PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe we're all just "cross-dodgers"

Yes...with the exception of Marilyn, Gary and Rick--who always submitted, without resistance, to their designated relationships.

Posted by: jan w. lane ()
Date: January 13, 2015 08:48AM

I am a former "Walk" member. I joined the cult in the SFO bay area under Howard Klein. I was one of the unfortunate ones who was somehow involved in what I now relate to as an arranged marriage, being told that it was unacceptable to date someone who was not in the walk. Somehow I believed many false teachings, reluctantly but on the other hand, much did not ring true. I stayed with the "walk", stayed with a loveless marriage, endured the commands to quit certain jobs, move into communal living arrangements as a newlywed, told when it was not appropriate to be bringing children into the world.....and so much more. We had most of our so called cult experience under the so called leadership of RD Cronquist. I must say that as an aftermath of all of this I have had considerable difficulty with organized religion. I have retained my faith in Jesus Christ as my savior, but I hold most organized so called Christian denominations with some suspicion. I also went through a painful divorce which was sadly the case of most people who entered into this group around the early 70's. I don't have may pleasant memories of those chaotic years. The whole experience was a nightmare and I do not regret for a moment leaving the church.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 13, 2015 11:19AM

Cross-dodgers could be considered “street wise:”

Theologians are amazed at the incredible timing of God the Father who in His providence brought forth the Roman Empire/crucifixion in order to fulfil prophecies concerning Jesus.

Being crucified by a secular government (strangers) is so much different and lofty compared to the petty stumbling-blocks intentionally placed in front of sheep by so called shepherds of the flock in order to trip/cross/mess them up within the church is laughable.

The preaching of the “cross” is one of the most abused and corrupted concepts used by shysters to move money, assets and labor from sheep into the shyster’s own pocket. It’s probable certain ones in the Walk made a “good chunk of change” this way.

In my thinking, the real point of the crucifixion/cross in biblical theology was to support the idea that the atonement/salvation is a gift for all people (a level playing field so to speak), and no amount of our own efforts and sacrifice is going to get us bonus points or move us ahead of others in the eyes of God.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: January 13, 2015 02:00PM

Well said FCSLC. In seeking things of the spirit, we have to become street wise to recognize a snow job.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: January 13, 2015 11:52PM

How demeaning, to refer to oneself as a "sheep." I am no sheep. Jan, welcome.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: January 14, 2015 03:01AM

Welcome Jan and thanks for sharing your experience. Sadly, I don't know of one arranged marriage that lasted.

LampShmamp...sheep is a metaphor reportedly used over 500 times in the Bible. Sheep and their owners the shepherds were part of the culture of the OT and most OT men were shepherds. God and Jesus view themselves as shepherds and God's people as sheep. The term doesn't offend me but in our culture it seems that the term sheep is viewed negatively so I can see why you would see it as demeaning if you don't believe the scriptures are the inspired Word of God.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.