Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 20, 2015 03:53AM

FCSLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> “Submission”. “The Line is Drawn”.
> “You Don’t Have Many Fathers”.

"Will you find God Unacceptable?"

Gee...I wonder why so much insecurity permeated the fellowship?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 20, 2015 10:12PM

Welcome molly. Gosh, by leaving in 1981, you missed out on some very crazy years. Good for you.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 21, 2015 10:27AM

molly wrote: “Our pastor told us to burn all our tapes and books and took a road trip and I never saw him again!”

---------------

Sounds like this pastor was ahead of the game. It would be nice to know more about it.

Date: January 21, 2015 11:22AM

Maybe that pastor became an Italian cruise ship captain. Was his name Francesco Schettino?

Posted by: molly ()
Date: January 21, 2015 11:47AM

Yes it would have been great to stay on,but the church folded on me! It was hard for a long time! I sure wish I had found this site years ago! Happy to say I am fine now, sure felt like I was drowning for awhile with no life raft! I saw some picture of people I knew,blew me away! i wonder if I know you? ha

Date: January 21, 2015 12:10PM

I never knew where that pastor went, he left his flock,and I was in rebellion and kept my tapes and books and took a road trip to Maine! I hadn't read a paper, watched t.v or listened to a radio in years! talk about out of the loop!!! I felt like the Black lost sheep. My blood family lives in Oregon but since i wasnt allowed to see them I didn't go back there either, I guess I became an orphan. so to speak! No Church felt right! I have looked! But I am at Peace! I had met JRS, before Marilyn!! Also knew Gary when he was married to Donna! I lived with Ed And Dotty Forbes in my early walk!!! had to kep close watch on me , I had an independent spirit and tended to be called rebellious, I Love You all for this site, Thank you, my heart needed this! oops i don't think I'm on topic. I will try next time to get this right.

Date: January 22, 2015 12:00AM

Welcome, Molly!

"I had met JRS, before Marilyn!! Also knew Gary when he was married to Donna! I lived with Ed And Dotty Forbes in my early walk!!!"

Gary and Ed Forbes performed the wedding ceremony for my wife and I back in '78.
John had previously nixed our relationship in a marriage checkout, stating (among other things) that I had a free lance spirit, while my wife was more of a submissive spirit--basically, an unequal yoke. Oh well. I obviously wasn't free-lance enough, because I endured things no self-respecting independent person would put up with.

p.s. I also knew Donna until she left in the early 80's--a sweet gal.

p.p.s I suppose it shouldn't be funny, but the approach your ex-pastor took to leaving the fellowship was hilarious. Sorry for chuckling when reading your account.

Date: January 22, 2015 12:24AM

Sounds a bit like Francis Frangipane.

Date: January 22, 2015 01:44AM

I knew Francis Frangepan, I dont have internet so I have to do this on my ph.I wish I had more time!!!work gets in my way. I have a lot on my heart I would love to sort out with all of you who truly understand. My Paster who left was confused! I'm sure it had to do with the divorces in the walk, and things going wrong! But since I chose to be in the walk and was not borne into it! I refused to burn everything and be led down a dark alley! not sure where I am now so to speak, my heart feels broken to have some of this resurface. I also!need to read all!of these posts, but need to get on a big screen. I did see Ed and Dotty are pastors in Grants pass! I went to see them right before the end. Thanku again for being here. Did anyone know Pastor Shaw? He was my first pastor.Also Jim Holbrook in Reynoldburg was my pastor. I loved Ozzy Morrison and Naomi, I did go see him a few years ago.off to work with me. Thankyou so much, my heart is crying

Date: January 22, 2015 08:17AM

Molly--
Did you know Bob Franz?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.