Current Page: 7 of 9
I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: December 19, 2004 07:34AM

JF
Also do you guys seperate the different courses offered by LE - Forum, Adv, SELP etc - or do you lump them together when talking about the bad points of LE?

I only know that my sister came off as a lot more delusional after the Advanced course than she did after the Forum proper. to get specific, she sounded convinced of the need to convert the whole world to Landmark in order to promote world peace.

Do you consider the sinister brainwashing to start right from your first introducion to the Forum or does it come later once you have started to progress through the courses?

LEC starts doing it right away. why would they not? based on the information provided on the yahoogroup the pressure to promote and volunteer Landmark increases with each successive course.

deciding to not get pedantic as to the meaning of brainwash, by the way.

Options: ReplyQuote
I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: December 19, 2004 10:15AM

hsuchij
I don't know who are at the top of LE organization. But from what I read, LE seems to use extensive terminologies from Scientology.

This is what I find:

Type (eos_chp_03) in Google, you should see a PDF file written by L.Ron Hubbard. The article is called "Demons of the mind".

Maybe that is what the top people of LGATs are thinking: to mess up with your mind. For them, "control" is priceless.

Hsuchi

Hello Hsuchi,

I tried viewing this, but the print is so tiny, how do you get to enlarge the print?

Thanks.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: December 19, 2004 11:03PM

hi, montreal,

try this:

[www.download.com]

a pdf text reader

:)

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: December 19, 2004 11:06PM

the brainwash starts at the introduction to the forum.
people even in the introduction are told to turn to each
other in groups and start talking about their problems
just like the forum.

they begin to work u over even in the introduction and without
your permission i might add.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 22, 2004 03:22AM

Patrick-darcy is right, Landmark start at the introduction. By beginning to put in new definitions into your vocabularly.

The introductions are all the same everyone follows the same format. The introductions are designed to get you to think about the "negative areas" of your life and then once you have these clearly in your mind they will spend the rest of the night focussing on what might be different if you attend the landmark forum.

Once you have registered you have to complete the form, plus you receive at least two phone calls prior to your course all designed to get you thinking about your life.

The wording of these phone calls is scripted and like the Introductions everyone world wide gets the same conversations.

If you try and pull out the staff member in charge of your course will call and attmept to talk you into going using parts of the introduction to show you that its just you getting in the way of your life.

The introducton spends time on choice and being your word. making things happen so that later if you change your mind you can be made to feel guilty about it (like there is something inherently bad about you that you want to pull out)

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Toyer ()
Date: December 24, 2004 02:47PM

JF wrote -

I think the content of the Forum/Landmark courses transcend its 'for-profit' status.

Do you believe that applies to the leaders as well? If so, shouldn't they be offering their services as a not for profit business? If your theory doesn't need to apply to the leaders (beyond cost of doing business - as a non-profit), why not? What makes them "transcend" this? I ask that you please answer these questions, and not re-state that the forum leaders and helpers volunteer. I am already aware of that fact. Thank you.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: December 25, 2004 04:29AM

the forum leaders don't get paid? including the ones who do the introduction nights and the first course?

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: glam ()
Date: December 25, 2004 04:33AM

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the leaders who do the actual seminars get paid (quite underpaid, by the standards of the industries they used to work in), but leaders of the introduction nights do not.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Toyer ()
Date: December 25, 2004 05:30PM

Regardless of just whom works for cheap and who works for nothing, I think my point and question of JF still stands. I do hope you (Glam and Acid Raindeer) agree in this regard.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 25, 2004 09:00PM

Landmark Forum leaders are paid staff along with a very small proportion of the people who work in the office. The office staff are virtually paid minimum wage for what ever country they are in.

Communication course leaders are paid

Landmark Seminar leaders (such as landmark Forum in action seminar and other 10 week seminars) are led by people who are not paid by Landmark. They volunteer their time and this can be incredibly time consuming.

Self expression and leadership leaders are also not paid.

Introduction leaders are all volunteer.

Obvioulsy the exception to these three groups of people would be a paid office staff member who also was a seminar leader etc.

Landmark is a For-profit company that hides it money grabbing behind statements such as " we want to transform the world". Staff members (both office staff and landmark forum leaders) own a percentage of the company. Not all office staff own shares. You have to be successful in your role and you have to stay for a long time.

Landmark survives simply by having an unpaid workforce. If it were not for the people who assisted Landmark would go out of business.

Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.