Current Page: 4 of 9
I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: JF ()
Date: December 15, 2004 05:39AM

rrmoderator
JF:
Your response, essentially an apology again, for the practice of not paying volunteer workers is interesting. You seem to be able to rationalize almost anything regarding Landmark programs and policies.

Your purpose here seems to be consistently to rationalize or apologize for whatever Landmark does or says.

Not much of a dialog.

More like advertising or product promotion.

You certainly have the right to believe whatever you wish, but we are quickly running out of things to discuss on this board. And this board is not here to promote or sell a specific belief system or philosophy.

Ok fair enough, I guess my intentions of comming here were against the boards purpose, or I am unable to post without breaking the rules of the board.

Maybe I was brainwashed lol

Options: ReplyQuote
I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Date: December 15, 2004 05:49AM

rrmoderator
JF:

Another apology.

How many is that?

I was trying to explain something.

I was asked a question that was implying something so I thought I should elaborate on what I said.

I really dont know what else I could have put.

:oops:

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Date: December 15, 2004 05:51AM

glam

That was why I started reading here originally, to see how the Forum may have affected me in ways I was not aware off.

Hi, Joe.

Of all the statements you've posted here, I find this the most interesting.

Why do you feel the Forum might have affected you in ways you're not aware of?

Have people you know made comments to you about a change in your personality or way of thinking? Or is there some doubt in the back of your mind that has you curious?

Thanks,

Glam

Seriously, its only from reading some of the stuff on here that I began to wonder. I have no other reasons to think it has affected me in a negative way or in ways I hadnt realised.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 15, 2004 06:56AM

JF:

No one has blocked or banned your posts.

But you do seem to repeat the same things over and over again. Is that your perception of the board's "purpose"?

Your repeated refrain is essentially that Landmark is not responsible for problems participants may have regarding its programs.

And again and again it is essentially somehow the participant's problems that make the problems--not Landmark.

Am I missing something?

You have been repeating more or less the same general responses.

Not much of a dialog.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: glam ()
Date: December 15, 2004 08:47AM

Seriously, its only from reading some of the stuff on here that I began to wonder. I have no other reasons to think it has affected me in a negative way or in ways I hadnt realised.

What brought you here?

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: December 15, 2004 10:44AM

JF
I think Landmark is bigger than the people at the top who get the money. A lot of people involved are doing it out of their passion for what Landmark has or can provide for people. I dont think what you just posted devalues the work or objectives of Landmark at all

no, not so much on its own.

when the profit-making motive drives the ideology as in LEC it does do, then the paying customer get de-valued into a handy source of finance and to hell with them as people.

ideology provides justification for making money and making money provides justification for ideology, a snake eating its own tail.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Date: December 15, 2004 10:57AM

JF
One of the things they tell you on the Forum is that all they are teaching you is something someone made up. They say try it for the weekend and see how it works for you. They make it clear it is not the only way to acheive the things you can on Forum, but that it is the best way they know of to get the results they do from the Forum.

no one says you must like chocolate. the chemicals in the chocolate make you like it.

no one has to do the hard sell, you have just had your brain and body pummelled by Landmark ideology until you go all soft.

I could rant about what the forum leader doesn't tell you. if I started to do that I would sit here typing until my fingers fell off.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Date: December 15, 2004 11:03AM

JF
Savernake
JF
One of the 'rules' of Landmark is that anyone who hasnt done the Forum does have a racket, winning formula or story.

Why is that?

I gather than a "racket" is essentially self-deception. Is it not possible for a person to become enlightened or self-aware other than through Landmark?

A racket is a persistant complaint you have about something, someone, yourself, etc..

in Transactional Analysis a racket means a scam you have going on to derive positive or negative emotional energy either from yourself or another person.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Date: December 15, 2004 11:09AM

JF
Not really. If I was to change anything about it I would get rid of the whole registration thing. I hated the thought of having registration conversations. But I also see how they are necessary for Landmark to exist. I totally agree with their reasoning for using this method to get people to register onto the forum. Also I do not beleive the organisation is motivated by generating income. Even though I do understand why they have this feature (participants getting registrations) as part of the programme I feel it would give Landmark so much more credibility if it was removed, but then I can also see how this would be them selling out, by making life easier but it would not allow them to acheive their possibilty of 2020 or whatever it is.

I have a number of questions about this goal.

how many people have to have done LEC?

just some vaguely defined "critical number" or an actual figure?

you know that Werner Erhard tried this game before.

in 1977 he annouced a group called the Hunger Project which set promised to end world hunger by 1997. if enough people understood that hunger would end, it would end. sort of like Landmark no courses. just assisting. recruiting and assisting and donations. making money. get up those stats. RickRoss.com has some information on the Hunger Project in the archives.
also at "Hunger Project: Inside Out".

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Cruisader ()
Date: December 16, 2004 05:24AM

Hi JF,

I was fully into transformation for 8 months did LF, AC part of SELP and assisted at the center. I believed it was the answer to all the problems in the world. I was very passionate about transformation and wanted to 'make a difference'.

After doing some reasearch I discovered that Landmark uses manipulation/mind games/long hours/group pressure to get:
- people to feel great, free and in control after the Forum
- people to want to 'share' the Forum
- people to be too impulsive and say stuff and then feel they have to be their word
- people to believe that there's this big happy family on a mission to transform the world by 2020
- people to believe everything is suddenly a breakthrough and it was caused by your participation in the Forum
- people to believe assisting gives the best breakthroughs

Now it's seems weird to imagine I didn't see it happening to me. They have done a clever job at taking some everyday useful concepts and twisting them to manipulate/brainwash people.

Fact is that the more people are in touch with Landmark the more they will be free work force for Landmark. Everybody is doing it with love and passion including the poorly paid staff. Nobody realises that their minds were played with.

You will argue: it's their choice. People think they can resist the mind games being played and separate the good from the bad. But your beliefs change slowly step by step and without you realising it you get influenced/manipulated. Don't think you're the exception!

Consider this: People in any cult (I'm not saying Landmark is a cult, just cult-like tendancies!) will *always* say it's is their choice to be part of it. It's the same with people assisting, doing home intro's and doing yet another course...

Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.