Current Page: 3 of 9
I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: December 14, 2004 12:35PM

all the Landmark ideas are all made up and arent true anyway [/color:27eb40048d]

JF, Explain this to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: JF ()
Date: December 14, 2004 07:22PM

Montreal
all the Landmark ideas are all made up and arent true anyway [/color:eb3f707f33]

JF, Explain this to me.

One of the things they tell you on the Forum is that all they are teaching you is something someone made up. They say try it for the weekend and see how it works for you. They make it clear it is not the only way to acheive the things you can on Forum, but that it is the best way they know of to get the results they do from the Forum.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Date: December 14, 2004 07:33PM

rrmoderator
JF:

It appears that you cannot find a reason for Landmark to consider any meaningful changes in its programs, despite the many complaints and problems it has historically had.

Landmark is now a defendant in a wrongful death lawsuit.

See [www.cultnews.com]

I'll read that later.

I realize that there are many dedicated volunteers receiving no pay helping Landmark to present its for-profit programs. This is a bit strange though, as Landmark is not a charity or religious organization.

For-profit companies typically pay their workers.

I can see why someone would find this a bit strange. I'm not sure what their official line on this is but I can totally understand why someone would. I have assisted on a seminar and I would definately consider attending the assisting programme. To me I think the content of the Forum/Landmark courses transcend its 'for-profit' status. Many people that take the Forum become a stand for transformation in the lives of others and helping out on a c course is one way of doing that. Plus you get to be in that environment and you will get something out of it in the same way you would if you were paying to be in the course.

The "no victims" philosophy is interesting. But it seems to me that there are genuine victims in the world and this philosophy comes across as rather hollow and perhaps more like denial.

Do they actually say there are no victims? I don't recall it but I guess they do as it is in line with the whole cause in the matter/being responsible theory. But its just a tool to help you live your life. They arent saying their ideas are the truth so if you feel you are a victim then they arent going to give you abuse over it.

But of course you are free to believe whatever you wish.

Thanks. Have you done any Landmark?

Is your purpose here to dialog though, or just offer apologies?

I thought I was dialoging?

I am not here to apologise for the Forum, defend it, promote it.
I just posted here after reading some of the articles. I found it similiar to when you watch a film and thought it was really good then looked on the web and found everyone thought it was shite. I was just interested in why people didnt like something and I did.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 14, 2004 09:42PM

JF:

I was offered an opportunity to take the Forum in NYC for free.

However, after I made it clear that I would not sign away any rights (e.g. trial by jury) through Landmark's required paperwork they did not get back with me. I take it that they were no longer interested.

Please understand that I would never under any circumstances take a course or participate in a program that somehow precluded my full civil rights to pursue recourse if I was injured.

Frankly, no program or organization I have ever been involved in and I am 52, ever has asked me to do so, with the exception of Landmark.

Your response, essentially an apology again, for the practice of not paying volunteer workers is interesting. You seem to be able to rationalize almost anything regarding Landmark programs and policies.

Your purpose here seems to be consistently to rationalize or apologize for whatever Landmark does or says.

Not much of a dialog.

More like advertising or product promotion.

You certainly have the right to believe whatever you wish, but we are quickly running out of things to discuss on this board. And this board is not here to promote or sell a specific belief system or philosophy.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: December 14, 2004 11:03PM

JF
Montreal
all the Landmark ideas are all made up and arent true anyway [/color:1fec9f884c]

JF, Explain this to me.

One of the things they tell you on the Forum is that all they are teaching you is something someone made up[/color:1fec9f884c]. They say try it for the weekend and see how it works for you. They make it clear it is not the only way to acheive the things you can on Forum, but that it is the best way they know of to get the results they do from the Forum[/color:1fec9f884c].

Something "made up" to me and I beleive many others, means it's a lie or a way to cover the truth. So they are teaching you, in order to get or achieve anything for yourself in life, you have to make up things, set people up and live your life in a lie in order to get to your goal?

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: glam ()
Date: December 15, 2004 02:12AM

That was why I started reading here originally, to see how the Forum may have affected me in ways I was not aware off.

Hi, Joe.

Of all the statements you've posted here, I find this the most interesting.

Why do you feel the Forum might have affected you in ways you're not aware of?

Have people you know made comments to you about a change in your personality or way of thinking? Or is there some doubt in the back of your mind that has you curious?

Thanks,

Glam

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Cousin2004 ()
Date: December 15, 2004 02:45AM

JF: You'd better believe that the Landmark Forum and subsequest courses do indeed hurt some people irreparably. This may not be true for more than 5% of people taking the courses. But for the people who are harmed, mentally maimed [possibly for life] I can tell you that Landmark's tactics are pure poison.

Can you take yourself out of the Landmark equation for a second and consider this? They use the same techniques on everybody. My cousin was talking just like you before suffering an extreme psychotic break. At this point, it is impossible to tell how this will impact the rest of my cousin's life. This is, without question, the most frightening experience I have ever encountered.

Please be careful.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: December 15, 2004 05:16AM

JF
One of the 'rules' of Landmark is that anyone who hasnt done the Forum does have a racket, winning formula or story.

Why is that?

I gather than a "racket" is essentially self-deception. Is it not possible for a person to become enlightened or self-aware other than through Landmark?

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Date: December 15, 2004 05:32AM

Savernake
JF
One of the 'rules' of Landmark is that anyone who hasnt done the Forum does have a racket, winning formula or story.

Why is that?

I gather than a "racket" is essentially self-deception. Is it not possible for a person to become enlightened or self-aware other than through Landmark?

A racket is a persistant complaint you have about something, someone, yourself, etc.

I think what they mean by saying that someone doesnt have a racket unless they have done the Forum is that you shouldnt call people for having what you consider to have a racket. Kind of like if you were training to be am athlete and you were never allowed to eat after 7pm or you were supposed to train twice a day and then you started berating people because they werent doing the same even though they werent training to be a sprinter. They hadnt asked to be advised by you, they might not understand why and you probably dont know how to explain why they should. I dont think it was anything to do with saying people cant become enlightened or self-aware other than through Landmark. I think its just to stop people annoying other people and alienating themselves from non-landmarkers - nothing sinister or arrogant.

I'm a 'Landmarkian'
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 15, 2004 05:35AM

JF:

Another apology.

How many is that?

Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.