Date: September 08, 2007 12:16AM

Wow...Sorry Dazed.

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: September 08, 2007 12:58AM

Impacted
Ex,

Actually I thought the Billboards were brilliant.

Not designed to attract new participants, but to reactivate old grads who otherwise might have gone to one of the split-off-from-Impact or other companies right here in Salt Lake City...Anyway, the Billboards were terrific at hiding all that history . . . well almost hiding it. Even a 14 by 48-foot billboard isn't quite big enough to hide it for long.

"Hypocracy since 1985," indeed!

Thanks, there has been something that didn't make sense about the more recent billboards, particularly the one with the cartoon people in a circle. But I can't count how many times I was in one of those circles, and it makes sense if that board was meant to appeal to former grads. The first billboard was a bonifide advertisement though.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: September 10, 2007 01:21AM

I just wanted to chime in on the post consolidation idea.

A few of us have attempted to segment the Impact thread in the past and we have met with little success. My vote is to keep the thread as it is.

I agree that there is quite a bit of crap diluting portions of the thread (*Cough*Rswinters*Cough*Shadow*Cough*) but in the end I think attempting to consolidate the cream of the crop into a smaller thread is going to take a lot of effort and leave us with a new thread that still has 30+ pages of material.

As a result, I really don't believe that there would be a significant benefit. I think the best we can do is contribute consistently applicable and useful material while discouraging others from making pointless or self serving comments (*Cough* Hopeful Soul*Cough*)

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: September 11, 2007 08:51AM

Circle Up Billboards, Remember, Remember

Earlier this year there was an Impact billboard with the cartoon characters circled up with the caption “Remember,” near the Texaco station in Downey, Idaho. Nothing too unusual about that, or was there? Later on during this summer sometime the entire well built billboard with strong metal framework disappeared. On examination of the site it appeared that the cylindrical steel uprights supporting the superstructure were cut off at ground level with little evidence remaining that this attractive and obviously permanent type installation had ever existed.

My own reaction to the “Remember“ billboards was to remember why I didn’t want any more Impact circling up. It would be interesting to know the full story here. All I know for sure is that the word “remember” is a very important word in the Bible and other scripture. In the Book of Mormon its use reaches the extreme in frequency. For example, in Helaman 5:6 it is used six times, five of these times being in one sentence. It or its derivations are used four times in the LDS sacramental prayers. Could it be that Impact is sending a subliminal yet at the same time overt message designed to influence specifically LDS folks, their largest trainee component, to reactivate with Impact? The symbolism here is strong with the fig tree cursed by Christ for advertising and promising what it did not deliver. The fig tree died from the roots, the billboard just disappeared. Once again we see Impact attempting to cleverly pervert something good to serve their own selfish ends. I'm not saying that Christ cursed the billboard, just that it mysteriously disappeared.

Hopeful

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: September 11, 2007 09:08AM

hey soul...interesting indeed.

Thanks 4 speaking your part. I have to admit though anytime anything comes up about the bible or religion my eyes gloss over and I shut down...

to each his/her own though I guess.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: September 11, 2007 09:48AM

Hopeful Soul
[ T]he word “remember” is a very important word in the Bible and other scripture. In the Book of Mormon its use reaches the extreme in frequency. For example, in Helaman 5:6 it is used six times, five of these times being in one sentence. It or its derivations are used four times in the LDS sacramental prayers. Could it be that Impact is sending a subliminal yet at the same time overt message designed to influence specifically LDS folks, their largest trainee component, to reactivate with Impact?

Very interesting thought Hopeful. Although I haven't been to a sacrament meeting in nearly 30 years, after you said that I realized that I still [i:bfee62cdf5]know[/i:bfee62cdf5] the sacrament prayer. After you hear that twice a week, year after year, it really sticks.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: September 11, 2007 10:07AM

FormerImact wrote:

>>in the end I think attempting to consolidate the cream of the crop into a smaller thread is . . . <<

A new thread is not what I had in mind (although at some point this thread is going to get unweildy and maybe should be divided by year or something). (Wondering what the policy/software limitation is on number of pages in a single thread.)

Instead, I think one of our goals should be to give those new to here who are seeking informaiton on Impact the most useful informaiton we have as quickly as possible.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a document posted on the site with the following:

1) What to know before you go to an Impact Guest Presentation
2) What to know before you go to an Impact Graduation or other free event
3) What happens day by day in Quest, what the dangers are of the various processes, what questions to ask, how to "win" at Red/Black.
4) Same for Summit with how to "win" at Lifeboat
5) Lift-Off weekends
6) TIT 1
7) TIT 2
8) TIT 3
9) Corporate name changes, lawsuits, crimes.
10) Biographies of the trainers and staff.

With an intro that discloses the top 5 most insane things Hans claims to be true, the top 5 most damaging processes, the top 5 lawsuits. A brief biography of Hans and Sally, and half page or so on the other trainers (and some former trainers) to counter the spin on the website.

In otherwords not a new thread here, but a way that someone in a hurry, say because her husband or child is about to do the training, or because they just did it and truly "need help" to undo the damage, could get what would work best for them to have more quickly than by reading the 60+ pages here.

What do you think?

Impacted

(ok, what do you feel, get, discern from your fully evolved, spiritual-being, ascended master-self?)

LOL . . .

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: September 12, 2007 05:03AM

Hi Impacted. My opinion - as an Impact outsider, but still someone who arrived at this board and read this thread from page 1 to the end - is that a document summary as you've described would help get the core facts through quicker and easier. It would also be helpful because it would be in the database under the list of destructive groups, and I guess a lot of people search the database before they find the forum. Also, when the same tired old issues are raised in the forum it would be easier to put a link to the document than have to deal with worn-out questions and arguments, same goes for new people who are genuinely looking for information and end up here.

About the irrelevant comments here (which these probably count as :D ), to me the forum is at its best when people disagree vigorously with each other because it seems to stimulate clearer arguments and more definite and clearly expressed feelings and thoughts. As someone trying to understand and recover from an lgat, that was what I found most helpful, even when some of the opinions expressed were quite harsh on me (or at least I thought they were aimed at me, some of them, guess I'll never know) - they were helpful because they made me look at what I'd said and where it came from - from me, or from the lgat? Did I really believe what I'd said? Should I reconsider it? Should I defend what I said, or should I change my view, or ask some questions, or do some research? And so on... I found that helpful, even if a bit hair-raising. And compared to most internet forums what goes on here is ULTRA mild, even on a "bad" day.

What I generally don't find helpful is the tea-party approach, where everyone is expected to "be nice" and "be gentle" and people are chastised with pious lectures for having lively thoughts and opinions. All that happens then is that the more opinionated and volatile people get fed up or bored and leave or go quiet, which is a shame because often those are the people who have the most experience with Impact and really care about helping people out of it and contribute the most. At the same time it seems the people calling for "be nice" disappear when there is no-one around to chastise, or else they're incredibly thick-skinned and continue to post disagreeable things that lead to the "not nice" comments in the in the first place; the thick-skinned effect is paradoxical considering the requests to "be nice" - seems sometimes sensitivity is one-way traffic.

About the billboards: Hopeful Soul, that's an interesting point about "remember" in Impact and "remember" in the book of Mormon but you lost me when you moved on to prophetic announcements about rotting-root fig trees and mysteriously cut down billboards - not struck down by Jesus but "mysterious". Leaving aside mysteries - surely they were cut down using modern technology, probably because they were not effective marketing tools relative to the cost or because they were in violation of some or other earth-bound law? Wouldn't that be interesting to investigate instead of wondering in awe at the mystery of it? If a "mysterious force" is working against Impact they're being awful slow about it, 20 years later and still going strong, plus a host of other off-shoots. :shock:

I find it very confusing that you quote the book of Mormon to condemn a cult when in some quarters Mormonism itself is considered a cult. Okay, fair enough if its what you and some others believe, I'm not saying you shouldn't refer to the book, but I'm willing to bet there are plenty Mormon people disillusioned with the church of LDS or not religious to start with or of other religions (is the WHOLE of the salt lake city region 100% dedicated Mormon?), who see those kind of comments as an indication that Impact must have something going for it!! Just another angle on it.

As for the "Remember?" billboard - doesn't Impact teach you not to live in the past? :lol:

- Sane

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: September 12, 2007 05:11AM

PS dazedandconfused, I'm not referring to your "be nice" comment to ex about the billboards, that was a totally different category (humorous category :) ) but to the pious "be nices" that were floating around a few weeks back before this thread went so dreadfully quiet, apart from the very informative arrival of Impacted.

Current Page: 89 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.