Current Page: 86 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: September 03, 2007 07:40AM

I thought it might be enlightening to those at Impact or considering going to know about the former trainers from there.

Here are a few of those I remember (or remember hearing about).

Trainers who have left Impact and/or were fired:

(If you were trained by these people you are not likely to be welcome at Impact today -- especially if you talk about it.)

John Webb - Lifespring Trainer
David Gilcrease - Lifespring Trainer, now at Resource Realizatoins
Duane Smotherman - Lifespring Trainer, now at Resource Realizatoins
Bruce Solomon - Lifespring regional manager?, now at Vision Works
Lou Doizer - Lifespring Trainer, now at Resource Realizations
Deon Steckling - trained by Hans, not training
Mike Gardner - trained by Hans, now at some new training company in SLC
Cam Mosher - ropes course owner
Sylvia - Lifespring trainer?
Elenor - Lifespring trainer?
Krista - trained by Hans. training in Idaho.
JJ Lybertt - trained by Hans now at Great Life Foundation/Harmony

I've forgotten some of their last names, and forgetten a few others (or maybe I'm pretending to throw Sally off figuring out who Impacted is.)

Anyone remember anyone else who is now in outer darkness?

Today they will tell you none of the above were ever "trainers" for Impact because none of them (except JJ) did their TIT program.

I think it would be useful to put up a post or file for those who are considering doing Impact, or who are in the trainings right now, to have a sense of the history of the company, and the questions they might want to ask of its founders/trainers.

Questions like:

If you really believe in integrity and being your word, how come this company has a long history of not paying its bills?

Did your office staff get paid on time this month?

Did you really borrow over $400,000.00 from Harmony grads?

Do you pay all your withholding to the IRS?

Do you report all cash payments for the training as income?

Is it true that in TIT we will be told the LDS church is not true? That we will be the army formed to fight its growing darkness?

Stuff like that . . .

Something to liven up the first day of Quest. . .

Impacted, but feeling better now . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Date: September 03, 2007 07:49AM

Ex,

>>It will be big, near a hotel and restaurants. <<

Hans also told me that his training center would be "on higher ground than any of the temples in Utah." And that from his office on the highest floor he would "look down on all of them."

Somehow being as close as they are to the state prison seems more alligned with their "energy."

As Sally used to say: "Like energy attracts like energy."

:)

Glad to find you here.

Impacted, and glad that's in the past tense . . .

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Passionate ()
Date: September 03, 2007 11:39AM

Teri smart is no longer with Impact. Neither is Shannon Wooley. Jim Condie is gone too. I dont have any idea why, but the continued exodus of office staff and trainers seems dubious.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: September 03, 2007 12:21PM

Passionate
Teri smart is no longer with Impact. Neither is Shannon Wooley. Jim Condie is gone too. I dont have any idea why, but the continued exodus of office staff and trainers seems dubious.

I'm shocked. Wow. Not about Shannon (it is Woody, not Wooley), but Condie was their business trainer (he put up the videos on YouTube) and Terri was... the epitome of a psycho-grad. Feel kind of bad for her actually. :shock:

I am DAMN curious as to how that all went down.

A guy named Val used to work for Hans as well, but he left just after JJ did, I think it may have been partially due to the circumstances surrounding JJ's leaving. Val was a good guy and he and J were buddy buddy. This is conjecture of course.

So Impacted, JJ is with the old Harmony crew? Wow. I will say I'm not surprised. Being a trainer, It's all he has on his resume for what, eight years? I thought he was a licensed family councilor though...oh well.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: September 03, 2007 12:51PM

I heard that the expectations were too high for Val and he just got to leave or do it all. Kind of like the ,"you're at choice but if you don't make the choice we want you to then you're out".

It's interesting to hear all of this.

Passionate, you seem to know a lot...must be a recent graduate?

impacted: I have trust issues after being at impact :D but thank you for joining and sharing.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: September 03, 2007 01:39PM

Passionate,

>>I dont have any idea why, but the continued exodus of office staff and trainers seems dubious.<<

It might have something to do with, despite their current seemingly abundant cash flow, they do not pay their employees on time. More than once in the past they have not paid them/us at Christmas. Many of the staff have had Impact checks bounce, resulting in bounced personal checks, missed mortgage payments, etc.

They break their word to prove, it seems, they "live a higher law" than that expected of their trainees, employees or graduates.

I had no idea Terri Smart was no longer there. I knew they had trust issues with her, had heard some behind the curtain complaints, but did not know she was gone. (Unless I did.)

Sounds like they may be heading for another blow up. From 1985 to 2001 they averaged going out of business for a short period about every three years. Impact Incorporated, to Impact International, to Harmony Trainings, Light Institute, Quest Development, back to "Impact Since 1985" (Give me a break!)

Every new incarnation a way to avoid paying bills, to hide assetts, or just screw with people for no reason at all.

Those who don't learn (from history, even their own) are doomed . . .

Impacted

IMPACT Trainings
Date: September 03, 2007 01:44PM

DOOMED![/size:e2fecdb80a][/color:e2fecdb80a] :twisted:

IMPACT Trainings
Date: September 03, 2007 03:14PM

Utah based trainings with Impact connections:

(I wonder if Terri Smart or others who just left Impact will try to start another new one too.)

Also please correct me if I'm wrong about any of the following. Doing most of it from memory.

Harmony/Great Life:
Brent Harward -- Quest trainer (trained by Hans as a lift-off trainer)
Analee McDonald -- Summit trainer (began to be trained by Hans and Sally but left early in the process)

Journey Seminars
[www.journeyseminars.net]
Paul Mundt -- a licensed marriage and family therapist. Some similar processes to Impact, but not a cult as far as I can tell. No history of financial turmoil. Did Impact in the late 1980s.

Vision Works/Rising Star
Bruce and Dorothy Solomon. Former Impact trainers and Lifespring employees. Appear to be out of business, now offering only corporate "trainings."

The Experience
[www.theexperiencetraining.com]
(Might want to add the above website for the "newest training company in SLC" to the list of cults here)
Mike Gardner -- Former Quest trainer. Trained by Hans. Recently trained Quests for Harmony. Now on his own again. This is his third or fourth "try" at being a trainer away from Impact.

Resource Realizations (Saint George)
[www.resourcerealizations.com]
and
[www.premier-ed.com]

Duane Smotherman -- Impact Quest Trainer (TRAINED Hans, not trained by Hans), former Lifespring trainer
David Gilcrease -- former Impact Summit Trainer (TRAINED Hans, not trained by him)
Lou Dozier -- former Impact Summit Trainer, Lifespring trainer. Fired by Hans/Sally once they had detailed logs of enough of her trainings to recreate them on their own.

This is one whacked-out cult preying on troubled teens and their even more desperate parents.

See: [www.insidersview.info]

These three guys (Duane, David and Lou) are where Hans and Sally got most /all of the pre-TIT Impact trainings from. As soon as they got what they needed from them, they fired them, so Hans could pretend he invented the trainings himself (or that "God gave it all to me.")

Judge/discern for yourself, but it seems to me Resource Realizations and Premier Education (why do they need two websites for the same people doing the same stuff) may be even more whacked-out and evil than Hans and Sally.

Iwalkedonfire.com
Cam Mosher -- former Impact ropes course facilitator; did Lifespring before Hans and Sally. Staffed their Lifespring training. Now runs ropes for Harmony/Great Life and other corporate/organizations. Apparently does occasional couples and other trainings.

Impact connected Utah-based training companies that no longer exist:

Lifespring -- went defunct about a year or so after Impact started.

The Training -- started by John Webb after he left Impact.

The Excel Trainings -- Gilcrease and Smotherman after they left Impact.

The Discovery Training -- Mike Gardner's second attempt to be a trainer after leaving Impact (I've forgotten the name of his first).

And there are a couple of more whose names I've spaced just now.

Plus there's Landmark Education's Forum, Advanced Course, SELP and others are offered at a training center in Salt Lake City (run by the Landmark office in Denver).

Charlene Afremow, who created Lifespring with John Hanley, Bob White and others, but now trains for Landmark (after suing est/Landmark for over $5 million (yes, Google it if you want) and was Werner Erhard's Mind Dynamics trainer -- Mind Dynamics being the sales training for Holiday Magic (a kind of Amway) from which so much of this BS has its common roots) is occasionally in SLC training for Landmark.

Is this place a beehive for this stuff or what?!?!

Impacted

IMPACT Trainings
Date: September 03, 2007 04:30PM

It is my opinion that the vast majority of the trainers/office staff who have left recently do not have the wherewithal, the resources or the initiative to begin new trainings. I think they may be feeling quite screwed, upset, angry or in a funk of LGAT fueled, circular rationalization.

The only person I knew of that I thought might be capable of something was Doug Moore, a former TIT3 staff member and lawyer, he orchestrated the afore mentioned adultery-fest within the TIT3 group. He was excommunicated from the LDS church I believe. Obviously he had the charisma and the cunning required to pull off such a con within a con and fully believed his own bullshit (and got two women other than his wife to do the same), so, who knows?

ex

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Passionate ()
Date: September 04, 2007 02:40AM

Impacted, I like you may still be around at Impact to keep tabs on what is going on so it can be properly dealt with. I am not a recent grad.

Val was around for a while after JJ left. He\'s a recent casualty, like in the last year or so. Nice guy! Probably saw the Light. Hahahahaha.

Current Page: 86 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.