Current Page: 62 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: July 20, 2007 01:01PM

Passionate
Eximpact, I find your banter and passion endearing. You really do feel strongly in victims. If they keep seeing themselves as victims they will remain that way for a longer period of time. In your psychology studies I'm sure you have come across that fact.

Ok don't answer them. Either way I have to live with my own reality. Thanks for the compassion. I can see from your responses why many people choose to not linger here long.

I'll still be here to help anyone who seeks it, as I am able.

Help with...? So far I have only found help on this site from those who don't blame ex-graduates for their damages. (ex, former, army, sane, rswinters, skeptic, question lady, disenchanted, outofimpact to name a few. Sorry if I missed any).

To what people are you referring to that don't "linger long"? The only people I know who have left the thread who were active participants were Otter, Dynoman and Philips. But they were all the same person.

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: July 20, 2007 01:21PM

Passionate
Eximpact, I find your banter and passion endearing. You really do feel strongly in victims. If they keep seeing themselves as victims they will remain that way for a longer period of time. In your psychology studies I'm sure you have come across that fact.

Actually, in my studies, it is not such a cut and dry matter as you make it out to be. Again, you speak about something you don't seem to know much about. Readers digest version: If you want to help a victim of sexual abuse, incest or molestation, blame them for it. See how far that will get you. What do you say to the 4 year old who is nothing but a sex slave to her father and uncles? Its [i:a55c3ff4a6]your[/i:a55c3ff4a6] fault because you were an innocent when it happened!?! Come on, thats insane. You have to take it in stages. First you have to help the patient accept that they are a victim and that what happened is not their fault. Second, you have to attempt to re-build their self-esteem by helping them see what is good in their lives and what is good about themselves, and hope it sticks. This tactic is not only used for those with history of sexual abuse, but to anyone who is traumatized and abused at the hand of another. It is a long and difficult process that requires discipline and care, not Impact's 4 day whirlwind of mental conditioning and humiliation that leads to a euphoria of false change and bogus improvement! If you want to pretend that victims don't exist, then that is your right, but I don't want to hear it in this forum.

Impact and other LGAT's take advantage of the ignorant, uninformed and the desperate by the most insidious means I can think of, through their loved ones and friends! Duped by the duped and victimized because they love and trust Impact's unwitting minions.

as for helping those that you have enrolled, I answered your question in my last post.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: July 20, 2007 01:36PM

Passionate
Eximpact, I find your banter and passion endearing.

You consider what I have shared in this forum is mere [i:abc67152ba]banter[/i:abc67152ba]? I don't BANTER here! This is life! Its the real deal! There are many, MANY, [b:abc67152ba]MANY[/b:abc67152ba] victims on these boards, and I have done everything I can to expose this Impact con-game at [i:abc67152ba]great[/i:abc67152ba] emotional expense. [b:abc67152ba][i:abc67152ba]BANTER!?![/i:abc67152ba][/b:abc67152ba]

check please...

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 20, 2007 10:31PM

Passionate:

I will answer your questions.

1. How is a counselor different than Impact in this area?

A mental health professional has a college and/or masters degree in the field, counseling credentials, is typically board certified and licensed and accountable to his or her state and local licensing board. And you would never need ot sign a waiver/release regarding legal liability for counselor that meets this description.

2. Do you ever use your emotional side in a constructive way?

This is not relevant to this thread, and is personal question that no one need answer here.

3. Are you telling me you don't like emotion and that it doesn't have a big role in your life?

See response to question number two.

4. I am here to ask if anyone knows how to talk to their friends and former trainees about Impact?

See [www.culteducation.com]

The "coping strategies" outlined through this linked document regarding "cult members" might also easily apply to LGAT devotees such as those involved in IMPACT.

5. Any suggestions for me in my situation?

It sounds like you may have some recovery issues to sort through, such as continuing to blame victims and the continued use of loaded language favored by LGATs like IMPACT.

See [www.culteducation.com]

There are some excellent articles regarding recovery on this page and a directory of additional resources.

Let's stay on topic here.

This thread is about IMPACT TRAINING -- not neo-eastern mysticism, Buddahism, Hinduism, energy theories, or personal sniping.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Passionate ()
Date: July 20, 2007 11:20PM

Thank you Moderator. That coping article was very well written and will be a great help to me.

When I was talking about victims I was not saying it was Rswinter's fault that Klemmer screwed him up. That is all on the shoulders of Klemmer, as it is all on the shoulders of Impact for what they do to their trainees. If it appeared that I was blaming him, I am sorry for the misunderstanding. What I was getting at is that it is unhealthy to stay in the victim role for a long time. Ex, your psychology explanation was well written and I understand better how they process people through their experiences. I would never say "Its all your fault Impact screwed you up." Thank you Ex for expaining that to me. I appreciate having someone here who knows psychology. My engineering mind sometimes doesn't get that stuff.

I have a friend who is a victim in everything in life. If she doesn't have anything wrong with her at that moment she manufacture something to be a victim about. That type of person never gets better because they like being a victim. The attention others give her to mollify their hurt feelings fills a need in them at some sick-minded level. I don't get that Rswinters or anyone else here wants to be that way.

Moderator, its hard to separate and not talk about the Energy stuff because it is a huge, core part of Impact. If they are practicing it and its all crap, wouldn't we want to discuss that? Maybe we have talked about it enough already.

And Former...if I was Otter I would have been booted a long time ago. I see that every time he popped up here he was banned. Instead of insinuating, you could take people at their face value. I would like that. Calling me names won't solve anyone's problems.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Passionate ()
Date: July 20, 2007 11:28PM

What do you say to the 4 year old who is nothing but a sex slave to her father and uncles? Its your fault because you were an innocent when it happened!?!

I have actually heard a Trainer say almost those exact words in Quest. I was like...YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! That kid had no control over it. Then Impact would say that the child had asked for that to happen in the previous life before they came to Earth, so they could learn a lesson. While I don't have any proof of a previous life, I do believe there was one. The thought that it was a place to arrange molestations and such seem a bit of a stretch though. I have no proof that it was, nor do I have proof that it wasn't. This part of the training didn't make me have the warm-fuzzies. I, like others here, saw red flags but continued on.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 21, 2007 12:36AM

OK.

Let's move on.

Discussions and/or debates about religious beliefs e.g. energy chakras, past lives, etc., have no place here.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: July 21, 2007 01:15AM

Passionate
Then Impact would say that the child had asked for that to happen in the previous life before they came to Earth, so they could learn a lesson.
While I understand the moderator's point that we coudl go on and on and never agree about past lives, chakras, etc... the concept of pre-life contracts is something I've wanted to discuss here. I think it is something that can be discussed logically because I think the idea completely illogical. Of course I have had a bit of trouble expressing what I'm thinking regarding this, so if anyone has thoughts on this subject please, please contribute them (I'm especially looking at you ex and former)
OK, first of all let's pretend that Impact's vision of pre-life was real (I have to throw up a little in my mouth). We were all beings of light and unconditional love. Since we were already perfect, it was impossible for us to learn anything. So I decided that I wanted learn forgiveness. So I decided to ask my Dad to sexually abuse me on Earth. He was reluctant but, for my sake, agreed to it (*gagging*). Well, on Earth, my Dad sexually abused me and now I have the chance to learn forgiveness but I'm having a hard time forgiving my Dad for the horrible things he did. Then one day, I attend Impact Trainings and they "remind" me of my pre-life agreements. Horray! I no longer have to forgive him, because he did nothing wrong, in fact he did me a favor, right! Oh wait... since he did me a favor, I guess I didn't learn forgiveness after all, did I?
This concept, in Impact's own terms, is an "avoidance tactic" from REAL forgiveness of an actual wrong, something someone did to you after succumbing to their wekanesses and selfishness.
It is extremely damaging. It places blame back on the already suffering victim, and gives imaginary control, and takes away the only control many vicitms have, which is the choice to forgive or not, and move on.
Also, it is extremely dangerous. It gives abusers a ticket to "fulfill their pre-life contracts". Any and every wrong doing can be explained away with this concept, and in fact people should be thanking the abuser for teaching them life lessons. This is a sickening concept and doesn't even make sense when applied to Impact's own logic. (what's new?)
Again, this subject is one of the most incidious philosophies at impact, and I really feel needs to be addressed, so any logical analysis or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: July 21, 2007 01:27AM

exImpact
Well, how about instead of using your mind or your heart, why not use your brain?
When originally posted about "heart/"mind", using your whole brain was what I was generally getting at, but it came out a littel different I guess. :P That's why I put "heart" and "mind" in quotations and used the words logic and emotion instead. I wanted to point out that Rs had used a typical LGAT phrase (get out of my head and back into my heart), and to point out that there wasn't a war between them. Ultimately, I think all the parts of your brain tend to all be working at what they do simultaneously, so pretty much everyone is always being emotional to a degree and reasonable to a degree, and remembering to a degree, and processing sensory information to a degree and so on and so on.
Anyway, enough on that.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: July 21, 2007 02:05AM

army-of-me
Passionate
Then one day, I attend Impact Trainings and they "remind" me of my pre-life agreements. Horray! I no longer have to forgive him, because he did nothing wrong, in fact he did me a favor, right! Oh wait... since he did me a favor, I guess I didn't learn forgiveness after all, did I?
This concept, in Impact's own terms, is an "avoidance tactic" from REAL forgiveness of an actual wrong, something someone did to you after succumbing to their wekanesses and selfishness.
It is extremely damaging. It places blame back on the already suffering victim, and gives imaginary control, and takes away the only control many vicitms have, which is the choice to forgive or not, and move on.
Also, it is extremely dangerous. It gives abusers a ticket to "fulfill their pre-life contracts". Any and every wrong doing can be explained away with this concept, and in fact people should be thanking the abuser for teaching them life lessons. This is a sickening concept and doesn't even make sense when applied to Impact's own logic. (what's new?)
Again, this subject is one of the most incidious philosophies at impact, and I really feel needs to be addressed, so any logical analysis or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

This is so well said. It definitely makes NO SENSE! This "philosopy" is seductively convenient & self serving. It is NON-SENSE. It's inherently illogical and contradictory. It causes the "lgat effect" in me: when I try to make sense of the non-sense my head spins. Maybe that's part of the plan: to cause confusion in the brains of the subjects.

skeptic

Current Page: 62 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.