Current Page: 65 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: July 22, 2007 10:35AM

formerimpactgrad
Of course the contradiction still exists! The insinuation in lifeboat was not that Jesus was perfect so giving up his life made a difference but rather that Jesus' life was valuable and the Lifeboat trainees' lives were not. The example used in Lifeboat only works if the implication is that the trainees' lives have absolutely no value!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you former.

Passionate
Spiritual?, in reference to the perfection they teach, I saw it a bit differently. I didn't see that they actually taught that we are perfect in the literal sense, like Jesus ws said to have been perfect because he didn't sin, but that I am the perfect me no matter what I do. All of my actions are a total reflection of who I am. My personality, beliefs, thoughts and actions are at all times mine. It doesn't mean I live a moral life (morality is relative) or that I might not have room for improvement, just that I am me. I might not have described that well but I did my best.

If this is the case then that whole thing about distinguishing God and god only lends to further confusion. So, God is perfect and god is the perfect god. I’m the perfect me, but I am also god. So, if I am not perfect in the sense that God is perfect what justifies my ability to perform miracles with my staff and through the decrees? If me being the best me I can be is enough to give me the ability to perform such miracles then what is the point of a perfect God? Of course, these are rhetorical questions. This is not the place to argue philosophy, but I’m sure you see the contradiction.

army-of-me
So for thousands of dollars, one of the things you learned is that “today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
I recall Dr. Suess teaching me that for under $15.

I just had to quote this one because after I read it I was literally rolling on the floor with tears in my eyes because I was laughing so hard. Your previous response about the carnival was marvelous and this was definitely the frosting on the cake. Thank you Army!

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Hope&Joy ()
Date: July 22, 2007 11:23AM

Passionate wrote:
I had a different experience in Lifeboat. I kept my own vote and received the second highest number of votes in the training.

OMG! If I stood in line, could I be your friend?! :roll: I'm kinda new here, but really...try putting a 'com' prefix in your name, and see if it helps.

army-of-me wrote:

So for thousands of dollars, one of the things you learned is that “today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
I recall Dr. Suess teaching me that for under $15.

Actually, Army, if I recall correctly, this one came in our first set of 5 books that was free except for shipping & handling! :lol: Can I join your army and we could be an army-of-us?? :) Have a nice weekend everyone!

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: July 22, 2007 12:24PM

formerimpactgrad
Passionate
I had a different experience in Lifeboat. I kept my own vote and received the second highest number of votes in the training. For me, in my core training, this was one of the few processes that didn't tear me down.

Spiritual?, in reference to the perfection they teach, I saw it a bit differently. I didn't see that they actually taught that we are perfect in the literal sense, like Jesus ws said to have been perfect because he didn't sin, but that I am the perfect me no matter what I do. All of my actions are a total reflection of who I am. My personality, beliefs, thoughts and actions are at all times mine. It doesn't mean I live a moral life (morality is relative) or that I might not have room for improvement, just that I am me. I might not have described that well but I did my best.

With that thought, would there still be the contradiction that you pointed out earlier?

Of course the contradiction still exists! The insinuation in lifeboat was not that Jesus was perfect so giving up his life made a difference but rather that Jesus' life was valuable and the Lifeboat trainees' lives were not. The example used in Lifeboat only works if the implication is that the trainees' lives have absolutely no value!

As far as the Otter thing goes, there are plenty of ways to not get banned. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to alter an IP address or use a different email account. Otter is/was an absolute fanatic and it seems unlikely that his departure from the site coincided seamlessly with your arrival. Especially since you seem to have the same MO as Otter.

Passionate your posts do have that otter flare to them. Even in your posts that say your not, and in your posts where you are seemingly not being an apologists.

There is definitely a similarity in your posting, and how otter communicated that is hard to ignore here.

I definitely do not trust your stated intentions as being your true intentions on this site.

That is just me, and its my opinion.

So, I also agree with formerimpactgrad. There is definitely something unsetteling about you, and your posts.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: July 22, 2007 12:37PM

Passionate
I had a different experience in Lifeboat. I kept my own vote and received the second highest number of votes in the training. For me, in my core training, this was one of the few processes that didn't tear me down.

With that thought, would there still be the contradiction that you pointed out earlier?

This line of bull is what gets used by abusive people to avoid facing themselves, and deal with being told by another how relationally abusive their behavior is affecting the relational environment within a relational conflict.

This is sure a nice slimy excuse to be abusive by a person who refuses to look at relationally abusive behavior by stating this line of crap in a relational conflict.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: July 22, 2007 12:40PM

Passionate are you sure that you are not Otter reincarnated?

Any computer nerds out there who can check into this?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 24, 2007 12:39AM

To whom it may concern:

fatherof3 has been banned from the board.

This thread certainly has its share of "Internet trolls."

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Passionate ()
Date: July 24, 2007 01:53AM

I do stand by my post that morals are relative. Here's a good article that describes morality and the philosophy of them:

[en.wikipedia.org]

I promise this isn't a religious discussion, but Impact seems to dabble in that field a bit so I thought I'd bring this up. One thing I have wanted to discuss is the "I AM" statement made in Summit. Pamela would say "I Am that I Am" while pointing to a trainee. The way she said it implied that Jesus would be pointing to any one of us and saying "I am that" or saying "I am John, I am!" meaning he is the same as us, or that he IS us. This confused me. Can any of you grads shed some light on this?

IMPACT Trainings
Date: July 24, 2007 03:56AM

Passionate
I do stand by my post that morals are relative. Here's a good article that describes morality and the philosophy of them:

[en.wikipedia.org]

I promise this isn't a religious discussion, but Impact seems to dabble in that field a bit so I thought I'd bring this up. One thing I have wanted to discuss is the "I AM" statement made in Summit. Pamela would say "I Am that I Am" while pointing to a trainee. The way she said it implied that Jesus would be pointing to any one of us and saying "I am that" or saying "I am John, I am!" meaning he is the same as us, or that he IS us. This confused me. Can any of you grads shed some light on this?

Why are your posts so out of touch with reality?

Or, am I the only one that misses seeing a point in Passionates posts?

What I do see is an attempt to create meaningless posts about meaningless aspects about LGAT's.

I smell a wolf in a sheeps disquise as I read passionates posts.

Anyone else?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: July 24, 2007 04:02AM

rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

fatherof3 has been banned from the board.

This thread certainly has its share of "Internet trolls."

Fatherof3 was not a troll. While he and I weren't "on the same page" some of the time, he was sincere in his intentions, questions and views. (Unlike someone else here *cough passionate cough* who isn't banned.) Was there a rule that fatherof3 broke? What happened?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Passionate ()
Date: July 24, 2007 04:05AM

RS, I'm sorry you see some things as meaningless. Just because you see it that way doesn't mean it may not be real for someone else. This aspect of the training impacted me and I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts on it. My religious beliefs were challenged in many aspects at Impact. This was one of them. Each person who goes throught an LGAT has a bit different experience and I'm no exception. What I saw in the training room may not be exactly what someone else saw, kinda like a cop asking for a description of the perpetrator - they will get different versions from the eye-witnesses. So my take may be a bit different than someone else's.

As I struggle through my post-Impact life these kinds of things still sit in the back of my brain and bug me. Small to you maybe, but important to work through to me.

Current Page: 65 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.