Current Page: 100 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: September 24, 2008 03:29AM

Deja Vu
Ryan I believe that you also have a very good point and I agree with you. That it is easy to get all hook up into symbolism and placing the importance on the symbol of the cross when the most important aspect is the heart of the believer and trusting in God. The resurrection of Jesus is truly the most pivotal point that separated the Christian faith from all. We all know people who carry around and wear crosses like it is some kind of lucky charm. My observation is that the spiritual parenting looks a bit like the Mormon polygamy. In Tony's obsession to be more like David he has that open opinion that the bible does not say you can not have more than one wife. So I add that up to the spiritual parenting and notice that the Mormon LDS wards do not have a cross on them. However in the Mormon religion they do not recognize the power of the blood of Jesus Christ. We could start a new thread and discuss the Mormon theology
But in answer to your question
Yes that is my openion...
i formed it by looking at the evidence & fruit of Tonys teachings then looking at the devastation that has followed in the lifestyles of his disciples and sycophant flowers. When comparing his teachings to other religions there are some similarities.
I believe that As Long as Tony is allowed to continue to practicing his Spiritual Parenting he is more practicing pagan rituals. and again that is my opinion based on my history with Tony and evidence of his fruit.

In no way am i calling the people of Radiant Life pagan or cultists. I believe we both can agree they have been deceived, they have been lied to, they have been hurt and some are just now experiencing the hurt and abuse! after all I was one of the abused.

I am adamant about encouraging people to start thinking for themselves to break out of that trans. I want the people of RLc to start doing their own research and start asking questions. I want people to recognize that if Tony was from God and is Gods spokesman then why are the words and teachings all falling apart?

Deja Vu
Braveheart

"Another observation do you see a Cross on or in the Radiant Life church?
Hmm the Mormons don’t have crosses in there Wards and Temples.
Because if you take the cross out of Christianity, nothing is left but paganism--even if it looks like a church but the cross is nowhere to be found.

Braveheart, is this an opinion or a stated fact based on truth?

I personally have a difference of opinion. Does this mean that I am pagan? I, based on my view, don't believe that this makes Radiant Life a pagan church or not. It seems that much of our "Christian Religion" today does more worshipping of the cross and the "religion" comparred to living for the NEW Life that Jesus gave us. The cross is a symbol. A symbol of his death. But what power does Jesus's death have if he never was resurected? My personal opinion is that churches that do not show the symbol of the cross on the building, which Jesus does not live in (he lives and dwells in us), is of little importance in His eyes. LOVE however and the GLORIFYING of his name(not his cross) is of much greater value.---notice that I am stating that "I believe". It is my thought and opinion.

I do not want to get into an "opinion" bout, but I am just wanting to state that we need to focus on things that are relevent, tangable and sound. Thanks Braveheart for your willingness to continue to write your thoughts and perspectives even though many have their own that may look different. Right now...It is of most importance to try the best we can to state truths from our experiences.

Ryan

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: September 24, 2008 07:22AM

After much prayerful consideration, Radiant life church of Katy Texas has decided to disconnect from Radiant Life Church of Sacramento Ca. releasing them from any and all oversight. We have felt God calling us to a new direction and purpose for some time. Our desire in moving forward is to leave the old behind and grab the new that God has for us. As we move forward we look with great anticipation to the many changes that he is bring us through. To those who have been hurt we offer our repentance and pray that they would not hold there experience against God’s church. We desire that everyone would be reconciled to Christ.

Thank you very much
Elders of RLC Katy TX.

This pops up when you go to the RLC Katy website. Without wanting to get in a great debate about whether a leapard can change it's spots I feel this is a very bold and humble move. This message is from the elders who apparantly stepped in. There is acknowledgement of the hurt that has been caused. I do not have any special insight on this like some of you but am encouraged that the church leadership is acknowledging the hurt. I would hope that they would go a bit further and make an effort to personally contact those in Katy that they know have been hurt and repent personally with great humility and try to restore what has been destroyed. I know some of you are skeptical of the motives of this but for me it is a step. Like I said it is a step. The message may be a bit misleadingin saying they have felt god calling them in a different direction. I believe that the heat from this website and those out there hurting is what prompted it. I wish they would have just said that instead of trying to be so political, but it is a step. I really do not know any of the people well enough to speak of their character and probably would not want to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2008 07:29AM by whatajoke.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: September 24, 2008 12:25PM

Great things ARE happening!!! But me must press on. Keep praying for reconciliation, restitution for wrongs and that all involved will be made right with God. My hope for RLC Katy is that they come under an authority outside of their congregation, and become active in unity among the body of Christ in that community.
Good night all and God bless.

Date: September 24, 2008 02:04PM

Dear Pastor Tom and the remaining flock in Katy Texas.
As a regular poster on the Rick Ross Cult Education forum and one who has first hand experience of Spiritual Abuse.
I am thankful for your recent decision to pull away from the influence of Tony Cunningham and the Radiant Life Church of Sacramento.

I have personally experienced much healing from this forum and reading others testimonies it has bee a great source of encouragement through the healing of the many hurts. This is a safe place to share your testimonies, concerns, fears and connect with other brothers and sisters who love and care for you all.

This is a very important time not only for your few sheep left in the flock but now is the time for reconciliation.

I want to encourage you with the following promises

Revelations 2:24-29

Now I say to the rest of you in (KATY) Thyatira, to you who do not hold to (Tonys) her teaching and have not learned Satan's so;called deep secrets (I will not impose any other burden on you): Only hold on to what you have until I come. To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations–
‘He will rule them with an iron scepter;
he will dash them to pieces like pottery’
just as I have received authority from my Father.
I will also give him the morning star.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Dan

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: September 25, 2008 11:00AM

Hello everyone… just wanted to say hi and I am glad that people continue to be encouraged by this forum…

Vaguely I will say… we have only just begun…

And as cliché as it sounds, for those who pray… pray for the elders… as I have learned some are not favorable towards me, and even some others, yet I cannot help but think to leave them by the waist side is to only become what I fight against…

Date: September 25, 2008 09:20PM

This site now has over 50,000 views just on this forum thread alone!!!!
That means people are interested in what is going on and reading the posts!
People are finally asking questions and People are sharing there personal experiences from RLc.

Radiant Life Church of Laguna has changed there name to Open Door Community Church.
They still have not posted any kind of official statement and that may be in the works. I believe it would be good and right for some kind of official statement to address this Forum and give a prospective of what they have gone through and also give us the direction that their church is now going.

I am happy for my brothers and sisters there who have endured all that they have. I believe that they will come out of this a stronger church body with unity. Continue to pray for them and encourage them.

Like wise Radiant Life Church of Katy Texas has officially closed there doors.
What is next?
What were there reasons for closing?
What is Toms position now?
Again I believe it would be good for ether Tom or the Elders to post an official statement as to where they have been and what new direction they are now going?
What is in store for the future of the remaining people that left Sacramento and are there in Katy?
We must keep them in our prayers and stay connected.

Posted by: keeping it real ()
Date: September 25, 2008 11:55PM

To find out how people feel about the Katy branch-go to "topix.com" look under rlc katy

Date: September 26, 2008 06:50AM

Got this from the moderators first post on this particular forum. I thought it was interesting. The way to find a counterfiet is to study the real thing.

Ten signs of a safe group/leader.
A safe group/leader will answer your questions without becoming judgmental and punitive.

A safe group/leader will disclose information such as finances and often offer an independently audited financial statement regarding budget and expenses. Safe groups and leaders will tell you more than you want to know.

A safe group/leader is often democratic, sharing decision making and encouraging accountability and oversight.

A safe group/leader may have disgruntled former followers, but will not vilify, excommunicate and forbid others from associating with them.

A safe group/leader will not have a paper trail of overwhelmingly negative records, books, articles and statements about them.

A safe group/leader will encourage family communication, community interaction and existing friendships and not feel threatened.

A safe group/leader will recognize reasonable boundaries and limitations when dealing with others.

A safe group/leader will encourage critical thinking, individual autonomy and feelings of self-esteem.

A safe group/leader will admit failings and mistakes and accept constructive criticism and advice.

A safe group/leader will not be the only source of knowledge and learning excluding everyone else, but value dialogue and the free exchange of ideas.

Date: September 26, 2008 09:05AM

1 John 1:9-10

9 But God is faithful and fair. If we admit that we have sinned, he will forgive us our sins. He will forgive every wrong thing we have done. He will make us pure. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar. His word has no place in our lives.

Date: September 26, 2008 10:45PM

Have you ever noticed the New Radiant Life logo looks a bit like the classic Yin-Yang symbol???

The meaning of Yin-Yang

This Simbol(Yin-Yang) represents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work. The outer circle represents "everything", while the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two energies, called "yin" (black) and "yang" (white), which cause everything to happen. They are not completely black or white, just as things in life are not completely black or white, and they cannot exist without each other.

While "yin" would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, "yang" would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The shape of the yin and yang sections of the symbol, actually gives you a sense of the continual movement of these two energies, yin to yang and yang to yin, causing everything to happen: just as things expand and contract, and temperature changes from hot to cold.

Just something to think about

Attachments: Radiant_Life-YIN-YANG.jpg (89.6 KB)  
Current Page: 100 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.