Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: September 23, 2008 12:27AM

Thank you Brian. As I'm sure some younger people's first response will be dismiss my post. Perhaps your post will cause them to rethink!

As I read much of what is written from where I'm sitting it comes across as if it is communicated from bitterness if that is true those statements do need safe place to bring them out so that you can heal however doing here in my opinion is not going to accomplish that. I’ve heard Tony C. say something that has a degree of validity to it and that is something to the effect of venting does not help anyone heal. There is some truth in that statement venting just too express ones anger is of no benefit to the one venting or those hearing/reading it.

However in my own case last Wednesday and Thursday I found myself being greatly affected by what happened to me at RLC especially in my relationship with Dan Flory and also because of the apparent lack of proper response to all that has come out by the Elder’s. Though I ad already made the conscious choice to forgive Dan, Tony C. and anyone else at RLC. Nevertheless I found that even though I’d forgiven and was not bitter I was still hurting.

Due to the dynamics of being a Single father and other responsibilities and activities since leaving RLC I simply had no opportunity to completely bring this to God until it was resolved or to talk to anyone in person at length with an objective view that had not been part of it. Therefore I took some time of work and got away from my family during the day to spend time alone with God and a more mature man of God who is not from RLC nor has ever been associated with it, but has had relationship with Tony C. this provided for healing and closure.

I also learned first hand why many Ton C. has lost or was never able to establish many “Strategic” relationships within Sacramento and elsewhere, because either Tony C. attempted to exercise authority he didn’t have, insisting on getting his way, or because the Men of God had discernment as to the spirit controlling Tony C. and therefore chose to not enter into relationship with him. Please do not try to guess or assume you know the man of God I met with as it is likely you don’t know him.

As one who has had to forgive it is not my intention to take away the validity of any ones pain or infer that anyone should not have pain or have the feelings anyone is experiencing. However one of the things that has helped me to forgive is the understanding that it I have the same sin nature as Tony C. and it is only by the grace of God that I was not the one teaching these lies. Plus if I'm going to be honest I have to admit I've miss-used authority and influence, and my spiritual gifts to my own advantage and have had false beliefs that led me to practices and behaviors that have hurt others perhaps on a smaller scale, nevertheless I did and if I had the platform Tony C has had it would have been on the same scale.

There is truth in the saying "Except for the grace of God, their go I." Another thing that helps me, because for many years I was ruled by anger, bitterness, and disappointment, from real things that happened to me and some falsely perceived things and therefore I know not just as rhetoric, but by experience that I am the only suffering from my unresolved bitterness in my heart.

I’m not going to point out specific peoples statements that come across as being spoken out of bitterness nor am I saying that none of my own has, but I have made effort not to. However I am saying ask the Lord if you do not know whether you are communicating here or anywhere else simply out of bitterness for the purpose of just venting it on others. If you are finding that anyone cannot find a place of healing and closure I strongly suggest meeting in person with a trustworthy brother or sister who is mature that you can talk to receive counsel and pray with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: September 23, 2008 12:44AM

I just want to shout out a loud, THANK YOU JESUS!!! I am in the "target" age/gender group. What ever it was that kept me from being a desirable target for them, I thank God... I tend to notice that the girls who have bit into the RLC thing with a vengance, are thin, beautiful, and dress well. As much as that was another reason to look at myself and cringe, I am glad that I am free of RLC! Unfortunately it is another example of high school cliquishness. Popular girls, beautiful girls that get the attention and the "honor". Just another thing to be hit upside the head with if you don't fit in. I am not worthy... and how glad I am.

Thanks for your post Ryan, it was very good.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 23, 2008 01:40AM

TomWilson:

You said, "As I read much of what is written from where I'm sitting it comes across as if it is communicated from bitterness..."

But then you said, "I’m not going to point out specific peoples statements that come across as being spoken out of bitterness..."

A warning.

Attempting to either attack participants of this board personally, or denigrate their discussion, will result in you being banned from this board.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 23, 2008 05:15AM

TomWilson:

Please cease your observations about "bitterness."

Last post deleted.

Last warning.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: September 23, 2008 01:13PM

Shane
Thanks for your last post I believe you’re correct in saying that Tony has Spiritually RAPED. His false teachings run deep and wide and the destruction that is left in his wake keep affecting people long after they have left RLc!

I believe Tony is taking what I will call basic paganism, and mixing it into Christianity! In a letter I gave to Tony Cunningham over two and a half years ago I called the “Prophetic Cadre” “THE PATHETIC CADRE” He was incensed, calling me that Sunday afternoon from Tiburon California just before he went into the Staff and Elders retreat. The “Prophetic Cadre” would meet ever Sunday at 4:oo PM and learn how to become prophetic! (I smell manipulation). Yet after meeting for a year they could not see what was happening with Jon Richards Worship Team. They could not see the turmoil going on with Pastor Kevin’s life (thank God Kevin is out of there!). And they could not see the devastation that Tonys Teaching of Spiritual Parenting was causing Families in the church. I said to Tony that they were so blind to the truth that they would not recognize a demon even if it had a name tag on it. I believe Tony has taken bits and pieces of Transcendental Meditation & Witchcraft and weaved it into the life style of being prophetic. You will hear Tony say that he has never called himself a prophet but Out of this Group they would say That Tony is a prophet of God. And never once did Tony refute what they were lifting him up to be. He only encouraged the Tony Worship.

Another observation do you see a Cross on or in the Radiant Life church?
Hmm the Mormons don’t have crosses in there Wards and Temples.
Because if you take the cross out of Christianity, nothing is left but paganism--even if it looks like a church but the cross is nowhere to be found.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: September 23, 2008 11:00PM

Braveheart

"Another observation do you see a Cross on or in the Radiant Life church?
Hmm the Mormons don’t have crosses in there Wards and Temples.
Because if you take the cross out of Christianity, nothing is left but paganism--even if it looks like a church but the cross is nowhere to be found.

Braveheart, is this an opinion or a stated fact based on truth?

I personally have a difference of opinion. Does this mean that I am pagan? I, based on my view, don't believe that this makes Radiant Life a pagan church or not. It seems that much of our "Christian Religion" today does more worshipping of the cross and the "religion" comparred to living for the NEW Life that Jesus gave us. The cross is a symbol. A symbol of his death. But what power does Jesus's death have if he never was resurected? My personal opinion is that churches that do not show the symbol of the cross on the building, which Jesus does not live in (he lives and dwells in us), is of little importance in His eyes. LOVE however and the GLORIFYING of his name(not his cross) is of much greater value.---notice that I am stating that "I believe". It is my thought and opinion.

I do not want to get into an "opinion" bout, but I am just wanting to state that we need to focus on things that are relevent, tangable and sound. Thanks Braveheart for your willingness to continue to write your thoughts and perspectives even though many have their own that may look different. Right now...It is of most importance to try the best we can to state truths from our experiences.

Ryan

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: September 23, 2008 11:29PM

Wow I have received a Private Messages someone who thinking that I’m struggling with bitterness. I feel it is important for all of you to see how some people think while others may just have a hard time understanding me.

So here is my reply:
I don’t know who you are other than child of god I thought you were somebody else from the Myspace, but that does not matter. If you go back and look I have given Tony time to stop his reckless teachings and stop his slanderous madness. I have given the Elders plenty of time to pull there heads out of the sand and stand up for what is right! I have respectfully been silent and quiet while waiting on the Lord. I have been consistent with my position calling Tony out as a False Teacher and False Prophet and False Apostle. I’m open to anybody that can testify that He has changed. Until you can show me that or I see a change in the fruit I will stick to my position.

I would like to respond to some of your comments, so that we can have a conversation.
Please bear in mind I am going to be blatantly honest with you as normally, I am very passionate about what I believe to be true. Plus I interject a lot of my humor and that is a bit tongue & cheek humor. Yes I love to laugh and I laugh often.
My comments will be in "green"

No I am Not Bitter....I'm Angry at the evil lurking at RLc and yes! I am tired of people being hurt by Tony and the Elders and Staffers.

So please read on...hopefully you will gain some insight and understanding.

COG, You wrote

Hello Dan,

I have been following the posts on the RLC sites off and on for some time now. It grieves me to see such pain, and in many cases such bitterness. I pray for those who have been wounded over the years as well as for those who have been the instruments of the wounding. I say "instruments" because if you believe the Word it says as follows:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

That’s Great! But let me remind you Tony is not in a heavenly place! In fact he lives around the corner from me. Tony has become a CANCER to the Christian Church Body and the community at large! And what do doctors do with cancer? They get rid of it best that they can.
But going back to your bible verse Ephesians 6:12 I believe you forgot to look a bit further. Paul just described the suit of armor that a soldier wears relating it to our spiritual battle. Then take a look at Paul how often just in the book of Acts would he go into the synagogue and try reasoning with the Sanhedrin or Pharisees. That would be like me going into a Jehovah Witness meeting and trying to reason with them. I have tried to reason with Tony and he isolates himself from any confrontation. No wonder he slips out of the church before the final song is played and people are dismissed. That is why this forum has been such a source of encouragement to people who are still inside and outside RLc asking questions. And the others who have broken free they can share there stories and read others knowing that they are not the only ones who have been abused. Are we going to strap on our armor like Paul described or, our we going to strap on our knee pads and just to pray? For me I’m putting my faith in my God and I’m going to warn as many people as I can!!!! until Tony is removed as a pastor and the elders who have tolerated his teachings have been removed.

It is human nature for us to want to look at the individuals and blame them, but especially in the situations at RLC, we must remember that there is an enemy on the prowl.

Yes The Enemy is on the prowl and he is stealing young beautiful girls from there parents and encouraging these youngsters to emancipate from there natural parents! Tonys Spiritual Parenting is almost like bigamy with out the wedding!

I knew many of the "instruments" before any of this occurred. There was a time when they truly were men and women of God. Things changed. I am not sure when you, and your family came on board at RLC; but I was part of it when we met on Waterman Road and were still Elk Grove Community Church. Things were great then. I was a new Christian and received great teaching and support in my walk. As things began to change, I am thankful that God surrounded me with good people and gave me good discernment skills. I did ask a lot of questions regarding things that were going on, but as long as I was not impacted, nor was my family, I ignored it. Was that wrong? Perhaps, but I had no influence over others, and felt it was best to mind to my own affairs and pray. I was watchful of who my children developed relationship with and what they were being taught and I am truly thankful that my children were protected.

Instruments, YES! Like Pawns, people are befriended by elders and staffers used up and discarded like used toilet paper. Yes Things have changed and it really took hold when Tony went after Buzz Oats..
It sounds like we go back to about the same time at EGCC I was close to Adam & Julie Greer.

So, just to say that I choose not to post.....I have not been wounded, only grieved. As I said I pray for those involved. I pray for you, and your family. I pray that you are freed you from all bitterness, anger and rage; that you are left with only being "pissed off" at the enemy because that is who are battle is truly against. I pray that complete forgiveness will draw you closer to God, and if you are not involved with a HEALTHY, WELL-BALANCED church that God will direct you to the right fellowship. I pray for the restoration of those involved and that first and foremost they will not lose sight of the fact that GOD LOVES them, That he is in control and will make all things new for them if they just seek him.

Anyway, enough rambling. I have not given my name, because I don't think you know me. I have not been active with RLC Sacramento for 4 years now; I am thankful that God pulled me to the side of the road one day and spoke very clearly that it was time. I have been very actively involved with another fellowship and my relationship with God has been greatly enhanced as a result of that.

Anyway, God bless you, Dan. May God heal your wounds quickly and restore you to the righteous man you were created to be.
That is where Tony’s Theology still runs amuck there is nothing that I can do to ever attract more of the presents of God in my life. God is there just like a father picking you up from a fall.

Second letter
“I cannot begin to express to you how I have been grieving for people like you over the last week. Sometimes I wish I never asked for more of God's heart. But the reality is, that God grieves even more than we do.”

Ok I understand the concept of having Gods heart. He hates evil!!!! Trust me he gives that to me also. But to go on in a bragging manor lamenting over your ability to have Gods heart is a bit like the Tonyisms that people have picked up by being around him.

Do I understand you? Yes and no... I only understand you as much as God allows me to; but he understands you perfectly.

OK you have set yourself up as being way more spiritual and way more connected to God than I am. Hmm

Question: are you judging me?
One of the byproducts of Tony is the spirit of competition people will posture and masquerade as they are more connected to God and frankly that is a problem with Tony’s Theology. We could go into a great debate about Tony’s Theology

You said “I agree that the hurting and deception needs to STOP!! I agree that Tony, as the head of the flock, is responsible to ensure that "HIS Sheep hear his voice (and I do not mean Tony's voice).

OK we both agree on something this is good!
OK I have used this analogy before and it bears repeating if you know that a school bus is in disrepair meaning that the breaks are not working would you allow your children and friends to get on the bus? Well I would not! In fact if I knew that somebody was intentionally loading people on that bus hopping to make 3-4 more runs just to pocket the cash, with all good intentions of getting the breaks fixed someday. I would be doing everything I could in my power to stop the bus!!! I guess that is the old firefighter / paramedic in me that is willing to risk my life for a stranger. You arm chair Christians get over yourself!

" My goodness, Dan, if you only understood heart grieves for you and your precious family...more importantly how much God's heart grieves for you.

Hmm…OK….
I believe what you are sensing from God is that He is grieving for YOU and YOUR DECEPTION, TOLERATING TONY’S FALSE TEACHINGS. (Think about that for a couple of days)

I understand when you say that healing comes from ensuring that others are rescued; but we must remember that Christ is Savior, when we fix our eyes on him, it all works out.

Now wait just a moment Have you bought into the thinking that people receive a Spiritual Covering by attending RLc? That you get an extra covering by being submitted to a discipler who is connected to Tony? My goodness.
MY COVERING IS THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!! NOT TONY OR GREG OR RADIANT LIFE!
This is the attitude that was promoted through Tony’s false teaching: That if you’re submitted to your discipler and lets say they give you bad council…well God will honor you for being submitted to your discipler and He will work all thing together for his Glory. This is simply reckless counseling with out any responsibility! Something Tony is good at.

Take care, Dan. Please know that I am not pointing a finger at you, nor am I trying to say that you are passing judgement.

Rather, I am just trying to encourage you to put your hope in the Lord, Not some website where people you may not know (like me) are posting comments that may or may not be applicable to what God has allowed you to walk through.

Well it sure comes across like you are passing judgment….and you are much more closer to God than I am.
For the record this web site is more than just a Forum to make postings. This web site has many Cult Educational Resources about CULT ACTIVITY, news updates and countless articles about specific cults. God gives us the ability to create, think, reason, and make choices. This Web site has been attacked by people who have tried to defend Tony and or muddy the waters and they have simply added salt to the wounds of the many who have been hurt. I believe that if the apostle Paul were here he would have had Tony shut down a long time ago! Go look at the life of Paul, He did everything out in the public eye. With no hidden agenda.

Your healing comes from the Lord, he alone knows your pain! By the way, you WILL come out on the other side a much stronger man!! I know that I have not travelled the path that you have, but my heart does indeed go out for you. I pray that you will recognize that there are still those in this world that truly love the Lord, those that can discern between the spirit of the Lord and the spirit of the enemy. God is good!.

Yes I agree God is good! If the teachings and leadership with Tony Cunningham were from God we would not have all the devastation following everywhere Tony has gone.

He does still sit on the throne: and IF we would just unify as a body of sincere believers, the enemy would be bound up and thrown into the great abyss!!

Anyway, I am sorry if you feel that I am just passing on my "inexperienced" perspective on things, but I truly believe that the Lord has me reaching out to you. i will continue to pray for you and your family unless God (or on the outside chance, you)directs otherwise.

OK thanks COG

I know some arm chair Christians have this life view of Jesus they see him wearing Birkenstock scandals, white robes, wavy long hair, the birds are singing and little children are playing at his feet. But I challenge you to look at the Resurrected Jesus. I know that the first thought or image that comes to my mind is of Jesus floating up into the clouds and yes he did…I believe that! But I challenge you to open up the book Revelations. Yeah I know it is intimidating to some and scary to others but simply look at the outline that Jesus gives John in Chapter 1:19
‘write the things that you have seen, the things that are, and the things that are to come.’ I believe as you study the story and history of John this all occurred after he was lowered into a boiling vat of oil and because he did not die so the Romans put him on the island of Patmos to slowly die there. Look at how John sees Jesus in chapter one “the exalted Lord” these are the things that are. I also believe that after he wrote down the book of Revelations he wrote the Gospel of John then latter 1, 2 & 3 books of John.
Then look at chapters 2-3 here are the things that are. Some theologian’s think that these 7 represent the church ages, personally I don’t get that one. Others think it is literal and only applies to the church it was written to. Then there are people like me who believe that these are all characteristics that we find in churches today. When Jesus says “I have this against you” I’m sorry but I don’t want to be close to that!

Some people have this life view that we should all hold hands, pray & sing another round of Kum ba yah, my Lord and our worries will be over. But I don’t see that example from the Bible.

When I get reports of how many families and people have been hurt by Tonys Teachings & Manipulation I will not only pray for them but I put my faith into action!. Every time I read a new testimony of another friend, brother or sister in Christ has broken free it helps heal the wounds! Hearing what and how they came to the realization of the truth and how they have broken free gives me a little more healing. I will not just abandon my friends and sweep all that is going on behind the closed doors of Tony’s inter circle of RLc. As I post this letter 9-22-2008 Tony has not stopped his false teachings and he is still hurting people even as I pound this letter out to you!

Yes, I have hope for Tony to realize that he is really wrong and to repent then to go to the people he has wounded and make reconciliation with them.

Until then Tony has become a CANCER to the church body and he needs to cut out!
If you see that as judging then you still don't understand me.

Then try following this line of thinking….Would you let a convicted pedophile work at the school you have your children at?
Now going back I'm reading your logic and values you would say yes to that. that you are not here to Judge..
Ok lets change the scenario a bit. “Oh but he has changed and he is now lurking at your church heading up the children’s ministry….But you say its OK???? We are not here to Judge. Oh come on lets get real here.

I have not condemned Tony to hell!!

I'm simply looking at his fruit and I see it is so rotting that it is affecting any good fruit still left in the basket (RLc).

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: September 24, 2008 01:28AM

After several communications with more then one forum member regarding my last post and prayer. I now wish I could delete it as I now believe it was out of line and I was actually projecting my own past issues on others and thereby making untrue judgments of what some have said in posts. For that I apologize to all I offended.

Dan (Braveheart) I agree with everthing you said in your last post!

Posted by: Cheesefrog ()
Date: September 24, 2008 02:32AM

Hello all, I attended Elk Grove Community (RLC) back in the mid 90’s and can tell you even back then the writing was on the wall. I was a high school student back then and the first warning sign I saw was the youth ministry that Tom Borsic and his brother were in charge of. The problem I had with this was not their hearts nor motives, but their experience and lack of knowledge of pretty basic Biblical doctrine. I pulled Tom to the side one evening and talked with him about it and he openly admitted he wasn’t familiar with certain books of the Bible. I didn’t hold it against him because at the time his heart was in the right place and I believed that within a year’s time he could get caught up to speed. However, later on he asked me to join a group of teenagers to form a new group he was thinking of doing. Basically it was a leader for a group called Brigades. When he told me of the others he was thinking of including I knew there would be issues because I didn’t think any of them were believers with the exception of Amy Bollinger.

During that time period from around ’94 to ’97 I had issues with other aspects of the church and elders (which my father happened to be) regarding some of the dangerous activities allowed and some of the wholesome programs that were put to the back burner. For instance, there used to be a discipleship class/program before church on Sunday yet only a dozen or so people attended. It used Charles Ryrie’s Systematic Theology as a guide and we covered many basic principles yet this class/program was never really encouraged as the whole thought of Discipleship was not something Tony really believed in at the time. From what I’ve heard later on at RLC Tony was all for it and the pyramid scheme blessing system that came along with it.

Now I left because I saw Elk Grove Community either becoming a seeker church or becoming closer to the Word Faith movement, which hit its zenith back in the 90’s. I never imagined it would lead into what I’ve read and heard which saddens me because of so many people I had close ties with. It saddens me even more running into people who used to love God not wanting anything to do with Church.

The reason why Tony shifted his attention to the youth and new Christians should be clear to most of you now, he could mold them into whatever he wanted them to be. The reason why Elk Grove Community was a revolving door for so many mature Christians was because they also saw the writing on the walls. What’s the most convincing lie? The one that is 99% true. In the same way Tony operates with a message on Sunday that is mostly good, but it’s that little bit that’s off that makes it so dangerous. Even more so with Tony because he changes his stripes with whomever he is talking with. I know this because I’ve talked with him plenty of times and as recently as a year ago ran into him. From what he told me you’d think he was an old school Baptist preacher.

I was made aware of this forum a couple weeks ago from an extended family member who is hurting from his experience at this church and because it has been so long I doubt I know any of you, but I’ve been praying since I’ve been reading this thread. Of all the churches I’ve been to in the last 16 years of being a Christian (I’m 27) I can honestly say most people have let me down and many over the years have wandered from their first love. It wasn’t until I was 24 and on the mission field that it became truly evident to me that the only person who will not fail me is the Lord. I always knew this, but God had to bring me to complete brokenness before he could actually use me and I praise His name for it. And this was when I was/am apart of a wonderful church!

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: September 24, 2008 03:06AM

Cheesefrog,
That was a very good and productive post. Thank you for your willingness to not only post on here, but also pray. This forum really blew up with a whole sea of people coming on here since the beginning of July. That is a good place to start reaeding from from my perspective. I have heard from others that were with the church from the inception, that there were warning signs.

cheesefrong quote: "Of all the churches I’ve been to in the last 16 years of being a Christian (I’m 27) I can honestly say most people have let me down and many over the years have wandered from their first love. It wasn’t until I was 24 and on the mission field that it became truly evident to me that the only person who will not fail me is the Lord. I always knew this, but God had to bring me to complete brokenness before he could actually use me and I praise His name for it. And this was when I was/am apart of a wonderful church!

This is very similar to me and I agree with you on this statement. For me, I am truly grateful for this whole experience. I would not trade a moment of it. Why? Because of where it has brought me today. I can see clearly! God made TRUTH known to me. Anyow, bless you and thank you for your boldness to post.

TO ALL WHO ARE READING;
I would love to hear more of you speak. It is OK to post. You are not sinning. Will you be so bold to share? Please, stand upright and tell your side of things. Share your experiences! We can all grow and be changed as a result of more of you opening yourselves up.

Ryan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.