Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Paul74 ()
Date: March 31, 2009 06:30AM

Worship Big - thanks for the update. I was actually hoping this thing (the suit) would go to court, as I feel that it may be the only way to have the truth brought. I am sure Tony and the elders would prefer to handle it outside of the court system as it lessens their exposure to the potential uncovering of the corrupt financial dealings they have been a party to. It sickens me to think the churches insurance may end up picking up some of the tab on this; that Tony and the church may forgoe the financial audit that needs to occur; and we will all again see him driving around in the Porsche that was never earned through the sweat of his labor. Or will the insurance company say no way and make them pay? Could the IRS really show up soon and become part of their lives? Or will we soon catch a glimpse of Tony driving in a newly restored Yugo?

Stay tuned!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Iseenow ()
Date: March 31, 2009 11:48AM

Is there hope that all who have been hurt will some day be vindicated in the eyes of those closest to Tony these days? Highly unlikely unless the IRS or some other such agency can build a case and convict Tony criminally. I would surmiss that only a stint in jail might wake up those closest Tony including Tony himself.

As this is my first post you may ask why so clear to start with. I have followed this and other blogs for some time now and as my name indicates I can see this man for who he clearly is now. There is no simple answer to turning him around.

I have also noticed that many of you have been finally vindicated and freed from his ongoing oppression as I have. Kudos to you all. Keep growing, and enjoying your true friends and families. We all get to choose when we reflect on these matters. Think on this, Tony must live with these things on a daily moment by moment basis. He cannot walk away or choose to think on something else because this is the kingdom that he has built on sand for himself and it is crumbling. Keep the faith, keep telling the truth to all who ask and will listen. At the same time as your political convictions do not specifically occupy every moment of your day in contemplation do not allow the pathetic excuse for a leader occupy any of your valuable time and steal any more time than necessary from those you love.

Thank you all for sharing, caring and clarifying so much. Truly ISEENOW!

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: March 31, 2009 08:59PM

Dear Tony Cunningham 03-31-2009

I have given you letters before, regarding your teachings. I have challenged your methodology of leadership using the example of the H.M.S. Bounty and story of Captain Bligh. And I have been slandered by you, for questioning you.

But it is quite clear, you have mastered the craft of the modern day false apostle, mainly the ability to preach one thing on Sunday and practice another in your own home and in your secret meetings with your inter circle. Perhaps you would have some moral authority in the house of God if your actions matched your words.

You came to my house and manipulated an apology saying that you’re sorry for how other people took your teachings and twisted it. Then pretending to be regretful you proceeded to symbolically wash our feet saying that you’re sorry for what other people have done. You did this deliberately to win over the emotions of my wife, as you did not care to discuss the issues of your teachings!

Currently over 600+ people who once made Radiant Life Church there home have renounced there membership and association with you and your false teachings.
The Radiant Life Churches in Katy Texas, Laguna California and West Sacramento have renounced you and your false teachings. One would think, with that many people departing your ways, you would wake up and realize that your going down the wrong path. The path of good intentions.

Tony It's not, that you have not apologized by blaming other people for taking your teachings out of context. Like everyone else, I too have long accepted that you’re pathologically incapable of accepting responsibility for the false teachings you have perpetrated upon the people of Radiant Life Church. It is that you’re carrying on willfully, ignoring the victims you have left behind. You have become a cold hearted, calloused and numb to the spiritual abuses that have come out of your mouth and shrugged it off with your Strategic Advance mind set that “they are necessary casualties” for your agenda!

Tony you continue to practice your abhorrent teaching of Spiritual Parenting which violates the 5th commandment from God that says “Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.” Not only does your teaching of spiritual parenting violate the 5th commandment but it also violates number 9 “Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbor.” And number 10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
I am sure that a former elder’s daughter would qualify as “You shall not covet.“ Yes this includes the Emotional Relationships you are having.

This black cloud that has been following you around will only get bigger.
Tony, the longer you go unrepentant to the falseness of your teachings…
The longer you continue to rule with your authoritarian form of leadership….
The longer you continue to manipulate people and extort from them there hard earned money.
This cloud will continue to increase, and with that will come severe weather and hard winds.

Remove yourself from the pulpit.
Give back the spiritual daughters you have taken and restore your marriage.
Renounce all your false teachings. and Get out of the ministry!!!

Sincerely
Dan Davis

BraveHeart

Date: April 01, 2009 06:20AM

BraveHeart
Radiant Life Church BY-LAWS

Here are the Radiant Life Church BY-LAWS OLD and New.
I set them up so that you all could see them side by side and compare them.

Thank you for doing this Braveheart. It makes things so very clear. After a reviewing this and your responses from COG Indiana it is so clear that Tony is a deceiver. Let's see deceiver and accuser. How much more clear could it be. If he has actually ever done anything remotely resembling the supernatural you can bet his power and empowerment is not from the Holy Spirit.

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: April 01, 2009 01:29PM

Thank you for your input Iseenow. It seems that we’ve all been through quite a lot. There is an issue that has not been discussed much on this forum regarding Tony Cunningham, and that issue is one that I believe has caused much pain and distress over the years. In order for this to affect you, you will have had to have known Tony for some time and been inner circle or part of some ministry. The issue I would like to bring up can aptly be called “THE WRATH OF THE APOSTLE”. This is personally one of the most difficult subjects that I have brought up.

There seems to have been a desire for perfection in others, and when they didn’t measure up, or worse, when Tony was in some “mood” he would verbally attack you. It was often because of some minor failing, or even for not thinking as he did that he began his assault. His fits of rage were never kind and left his victims feeling subhuman. Is that the way of Christ? Of Jesus it was written that a bruised reed he would not crush.

For me personally, Tony’s rage was in response to my asking an innocent question about a passage of scripture. On another occasion, he let fly for 30 minutes while my thinking was “I’ll take it because he’s a man of God, and maybe I need the correction”. Tony, of course, felt free to tell me what a complete failure I was and how God had passed me up. He said things to me that I would never say to my worst enemy. Nice. That was my senior pastor. Things like this happened so randomly that I elected for a long time to just stay out of his orbit. The effect on me was devastating, and left me feeling very unsafe around him. Why? Because one doesn’t have to look hard to find my faults. My affliction is that I am human.

I know that I am not alone in this and would welcome others’ input into this experience.
Some on the outside might look in and see those close to Tony and think that he must really be something because he acts like it, and those around him view him with such awe. The problem is that while some of it may have been awe, most of it I believe was FEAR. FEAR became such that no one would question him any longer, and the prevailing thought became that to hear from Tony was the same as hearing from God. One by one, we all lost the courage to stand up to him because the potential for him to go off on you was just too high a risk to take.

FEAR, false teachings, extreme discipleship, a code of silence, cutting off of family relationships, the cessation of friendships with ex RLC-ers, sure makes RLC look pretty cult-like. The main contributor by far was Tony. Most of us just wanted a place to love God, and grow close to our brethren. To find a place to serve. And we were used to serve someone who was not God, but who wanted god-like honor; someone who gave full vent to his anger whenever he felt like it or had had a bad day. I really pity those that remain. Some might say that I am bitter and hence am unable to comment on such things because I am in sin. I disagree. I am not bitter, but I do distrust Tony. He has earned that distrust, and I sincerely hope that he realizes the enormity of his errors and repents and leaves the ministry.

Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: April 01, 2009 01:59PM

Wantingtruth
You are not alone, others have shared the same story of being acosted verbally and belittled, some publically. Not the conduct of a Pastor. I have seen some serious problems for some time. Very unusual behavior from those in leadership. I have never feared Tony or anyone in RLC, they are only men. I tried to look at the good that was coming from RLC. It came to a point where there was more rotten fruit on the ground than good fruit connected to the tree. Definitely time to get out and get my family away from them!

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: April 01, 2009 11:42PM

Its been a while but I thought I would post this encouraging word for those who, like me, question what God is doing and where he is in all of this pain.

Ezekiel 34:16

"I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment."

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: April 02, 2009 05:45AM

I would like to inform all of you that after much prayer and consideration I have found error in my way. This post is a formal apology and repentance to Mr. Cunningham, he is not a cult leader, he is not crazy or clinical, and I have decided to stop my networking in an effort to help restore his name.

Oh yeah and by the way…. APRIL FOOLS…

Mr. Cunningham you’re still crazy…

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: April 03, 2009 01:31AM

Ok ok…

I know many of you enjoyed my April Fools joke… However, I do realize that on that one I sat in the seat of mockers!!!

Traditionally it’s not the best place to be sitting. Yet sometimes I can’t fight the smile…

In reflecting on my own post I became starkly aware of how many times I engaged in the mocking ceremony with Mr. Cunningham at his dinning room table or over coffee… while my April Fools joke can be interpreted as distasteful I cannot help remembering how I am guilty of sitting and listening to Mr. Cunningham speak negatively about the Huth’s while I lived with them… Kelli as overbearing and Greg as a “little man”… even to the point of encouraging my move to the Skinners… where again Mr. Cunningham had quite a bit to say about Cathy’s inability and Greg’s lacking as an elder… its no wonder to me why Mr. Cunningham would tell me that Cathy was paranoid, he treated her like garbage… yet again I sat and listened to the “Man of G-d” discredit and malign people who wanted nothing more than to sit at his feet… as if he had something that they needed!!!

I heard quit a bit about quit a bit of people… pastors, elders, leadership… hell even my own friends… I guess the Huths and the Skinners come to mind because they remain at RLC… and remain in ministry as elders and pastors/staff…

I can say that I never heard a negative word out of Mr. Cunningham about Roland Pang or Dan Florey… maybe they found favor with the “Apostle”?

All and all what I am trying to communicate is that I know when I am mocking and when I am acting justly within my own conviction… and I have some experience sitting at a table with a mocker… so admittedly I mocked… if you found it distasteful, well so did I but some times I just cant fight the smile…

** It is seemingly very ironic that while I am guilty of listening to Mr. Cunningham make others (Huths & Skinners) the butt of his jokes, he ended up the butt of my joke… well that just shows me that I still have a little bit of his “DNA” to work out of myself…

Then again I am a realist and very aware that I have been and remain to be a topic of conversation for Mr. Cunningham around his dinning room table or out to coffee… the world just goes round and round…

Date: April 03, 2009 03:52AM

I just heard that two more ,of what I believe everyone has refered to as Tony's validators, have left. YAY! Eyes are continueing to be opened. The Bambaos, whom I adore and am glad have also seen the light have left. Also another couple who I have not actually heard any confirmation on so I will not put their name on here yet. I can't wait to talk with Janet and welcome her into the light. I am so excited!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.