Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: March 24, 2009 04:23AM

I find it ironic that RLC and its leadership decide NOT to thank and honor pastors as they resign and move on after many faithful years of service…

Yet I am not surprised that yesterday, on the last day a pastor is in attendance at RLC, no admiration or thanks was given to that pastor but instead the leadership called for an offering for Mr. Cunningham…. And why? BECAUSE MR. CUNNINGHAM IS SAD!!!

A sad offering of sorts…

Do I get a sad offering for the sadness caused to my family by Mr. Cunningham? Or how about the sadness that pastor and his family might have felt when not even acknowledged for his years of service… do they get an offering?

The irony that the leadership, in their desperate attempt to pep up Mr. Cunningham, would turn to money to do so…. Hmmm… again Clinical…

Nice one guys… your actions towards people serve to continually prove the point… CULT!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: March 24, 2009 12:52PM

In Tony's words "there are necessary causalities in building your army"
Looking at the big picture, Timothy did served a purpose, to benefit the people at RLc...

We should keep him in our prayers....

just maybe someday he could share his testimony.

time will tell.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: March 24, 2009 01:09PM

Next question - who is this Jeremy Stewart?

Supposedly he had resigned and was leaving the month, yet he preached last Sunday morning. Why is that? Why did he not mention Timothy Stewart's last day? Is he a wolf in sheep's clothing or is he a double agent? Should you trust someone who doesn't clearly denounce the false teacher and his false teachings?

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: March 24, 2009 01:35PM

JustAsIAm
Tom, I’ve always known you to be a really nice guy but to say that the idea of someone starting a church sickens you seems a little harsh. I understand your position and in many ways I agree with you. Christ did not come to establish a building but a body of believers. However, Christ also uses many things to reach the people he loves – including having someone start a church to give people a place to gather. Neither you nor I are privy to conversations between Christ and Timothy Stewart regarding this church so there should not be any judgments made. If God can use a donkey to get His point across, then I am sure a building where His word can be taught can be just as useful. After all, “church” is our heart motive and should be practiced wherever we are, in whatever we are doing.

The recent events at Radiant Life are resulting in more people having their eyes opened to the fact that there is something wrong. Take yesterday for example. Timothy Stewart’s last day at, and as a part of RLC was yesterday – AND NOTHING WAS DONE, NOTHING WAS SAID – even though this man has sacrificed his finances and almost lost his family to remain a part of it. None of us have the right to question his heart motive in staying - he was following Christ’s leading and not his own feelings. He has been shunned and rejected by those in leadership at RLC ever since he took a quiet stand during the 2nd business meeting against the wrong information being spouted. You could see in his face that it wasn’t easy for him to be the only staff member standing against the lies and misinformation that was being poured on the congregation.

Rather than saying anything about Timothy’s service over the years, those in leadership took a special offering – for Tony – who is currently on an extended vacation with his family. They reminded the congregation that Tony is experiencing a difficult time and that he needs to be honored. If you were someone in leadership, and those under you needed to be reminded to ‘honor’ you, would it really mean anything? Earned honor is much better than demanded honor.

I used to respect some of the people that remain at RLC and considered them smart. But to have all this happen before your eyes and still be in denial just makes them stupid. At this point, they deserve the consequences of their choices even though it saddens me to think of what those might be.

As I said I know that most of you do not agree with what I believe regarding institutional church and all that goes with it. I have no desire to be harsh or to offend anyone nevertheless I simply do not see Father, Son, or Holy Spirit asking people to pay for a building, sound systems... The list goes on. When I say it sickens me what I mean is when I see another institutional church being started in breaks my heart that is what I mean by sickens me when I consider all the money, blood, sweat, and tears that has to be spent on an organizational machine that is not even biblical.

It is an organizational machine that has existed since about 500 A.D. and that machine has not done half as much in approximately 1500 years as the Church/ecclesia did in the first 500 of its existence matter of fact not even half as much as in the first 100 A.D. So yes it makes my heart grieve that is what I meant when I said it sickens me that is not a judgment any more than when someone I become grief stricken when someone I love makes a huge life altering bad decision that they may reap consequences for the rest of their lives. I don't know if that explains what I am saying any better then my first response.

Posted by: Paul74 ()
Date: March 25, 2009 12:01PM

Ladies and gentlemen I cannot understand how anyone would have a desire to take a special offering for Tony. Certainly the man is not hurting for money; he really does not do a lot to earn his $110,000 annual salary for which he can immediately deduct $40,000 from his taxable income due to his housing expenses; he should have money left over from $3,600 yearly tuition per student he charged the 20+ students in SOMA AD (which he never bothered to finish by the way); and only the Lord knows how much he has taken in the form of tax free special tithes and "love" offerings which some people give to him. So why was a special offering taken for Tony. Some would say because he and his family are going through alot right now. Hurting, I think not. The sheep are hurting not the so called shepherd. I doubt that you are hurting since no one has cut your salary Tony; no one has forced you to sell the 3 cars and the motorcycle that you did not even purchase for yourself (special offerings to the so called apostle); no one has forced you to downsize your house; and no one has even forced you to spend 8-12 hours a day in the office like the rest of us (instead outside office time is spent trying to run or start outside businesses for his benefit - not visit the sick or tend to the sheep). Where is the sacrifice?

If you really are hurting, then perhaps you should take a lesson from the Word of God. I believe the good book speaks that we will reap what we have sown; and you have sown nothing short of a deliberate campaign to edify the name of Tony Cunningham rather than the name of Jesus Christ. You often have spoken that you are really not a pastor and I believe you. You are not a pastor, but rather the hired hand. May the Lord indeed let you reap what you have sown.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: March 25, 2009 12:55PM

Excellent points Paul74. I would actually venture to guess that Tony avoids paying any taxes. Hmmm maybe an IRS audit is in his future. If you all remember it was tax evasion and tax fraud that finally brought down Jim Baker. It took those in true authority of this great nation to humble Jim Baker. Only after being convicted and serving time in prison did Jim Baker repent. I would imagine that it will take this kind of true authority to humble the mighty apostle Tony (not).

Posted by: HMajewski ()
Date: March 26, 2009 02:36AM

Paul74 you nailed it! Tony spends all of his time promoting himself, he has even been the one assigning himself titles. Apostle, and Leader. Thank god he admitted he is not a Pastor, that was the understatement of the century? A title means nothing unless someone with authority has given it to you. You cannot give titles to yourself. Is'nt that what we were told by Tony? What a joke!! Tony is sad!! Oh poor, poor Tony!! Seriously, what in the world does he have to be sad about?! Are things not going the way you planned Tony? Are you loosing all your friends? Check yourself!! Oh and by the way you used to preach to us to simply not be discouraged! Because thats what the bible says, remember? Oh I forgot you don't practice what you preach, because you talk out your ass!! How much money are you guys going to let him extort from you?!! Hello!! He is simply reaping what he's sown. Good for him, I'm glad he's sad, he should be. Why don't you take it a step further and humble yourself you Dumb*@%.

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: March 26, 2009 05:36AM

Paul74 I agree with what you posted, and HHajewski YOU NAILED IT
For a pastor of a medium sized local church to be paid a decent salary is not the issue, as long as the salary reflects parity with other pastors salary of equal size congregations. For Tony to make $110,000.00 per year seems a little high for the size of church that RLC was, and is definately high for the size that it is now and will likely decline to. If Tony quit and RLC went to look for other candidates in a typical fashion, then they probably could easily find a pastor willing to take the position for 80k or so, provided the church was healthy and not a cult.
The real problem is not the salary, it's Tony's desire to acquire new funding (personal of course) at the expense of the congregation, and the ministry. He is getting paid an ample amount to be their pastor. So why charge members of RLC who go to SOMA when he is already paid to be their pastor? Why charge for SOMA AD when you are already getting paid to be their pastor? Both of those look like double dipping from members of RLC who are barely making it. Why accept extra gifts such as expensive cars and such when it raises eyebrows? Does it make one feel superior to drive those cars? Why encourage people to "double honor" you, and accept gifts of cash and an extra 1/2 tithe paid directly to you? I have heard from people who did this that they got more attention when they gave cash gifts. Pay to play?
On top of all of this while being paid very well, car allowance, Rose gets a salary as well for ?, you do not serve the body diligently but instead use much of the time that you are paid hansomely for to chase rainbows instead? And then you get SOMA students to hock your book and sell primarily to the congregation that you are to serve?

Tony, you taught that to waste time at work or to use it for you own benefit when you were being paid by your employer was the same as stealing. You are condemned by your own teachings. My company would fire me if I used company resources to launch my own business or to watch youtube and waste time.
It all adds up to corruption. Plain and simple. Tony has been out of control for years now, launching his name, his empire, his theology, and now it's all crumbling. Why? the house was built on sand. I would be sad too if my hope was built on the sand.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: March 26, 2009 12:45PM

When are the people going to recognize the visions that Tony said were “from God” are, not happening.

When will people open there eyes and see that Tony’s prophesies he said were “from God” have not come to pass. In other words people, they’re not a happening!

When are people going to stop and look around and wonder what happened to the relationships that RLC once had in the community….they’re are not Happening!

When are people going to recognize that Tony’s supposed miracles have simply been a hoax.

Oh and what ever happened to the vision of Tony planting 10 churches every year?
That SOMA students were going to go out and run these churches.

Then there is the topic of Tony's toxic books.
When will people realize that Tony promotes his false teachings in his books, (something he would scoff at other people publishing books)
In Tony's books his teachings include manipulation of scripture & people, Plus Tony's views that salvation is earned by your works and your daily sacrifice.

Tony, get out of the pulpit!

Step down from your pseudo-ministry!

You have made a BIG enough miss with your yammering on about your authority and your spiritual parenting and .

Tony you know your teachings like Spiritual Parenting are a lie, but your pride and arrogance of having a beautiful lady around you, it only feeds your ego.

Tony your teachings have hurt many people in the church.

The false apostle is all that, FALSE!

Tony, go get a job in the real world. And stay out of politics the Democrats don’t need any more help at being Liberal Deceitful or Manipulative.

This is a story that happened to a false prophet

The False Prophet Hananiah
Jeremiah 28
1 In the fifth month of that same year, the fourth year, early in the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, the prophet Hananiah son of Azzur, who was from Gibeon, said to me in the house of the LORD in the presence of the priests and all the people: 2 "This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: 'I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon. 3 Within two years I will bring back to this place all the articles of the LORD's house that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon removed from here and took to Babylon. 4 I will also bring back to this place Jehoiachin [a] son of Jehoiakim king of Judah and all the other exiles from Judah who went to Babylon,' declares the LORD, 'for I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon.' "

5 Then the prophet Jeremiah replied to the prophet Hananiah before the priests and all the people who were standing in the house of the LORD. 6 He said, "Amen! May the LORD do so! May the LORD fulfill the words you have prophesied by bringing the articles of the LORD's house and all the exiles back to this place from Babylon. 7 Nevertheless, listen to what I have to say in your hearing and in the hearing of all the people: 8 From early times the prophets who preceded you and me have prophesied war, disaster and plague against many countries and great kingdoms. 9 But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the LORD only if his prediction comes true."

10 Then the prophet Hananiah took the yoke off the neck of the prophet Jeremiah and broke it, 11 and he said before all the people, "This is what the LORD says: 'In the same way will I break the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon off the neck of all the nations within two years.' " At this, the prophet Jeremiah went on his way.

12 Shortly after the prophet Hananiah had broken the yoke off the neck of the prophet Jeremiah, the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: 13 "Go and tell Hananiah, 'This is what the LORD says: You have broken a wooden yoke, but in its place you will get a yoke of iron. 14 This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I will put an iron yoke on the necks of all these nations to make them serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and they will serve him. I will even give him control over the wild animals.' "

15 Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, "Listen, Hananiah! The LORD has not sent you, yet you have persuaded this nation to trust in lies. 16 Therefore, this is what the LORD says: 'I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This very year you are going to die, because you have preached rebellion against the LORD.' "

17 In the seventh month of that same year, Hananiah the prophet died.

Here is some additional videos that you might find interesting especially those of you who have attended Tony's SOMA watch these...do you see the similarities?

News Interviews Joel Osteen False Gospel

Friel Holds Joel Osteen to the Bible Part1

Friel Holds Joel Osteen to the Bible Part 2

Posted by: Paul74 ()
Date: March 26, 2009 03:26PM

In my previous post I neglected to add a few items to Tony's asset allocation. Under automobiles: 1 - Cobra Kit Car valued at over $45,000 (not sure if he reported this gift to the IRS - this was a gift from the elders of the church) ; under previous Teaching Income: SOMA salary (remember those other 20+ students paying $3000 per year); and finally under real estate investments: the many houses Tony invested in with at least 5 young families from the church (seems Tony made all the money and the families were forced to vacate the homes and actually paid Tony off in most cases). Also as a point of pure speculation, what happened to all the monies that Tony took to India, Africa, and the Philippines. Was there ever any accountability regarding these funds?

Wouldn't it be nice to see both Tony Cunningham and RLC audited by the IRS.

Lastly, has anyone any information regarding the court case filed in Sacto Superior Court by Daniel Plant against Tony? Is there a date yet? I want to make sure I get a front row seat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.