Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: April 08, 2009 08:44AM

Oh forgot....................formerly known as PCare. I guess there is and has never been a whole lot of PCare going around.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JustAsIAm ()
Date: April 08, 2009 03:08PM

whatajoke:

"I hope your tithes at RLC are not paying for his leisure and mental health time. If so you guys are seriously getting ripped off. You might as well burn your money."

Well, unfortunately they are - paying for his leisure time and getting ripped off. Remember the 'special tithe' collected for Tony because he was 'sad'? How many pastors do any of you know who require time away at the Ritz-Carleton to feel better? According to Joel C., their family had a blast in New York while staying at the Ritz so they are probably familiar with the one outside of San Francisco. Meanwhile, the sheep he was given charge over go without in order to 'honor' (support) this supposed man of God. Oh yeah - according to Tony, the poor will always be around so there is no point in doing anything for them.

Date: April 08, 2009 11:02PM

Good Morning,

A few years ago, Pastor Tony hired a consultant to work with RLC. I think it was for PR issues. Does anyone remember the name of the consultant or the consulting firm? I am a former member of Turning Point Church and World Outreach Center and they have hired a consultant. Given Pastor Mike Villamor's ties to Tony Cunningham, some of us would like to know if this is the same consultant and what are the thoughts on the work the consultant did.

Any information that you can provide will be appreciated. Since technically this not part of this thread, please send me a private message. Thank you.

Daughter of Dorcas

Posted by: filledwithhope ()
Date: April 09, 2009 12:33AM

Daughter of Dorcas

A few years ago, Pastor Tony hired a consultant to work with RLC. I think it was for PR issues. Does anyone remember the name of the consultant or the consulting firm? I am a former member of Turning Point Church and World Outreach Center and they have hired a consultant. Given Pastor Mike Villamor's ties to Tony Cunningham, some of us would like to know if this is the same consultant and what are the thoughts on the work the consultant did.

Any information that you can provide will be appreciated. Since technically this not part of this thread, please send me a private message. Thank you.

----------------------------

The consultant was hired for the purpose of marketing. Brand marketing. Making sure everything from the look of the foyer, to the bulletin, and web site all had a consistent theme and look. They helped to consolidate the message to focus on the mission, vision and values of RLC. It my understanding, that tho Tony signed off on it, Pastor Brandon Miller was "driving" that project.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 09, 2009 01:53AM

Yeah I also remember Tony denouncing there recomendations one Friday night and had the dancers come back up durring the worship time, secretly knowing that would be the last time ever they would dance.
Tony the two-faced, simply used people for their service, money and emotions (spirital abuse).
I will put a call out to the ex-elders and ex-pastors that would remember who the consultants were.

Posted by: Iseenow ()
Date: April 09, 2009 06:26AM

The consultants were hired. Once they came back with their recommendations and a bid for implementation they were "let go". Then Tony ran with it on his own. Of course he is so knowledgable that he didn't need professionals to help him. He gathered a group of church members who proceeded to seek out logo designs. I have heard that in the end Tony went to the meeting were he moved logos around and had those involved choose what they thought was best. Of course he manipulated the logo examples to his desired end result. I had also heard from an ex elder that Brandon took the blame for spending the 14 or $15,000 that was spent with the consulting firm without approval from the board of elders. What is interesting about that is the deacons, elders wives and Tony himself were involved. How does this translate to being everyone else's fault but Tony's. Again more proof that he uses and then discards people at his whim. What about elders like Greg Huth. He knew what was going on. His wife Kelli used to order lunches from Panera bread for when the group met. Yet, Greg Huth kept quiet and let Brandon take the blame. One more example of a "man of God" not knowing what it is to stand up for truth. Seems like all these men are scared of the truth.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: April 09, 2009 07:15AM

Thank you Iseenow. To quote a famous movie line Tony and current elders of RLC "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" . What truth? Any and all truth. You are living a lie in every area of your life. There is no reason for anyone to even need to bother discerning when you are telling a lie or not. Based on history we can all just assume that every time you open your mouth you are lieing. Why is that? Simple, when you speak any thing that might be the truth it is still tainted by your motivation to angle for something that fulfills your own needs and desires. That makes all that Tony and his sycophant elder board speaks, simply lies.

Opression, lies, manipulation, accusation = Satan. "Praying" against another child of God = cursing and witchcraft. These are just a few a the real truths. So many more truths have been shared on this blog.

Open your eyes, repent and yes you to can be saved and freed from your own chains of bondage and self deceit.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: April 09, 2009 02:50PM

Seems like church these days is all about marketing and how they are going to show themselves, what they are going to represent. Lets come up with a catchy name and decide what our church is. It's about establishing core teams to decide what we are..........church duh..........and why we exist.........to worship god duh. We come up with our own definitions and laws that guide our purpose and we call it church. Churches spend alot of useless time trying to define themselves but never really offer any substance. It is just puff pastry. Consultants hired by RLC? I got fricking ripped off. I want all my tithes back plus all my special offerings to the Cult Leader. I never got a thank you note you know....LOL. Anyway, I have just been surfing the web and looking at churches, some of them just starting up, and some just starting up with ex RLCers. It amazes me how many of these go the route like they are starting a business with the marketing and logos and core teams and definitions and lessons that parallel sitting in a Strategic Advance class taught by Tony. Has it really gotten that bad? Are we in the end times? Yikes! When is the church just going to call itself HOME? When is the church just going to call itself FAMILY? When is the church just going to call itself WORK? When is the church just going to call itself LIFE? When is the church just going to call itself Bel Air or Safeway? When is the church just going to call itself Stockton Boulevard? When is the church just going to call itself Today? When are we going to stop worrying about where the church is going and start worrying about where the world is going? Where the bum down the street is going? Where the people living in the foreclosed house next door are going? Where the person just laid off from the car dealership is going? Where the mom and dad that just lost their daughter are going? Times wasting on wondering where the church is going. We think the church is moving and is supposed to but it is best if it is stable. A church does not have to worry about things like momentum, where are we moving, whats our mission, if they are following the word of god. It is not that difficult but rather simple. Love God, Worship God, Feed the poor, oppressed, take care of widows and orphans. Share the good news. Help people!!!!!!! Stay true to the word of God. Show grace and mercy and love. Correct and Rebuke false teachings. On and on. A matter of fact if a church is constantly moving say in the way RLC was at one time. You know........At one time there was so much going on and so much momentum about doing things. The church and the church members were busy all the time. Think about it. If you have that then how can someone who truly wants to catch the church actually catch them. They cant because the church is constantly moving.......momentum. People are too busy to stop and do the real work they are called to do. I know I experienced it myself. Got blown off plenty of times by people who were too busy. Witnessed several times the very poor treatment of newcomers. Witnessed many times the very poor treatment of someone who might be classified as a street person.... a bum.....a streetwalker.......or just a poor person. I helped one of these people who complained to me about the church. Not that they werent getting enough but that they werent very nice or compassionate. That they treated them like a poor person. is that really what jesus wanted. When I heard that i literally took them on a shopping spree and they were so grateful.

We have too many churches trying to define themselves with where are we going. What will be our cause? One starts then another and soon you have thousands of churches with different views of themselves and different purposes and you have the big christian mess of hundreds of denominations like there are today.

Something in the discussions above about consultants and marketing struck a thought wave in me. I am not sure yet what the conclusion to what I have writtem above is except to just say that the way we plan and do church nowadays is blasphemous to the holy spirit. Hearing about the consultants being hired at RLC and knowing that I contributed money to the church really repulses me. I want a refund. LOL. I really thought I was giving my money to God but it was not. My only consolation is that God knew I gave it to him. i certainly can not believe he said go out and hire a consultant so that all the little squiggly lines through out the church and on the website match and look good. You know the ying and yang lines Braveheart refers to. Is God saying if you do that they will certainly know that I am somewhere in the squiggly lines or in the artwork in the foyer.

Anyway...... this is unedited and somewhat random but needed to let it go. I think it is the prevalance of the things I have mentioned above along with alot of bad teaching that has kept me from CHURCH in the new age marketing sense that our society has developed in these days. God help all of us.

If I didnt make sense just write me off as a crack pot. I am probably not even on topic but this forum has been so great to share stories and testimonies and just heal and begin to grow in a new walk with a real God that cares and is full of truth.

Posted by: HMajewski ()
Date: April 09, 2009 11:45PM

Whatajoke, you are right on when you say that churches are concerned about marketing themselves, it has become a business. Pastors get rich off the people of god and lead them on by making false promises of hope. Tony is the worst kind because of his manipulative and sick behavior. This to me is terrible abuse! I appreciate your insight and opinions, and I wanted to tell you that it's healthy for you to express yourself. I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you for speaking from your heart and sharing truth.

Posted by: Paul74 ()
Date: April 11, 2009 08:32AM

JustAsIAm
whatajoke:

"I hope your tithes at RLC are not paying for his leisure and mental health time. If so you guys are seriously getting ripped off. You might as well burn your money."

Well, unfortunately they are - paying for his leisure time and getting ripped off. Remember the 'special tithe' collected for Tony because he was 'sad'? How many pastors do any of you know who require time away at the Ritz-Carleton to feel better? According to Joel C., their family had a blast in New York while staying at the Ritz so they are probably familiar with the one outside of San Francisco. Meanwhile, the sheep he was given charge over go without in order to 'honor' (support) this supposed man of God. Oh yeah - according to Tony, the poor will always be around so there is no point in doing anything for them.

I am truly sickened by the excess which is lavished over Tony by the leadership of the church, as the representatives of the church. If Steve and Loretta Sellars wish to send Tony, Rose and family off on a vacation that's fine by me. Steve has an ample income and can do with his funds as he chooses. But when the leadership guilts the body into giving a special offering for the pathetically sad senior pastor, then the line must be drawn.

What about the poor in the body at RLC? Has anyone taken a special offering for them? The answer is: No they have not! How can this be? Where is the love of Christ which should be demonstrated by the leadership as an example to the body? The answer is: It doesn't exist! The leadership worships the senior pastor and God. If they worshiped God then they would act as the Lord acted, and walk their lives and the holy scripture outines. Instead it becomes about kissing the so called apostles rear!

Why would you try to impress such a little man as Tony Cunningham? Why Greg Huth as his true regard for you and your wife is surely know to you. Why Dan Flory, as this man would sooner through you under the bus as he has to so many others (as you know so well). Why Greg Skinner, after the abuse he has shown your wife, and the strife he has caused in your family. Why Roland Pang, don't you realize the you and your wife will be next? You will. Perhaps it's just that if you admitt to being duped, then you will feel foolish - used - or stupid. Is this what keeps people in abusive relationships; this inability to accept reality - because they (you) will feel shame? I wish I knew.

Well I suppose I feel most for Tony's own family. Rose who must wrestle with the fact that she really is not the exquisite gift her husband always spoke of at the "three Strands" marriage retreats. That she must take the back seat to the emotional relationships her husband has with his spiritual daughters. For the Cunningham children, whos father teaches them to be self seeking, proud, and arrogant. Wow, what a mess.

Having a blast at the Ritz is OK so long as it's being paid for by the fruits of your own labor or a generous benefactor. But if it is done on the backs of the poor widow who gives at the expense of her next meal; the poor sap who believes that by giving he is really honoring God; or the ignorate leader who is pitted against (in competition with) his brother for Tony's blessing - then it is just wrong. When will you people WAKE UP.

Look with your eyes attendees of RLC. Search with your hearts for the truth - it's right in front of you. God will reveal everything to those who earnestly seek the truth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.