Current Page: 32 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 18, 2008 11:11PM

whatajoke:

You bring up a valid point about someone needing to "deprogram some day."

Many people that walk away from destructive groups never have really fully sorted out their experience.

That is, there is still some programming left intact instilled by the group that impairs their thinking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 18, 2008 11:25PM

I can agree with this, here's an example:

After being taught the Word in so many lessons over the years, I now struggle with trying to "relearn" everything again. In other words, trying to understand the Word of God for what it is, not what it is manipulated to be. The problem is that there were alot of teachings that were actually solid and good (think most sunday mornings). But then the stuff from SOMA I seem to have to redigest over and over again to get a fresh picture. I know that If I say its all bad, then I will miss alot of what I have already learned that is good. Using some of your examples that the church is a cult, consider this: even cults have to appeal to people to get them in. They need to at least seem innocent from the outside, right? Thats why Sunday morning services dont really let you in on whats going on behind the scenes. Transparent: are you deprogrammed yet?

Date: June 18, 2008 11:46PM

SpeakTruth:

Perhaps you need to attend a mainstream evangelical church bible study?

You might try a mainstream denominational church such as the Evangelical Free Church, Church of the Nazarene, Southern Baptist Convention, or Assemblies of God.

A qualified instructor or pastor there can help you to better understand scripture and set things straight from an evangelical biblical perspective.

You might also read a book titled "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse," which is written from an evangelical perspective.

See [www.amazon.com]

Previously there were links on this thread to book chapters about Discipleship.

The entire book is titled "The Discipling Dilemma."

See [www.somis.org]

Posted by: Asian Guy ()
Date: June 19, 2008 04:53AM

RLC is a Cult, what is rong with you people and your stupid ring's is it ok if i button my sleaves or what the crap!!! SOMA really stands for:

Stupid
Obvious
Mini
#@$%le's

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 19, 2008 05:18AM

Asian Guy.... You said it right!

Date: June 19, 2008 05:18AM

Asian Guy:

Please stop flaming. This is against the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Try a dialog not name calling.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 19, 2008 05:54AM

very true moderator.... i know ppl that have their issues against radiant life could keep it normal and not the that craziness.... nothing against you asian guy. so let me ask you asian guy.... what did you find whacked about the church... ??? did you attend that SOMA? It is very whacky there i know personally

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 19, 2008 06:00AM

LOL.

Date: June 19, 2008 06:25AM

Hey whatajoke,

I would never give my child away thats just crazy talk, but if and i mean "IF" i thought God told me to do such an act i still wouldn't do it.
Maybe he's just a fanatic or somthing, i can't see someone from that church to love God enough to do something of that magnitude???

and also do you have any scripture refrences that would show Speaktruth that this is unbiblical? It would most likely help him understand. also for Dr. Luv who is most likely still reading this.

~AG~

Date: June 20, 2008 11:19PM

RLC needs to know that they can't brainwash people, and I know the best way is using God's word since thats what they claim to live by.

In all of my asian life I have never seen people constantly beat around the bush and not be upfront. I'll asume that you have no scripture refrence. I am disapointed in how you can belive in something and push it so much but can't back it...oh well. Maybe some one out their can provide something to support this from God's word? anyone?

Current Page: 32 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.