Current Page: 91 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 27, 2009 03:19AM

tpcwocattender
I am concerned and working through issues at tpc.

Please articulate for us what precisely you are concerned about and "working through" at TPC?

Perhaps the things you are concerned about and working through have nothing to do with the concerns we have here on this thread. Perhaps your intentions are to try to dissuade us from our perspectives, which is what it seems like at this point. From what I have read of your posts, there has been a good deal of defending Mike and Turning Point and no real expressions of your issues of concern.

Can you please tell us what your concerns are? Then we can see if our concerns are all on "the same page." Perhaps we need to start another thread for concerns not related to the abuse, false teaching, and dangerous practices we're concerned about here. I don't know. It's just an idea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 27, 2009 05:13AM

I thought God spoke to cyndi many times, my problem wasnt If it was God speaking to her but why and who for, was He speaking these things She would say to the church God spoke to me and He said You need to do this or that but I blieved He was speaking to her to do this or that. God said return to your first love, she tells the church that while pursueing another business, and trying to be like hillsong with the worship team and putting out a cd and being a star on stage. She tells skaggit God said not to lift up the name of turningpoint, When It is her that does most for the lifting up of turningpoint. I think God is trying to tell cyndi something but she thinks its for us.

Posted by: Painfuljourney ()
Date: April 27, 2009 09:00AM

Braveheart,

Justin Peters is right on!! Everyone PLEASE take 3 minutes and watch this video. It will make a lot of things clearer.

tpcwocattender,

This video will give you the answers to one of your questions. Charismatic, Spirit filled believers are not all Word of Faith preachers. The doctrine is different, the root is different, and the fruit is MUCH different. Please do not clump the two together. It is not just conservatives that condemn the Word of Faith. Pentecostals are speaking out about this false doctrine also. A clear distinction is becoming more and more evident as the fruit from this teaching is being exposed.

BraveHeart
BraveHeart
Regarding all the prosperity teaching......I would like to share a prospective that has not been addressed and trust me I don't have the life experiences that would come close to what this man has. His name is Justin Peters www.justinpeters.org/ please watch the demo video. I look forward to hearing your comments.

sorry the link did not link up from my cell phone

Justin Peters

[www.justinpeters.org]

please watch the demo video. I look forward to hearing your comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 09:04AM by Painfuljourney.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 27, 2009 09:30AM

Yes, Painfuljourney! AMEN!

What an excellent video! It precisely and concisely outlines the false doctrines of the Word-Faith teachers and lets those false teachers speak for themselves via video clips of them articulating their doctrines.

If you want to KNOW WHY WORD-FAITH DOCTRINE IS HERESY, do yourself a big favor and listen to this true teacher. You can tell he loves the church and sees this false teaching as an infection coming in to deceive the people of God. Because it (word-faith heresy) is promoted so much on the airwaves, it has had much exposure and impact on people's thinking--without being tested or weighed against God's Word. Praise God for Justin Peters and others like him who are warning us. I'm going to watch this again and take notes. I want to be able to articulate all of the points he outlined. Let's be ready to give an answer for our faith, my fellow forum writers!! Let's be able to distinguish truth from lies. Our enemy is subtle, but the Word of God cuts through and exposes each lie. Thank God for His Word!!

Thank you for sharing this with us, Braveheart!

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: April 27, 2009 11:14AM

tpcwocattender
tell the truth
There have been moments when I have heard his whisper, but these have been great moments in my life. Mostly, God speaks to me through what happens in my life i.e. loved one's being saved, and other tangible experiences.

This is going to sound harsh but I won't just sit back and let someone make a statement about me without a word said in response. TTT.- I commented on the statement you made based on what I thought you were implying about how God speaks. It is clear I am not the only one who got the impression I did. So, why make a statement that I only comment and attack on the popular posts? That seems a little unfair. I just started posting so it seams logical that I would comment on current posts not older ones.

I would ask that you reconsider your view on those that come forward during worship. I know several who come forward each week and it has nothing to do with who sees them. It has everything to do with them using that simple act to show God they want to draw near. I have witnessed God move mightily in people who come forward. It can be a powerful thing. It also needs to be stated that when Mike and Cyndi were gone last year and even when they are out of town for a service the people still come forward.

Also, the lady on the video comment is a little out of place. I wasn't there and either were you. I know this. The glory for that feeling was directed straight to God not tpc. I thought it was great! If someone is healed by God and the praise goes to God there is nowhere for Satan to hide in that. He would not orchestrate that event for the simple reason is that God and His power are made known.

I made a post a day ago that has not made it. I would like to state that my presence here has no hidden agenda. I am concerned and working through issues at tpc. I don't know where God will take me or if He will use me at tpc. I have no ill conceived plans to redeem tpc here either. I attend there still and until stated otherwise will do what I feel God has gifted me to do at tpc.[/quote

TPCWOCattender, I wonder if you are one who goes forward weekly. I did not mean to hit a nerve and wasn't trying to be insulting. I cannot help what my experience was at TPC. Every week, and your are right, whether or not Cyndi and Mike were there, the same people went forward. But I would encourage you to reconsider that Mike and Cyndi's minions were like spies every week reporting back to the King and Queen of TPC what everyone was doing when they were away. I have to tell you that I believe Learning Point's post hits the target. So many people are judged to not be worshippers in the true sense because they do not jump around etc. It is also true that those who are demonstrative during worship (that the eye can see) are also judged to be "over the top". The point of my post was that (one of the points) people at TPC are judged as not true worshippers because they don't come up front. They are seen as less than and full of pride. My sense is that it is the people who go up front week after week who are possibly more full of pride.

TPCWOCattender, I also wonder what your motives are in this thread. I do hope it is so you can work things out re: TPC. If it is, change will be evident in your posts. I did not feel that you attacked me, rather, that you talked down to me. I am 50 something years old and have been around the block a time or two. Life has a way of opening your eyes and your mind to insincerity, and TPC was full of it, but it was dressed up nicely. I think TPC used to be a wonderful place to find God and grow. That is the sadness that this forum is formed from. It was birthed because people who used to go there feel passionately about what has been lost, or actually, stolen because of self-serving selfishness.

In church today, the message was about God. The message is God is love. You can follow all the laws imposed by man and imposed by God, but if you do not have love, it is not of or from God. TPC has lost the love that must flow freely to and from the member of the church. Why? Because this is from God and tells you that God is in control. We do not love from ourselves, but because God loved us. Apart from God, we are incapable of real love. God is love. It was a powerful, yet simple message. noneoneofanyimortance said it well. Sometimes, people who are wierd or different, or hard to love, help to see if we really have God in our lives. People who are hard to love show Gods work in us. TPC membership isn't there to love, it is there to judge. The disciples who "help" people there are judges and jury's but separated from the love of God. Their love is self serving. It is of man.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 27, 2009 11:36AM

LearningPoint
Yes, Painfuljourney! AMEN!

What an excellent video! It precisely and concisely outlines the false doctrines of the Word-Faith teachers and lets those false teachers speak for themselves via video clips of them articulating their doctrines.

If you want to KNOW WHY WORD-FAITH DOCTRINE IS HERESY, do yourself a big favor and listen to this true teacher. You can tell he loves the church and sees this false teaching as an infection coming in to deceive the people of God. Because it (word-faith heresy) is promoted so much on the airwaves, it has had much exposure and impact on people's thinking--without being tested or weighed against God's Word. Praise God for Justin Peters and others like him who are warning us. I'm going to watch this again and take notes. I want to be able to articulate all of the points he outlined. Let's be ready to give an answer for our faith, my fellow forum writers!! Let's be able to distinguish truth from lies. Our enemy is subtle, but the Word of God cuts through and exposes each lie. Thank God for His Word!!

Thank you for sharing this with us, Braveheart!

Hey see if you can have Justin Peters come to speak in Marysville. I was introduced to his testimony on Sirius Satellite Radio. The host Todd Friel on wretched radio shared with the listening audience, that it taks Justin nearly 2 hours to get dressed in the morning and a full day to pack his van to go out for a couple of days preaching.
You can tell Justin has a heart for the Lord and he has a big heart for Christians caught up in the WORD-FAITH DOCTRINE.
Thanks for watching and sharing it with as many people you can....

now
go serve your King.

Date: April 27, 2009 12:36PM

TCPWOC Attender: "Also, the lady on the video comment is a little out of place. I wasn't there and either were you. I know this. The glory for that feeling was directed straight to God not tpc. I thought it was great! If someone is healed by God and the praise goes to God there is nowhere for Satan to hide in that. He would not orchestrate that event for the simple reason is that God and His power are made known."

2 Thessalonians 2:9 says "The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders..." I didn't see the video nor was I there, I just wanted to point this out because YES there are miracles done that are not from God.

PLEASE watch this: [www.youtube.com] It's short. Thank you!

By the way, TCP Attender, we aren't attacking you, we are simply defending ourselves. I agree with Learning Point, what are your actual concerns with TPC? Because so far you seem to be skirting around them and defending TPC in the areas that we have concerns. We aren't here to bash on the church or its members, we have legitimate concerns that need to be brought into the light. I am pretty sure I can speak for most of us who have in the past attended regularly when I say that we still love and care about the people who attend. Just because we don't go there anymore and we have some real concerns about the teachings and dealings of the church doesn't make us the "enemy." Please stop making us sound like that and start addressing your issues. If your issues are that we don't like the teachings, SAY SO, ask us specific questions, and let's get on with it! (But you may want to do it in the thread that was started specifically for that)
thank you and I honestly don't want you to stop posting, I just want you to start being more specific about your intent on this forum, you said you don't have a hidden agenda and if that's true then start spilling your thoughts! :)

Posted by: Wounded Warrior ()
Date: April 27, 2009 12:59PM

Painfuljourney,

Thank so much for the link to Justin Peters. To everyone out there--see this video. It will give you alot of answers to questions about the Prosperity/ word of faith gospel and why it is NOT orthodox christianity that we all believe in.
It reveals why TP and other churches that preach this are cultic and are hurting many with their false teachings.

Posted by: Wounded Warrior ()
Date: April 27, 2009 01:04PM

Braveheart,
I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were the one that posted the link to Justin Peters.

So, Thank YOU for sharing this.

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: April 27, 2009 01:11PM

TTT- I Did not intend to talk down. Please forgive me.

If you (meaning anyone reading) want to know why I answer some posts the way I do it is simply this. I don't think it is healthy or right to guess why someone is doing something. I know, who's going to disagree with that statement? When you make a statement that is so broad it just seems a little unfair. TTT - as for me going forward. Yes I have. When I feel that God is telling me to draw nearer I have used that act as a physical way to show God I am trying and that I desire too.

Current Page: 91 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.